PDA

View Full Version : AZBilliards clothing??

our_auctionguy
04-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Just a crazy idea in $upport of our love affair with AZBilliards.

How about some custom T-shirts with the AZBilliards logo, a catchy slogan or two and an option for our screennames to be printed on them? I would buy some for sures.

Larry
our_auctionguy

Jerry Forsyth
04-28-2008, 03:20 AM
We currently have embroidered shirts that we wear at events. These are polo shirts that say AZBilliards on the front and AZBilliards.com, RunOutRadio.com and AZBtv.com on the back. The shirts are royal blue and the embroidery is in gold.

They are nice, but expensive. The "Outer Banks" brand 6 oz cotton shirts cost us $20 each with shipping and embroidery. If you add anything else to them the cost would be more. We would be willing to have these made and available, but isn't this cost too high?

Perhaps a forum member has a contact that can get us these shirts or t-shirts done more affordably. Quality, however, is important. A $10 shirt that only lasts for three washings is not as good a value as a $20 shirt that will last for years. I am not very fond of screen-printed shirts, but that is just a personal thing. I think embroidery looks a lot classier.

If anyone has ideas that we can embrace, let us know and we will put our support behind it. Otherwise, it is a free country and a free economy and you can do as you wish so long as you do not sell it as an 'official' AZB product or represent that it has our endorsement.

smokeandapancak
04-28-2008, 03:45 AM
Didnt we have big todo about this a while back...
I think that they are actually in the AZ store here on the site ...

I was kinda hyped about it when it was in the works, however I wasnt to high on the end product...

I dont remember why exactly, but something turned me off to it.

JAM
04-28-2008, 04:22 AM
There were some AzBilliards shirts made for an upcoming tournament that occurred in Las Vegas last year. I remember the thread about it: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=59046&highlight=shirts

It must have been a limited edition of AzBilliards shirts because I do not see these items listed in the AzBilliards marketplace anymore.

Wow, a limited edition shirt. Now, that's a money-making idea. Hmm, a one-of-a-kind pool item, limited edition.

Thanks, guys. I just got me an idea! Stay tuned! :)

JAM

JoeyA
04-28-2008, 08:08 AM
We currently have embroidered shirts that we wear at events. These are polo shirts that say AZBilliards on the front and AZBilliards.com, RunOutRadio.com and AZBtv.com on the back. The shirts are royal blue and the embroidery is in gold.

They are nice, but expensive. The "Outer Banks" brand 6 oz cotton shirts cost us $20 each with shipping and embroidery. If you add anything else to them the cost would be more. We would be willing to have these made and available, but isn't this cost too high?

Perhaps a forum member has a contact that can get us these shirts or t-shirts done more affordably. Quality, however, is important. A $10 shirt that only lasts for three washings is not as good a value as a $20 shirt that will last for years. I am not very fond of screen-printed shirts, but that is just a personal thing. I think embroidery looks a lot classier.

If anyone has ideas that we can embrace, let us know and we will put our support behind it. Otherwise, it is a free country and a free economy and you can do as you wish so long as you do not sell it as an 'official' AZB product or represent that it has our endorsement.

Jerry, that price is not a bad price at all, especially if you're talking about Outer Banks Mens 6-1/2 Oz. Pique Knit Sport Shirt (S-xl Colors) in low quantities. If you order a quantity of 144, my company would sell that item embroidered with AZBilliards signage (with no screen name) for a little less than twenty except that we would only ship it to one location.

The packaging and shipping costs are expensive. Embroidering and matching screen names with the correct sizes and shipping to over a hundred locations would make one pull his hair out.

So all in all, your price of $20 is good.
--------------------------------------------
If you're getting Men's Outer Banks Egyptian Diamond Knit Sport Shirt (S-xl), it is an even better value which costs an additional $6.00.
-------------------------

BTW, you and Mike did a FANTASTIC job with your videos in Fujeriah, UAE.

You and he went a little over the top with how relaxed you appeared to be. :)

Thanks for all of the reports.

BTW, were there ANY other countries providing the Internet Video Coverage like you and Mike did?

Thanks,
JoeyA

lodini
04-28-2008, 09:02 AM

I personally think $20 for an embroidered polo is very reasonable! And I agree, that kind of shirt is going to be 10 times the quality of a screen printed T-shirt, and for only twice the price:D It's well worth it to look good than cheesy!

our_auctionguy
04-28-2008, 01:32 PM

There a few companies in PI that make outrageous Tie Dies with silk Screening or just plain silk screen T-shirts that last for YEARS!. I have some that have been washed and worn for 5 + years and still going strong. retail cost when I was in PI. $5-8 with muti-color silkscreening. We have enough Filipino friends on AZBilliards that could probably do the sourcing and export. The quality is much better than one would imagine. We are an international community, so please don't knock the idea of importing from PI.