PDA

View Full Version : pool halls in downtown Seattle?

OneArmed
04-28-2008, 09:15 AM
I'm traveling to Seattle this week on business, and probably will want to play some 14.1.

Anyone know of a good room downtown where I can play some straight pool?

thanks

cigardave
04-28-2008, 10:39 AM
If you're stuck downtown, there's Jillian's... which is somewhat near Seattle Center and the Space Needle. It's located several blocks east of the Center... on the SW tip of Lake Union. It a club environment but with plenty of Gold Crowns to play on.

If you've got wheels, you should visit Russian Dave's (Golden Fleece) in Kenmore. He's got 10 Diamond 9-ft. Pro Ams... and it's a true pool hall environment... but with beer/wine as well.

OneArmed
04-28-2008, 10:52 AM
thanks! Unfortunately, I won't have a rental car, but I'll try and check out Jillian's

smoooothstroke
04-28-2008, 08:06 PM
I would characterize Jillians as a club/arcade atmosphere but i have not been there for at least 7 years and that was only 1 visit.Not aware of any good pool rooms in town but there is Russian Dave's,Uncle Jacks in Lynnwood and DR Cues on Lake City Way...all North of Seattle.

Poolfiend
04-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Belltown Billiards is another option. I think they have 9ft Gandys. Still more of a club atmosphere and don't even think about it on Friday or Sat. night. There are a couple other little places near downtown with 9 footers, but if you get a table upstairs in the back corner at Jillians it's not a bad place to practice.

stikapos
04-29-2008, 02:47 PM
If you go to Seattle without a car, I think the experience isn't what it should be. Nice view, nice fish market, coffee shops, etc. However, I LOVE Renton. About 14 miles away. Harvey's billiards is there. Great place. Lots of BJ clubs nearby. Freddie's place is awesome. The guys play barbox next to the sushi bar there for short money. Lots and lots of fun.

tim