PDA

View Full Version : Move to North Carolina

rangerdos001
04-27-2008, 09:28 PM
The Army is moving me to Ft Bragg in June so I am looking for good places to play in North Carolina. Any info would be appreciated, but prefer halls with 9' tables (Diamond, Brunswick..) as opposed to bar type places. Maybe a good weekly tourney. Thanks,

Eric

oasisbilliards
04-27-2008, 09:36 PM
you are in for a treat of your life. as there are many places that is only a drive away. first there is little reno in fayetteville, a very nice place with diamond tables, the owner is very nice also, as mike davis usually stop by there and little keith bennet. brass and tap is a nice room to play at and it is raleigh, U.S open is just hour hours away, south carolina is just down the road. so have fun and good luck moving to All American country.

branpureza
04-27-2008, 09:43 PM
The Army is moving me to Ft Bragg in June so I am looking for good places to play in North Carolina. Any info would be appreciated, but prefer halls with 9' tables (Diamond, Brunswick..) as opposed to bar type places. Maybe a good weekly tourney. Thanks,

Eric

I think DeadPoked lives in Ft Bragg or fayetteville.. he also works with the military. He probably knows all the spots in that area.

If I were you I would definitely check out King Street Billiards, I think they have 20 tables and 4 or 5 of them are brand new Diamonds. The bar and grille is great and the cheeseburgers are awesome.

rangerdos001
04-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Starting to sound really good. I am getting anxious.

branpureza
04-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Starting to sound really good. I am getting anxious.

ha, don't get to anxious... that place isn't like vegas haha. where are you coming from?

rangerdos001
04-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Been in El Paso for the past year. Before that was stationed in Hawaii for about 7 Years. It'll be nice to be within driving distance of so many different places again. Was stationed in Kentucky for 5-6 years, and there were some great places up around there (Derby City...bonus).

TimKrazyMon
04-27-2008, 10:07 PM
If you're willing to drive up to Greensboro, they have 10 7' Diamonds, 4 9' Diamonds (3 new, 1 old), & 5 9' AMF tables. All the 9' tables are shimmed.

Creole
04-27-2008, 11:27 PM
Is this the Eric that played in the Shack tourney's in HI?

DeadPoked
04-27-2008, 11:38 PM

Eric

Pool is alive and well in Fayetteville. As Brandon mentioned earlier, King Street Billiards is the place to play in Fayetteville. Little Reno is a very nice pool in and of it self, but since King Street opened, all the action and the patronage is at King Streets. They are both only a stones throw away from each other as well. You think there is some history there? Yeah, you'll hear about it eventually.

If you are interested in playing in weekly tournaments, there is one every night of the week that pay out at least 125+. There are also 3 different pool leagues: APA, TAP, and BCA. They are all handicapped.

I'm actually not in the military now. I did 6 years in the Air Force and am now a Federal Contractor doing IT support at the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC).

Let me know when you get into town and I can get you acquainted with the pool scene here. And if you like action, I can put you in some spots.

JAM
04-28-2008, 02:36 AM

Eric

Good luck on your move, Eric. I think you will like North Carolina just fine. The people are SUPER friendly, and the food is ambrosially delicious. It doesn't get any better than Southern cuisine. They even give you FREE refills on your sodas in the Carolinas. Up north, you have to pay for refills. There's nothing finer than a tournament in North Carolina either. You are going to love it.

My nephew's name is Eric, and he is in the Army, too. He is a combat engineer. Right now, he is doing his first tour of duty in Iraq for 15 months. He left this past November. I think 15 months is too long, but he really likes the Army. He has made all new friends. His commanders like him and promoted him to a sergeant already. So the Army lifestyle suits Eric just fine.

Here's a picture of Eric over in Iraq. He is the one in the top middle with the dark green hat! :)

God bless our troops!

JAM

rangerdos001
04-28-2008, 07:07 AM
Thanks everyone for the responses. I appreciate the input. JAM, I hope your nephew stays safe over there. Deadpoked, I will drop you a PM when I get settled over there. Creole, I used to play the weekly tourneys at the shack, (who are you? send me a pm).

ScottW
04-28-2008, 07:17 AM
Send a PM to easy-e, he's also military and in the same general vicinity.

vagabond
04-28-2008, 09:28 AM

Eric

My favorite place is -Fat daddy where besides pool you can have good food and eye candy( Lot of cute,pretty women in Military uniforms ).Ocourse it is a pool hall with lot of 9 footers.To just play pool on diamond tables with no eye candy you may consider goin to another place-reno or some thing like that adjacent to the railroad tracks.

branpureza
04-29-2008, 02:03 PM

Eric

Man, I'm looking at the news right now and I hope they clean up those barracks before you get there...

broken gas pipes
mold
lead paint
broken toilet seats
over-flooded toilets

Man, that place looked gross... made the news on msnbc. You would think the American Gov't would do better for the people that protect the freaking country... :/

DeadPoked
04-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Man, I'm looking at the news right now and I hope they clean up those barracks before you get there...

broken gas pipes
mold
lead paint
broken toilet seats
over-flooded toilets

Man, that place looked gross... made the news on msnbc. You would think the American Gov't would do better for the people that protect the freaking country... :/

Brandon I think rangerdos has been in the military for a while now and will not be living in the barracks. It's only newer troops that have been in 1-3 years that live in the barracks as far as I know. And yeah, the Army isn't really known to have the best living quarters.

branpureza
04-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Brandon I think rangerdos has been in the military for a while now and will not be living in the barracks. It's only newer troops that have been in 1-3 years that live in the barracks as far as I know. And yeah, the Army isn't really known to have the best living quarters.

Well that's good to hear.. i figured the barracks were for the younger ones because it was actually a parent that sent the photos in... but I don't know much about military life.

rangerdos001
04-29-2008, 02:48 PM
It is sad that some of our Soldiers have to live like that. I'll do my best to make sure the ones in my little sphere of influence don't. I have been in a little while, but have not forgotten where I came from. These kids put their lives on the line and deserve the best.

A very grateful and concerned Sergeant Major.

DeadPoked
04-29-2008, 02:56 PM
It is sad that some of our Soldiers have to live like that. I'll do my best to make sure the ones in my little sphere of influence don't. I have been in a little while, but have not forgotten where I came from. These kids put their lives on the line and deserve the best.

A very grateful and concerned Sergeant Major.

36 year old Sergeant Major! Now I understand how you can afford that amazing cue collection! :D Congrats on an amazing achievement.