PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Ronnie O'Sullivan makes a 147 and 300 000 $ in 9:56 minutes. Enjoy

Roy Steffensen
04-28-2008, 12:31 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VhqnNdZlQas

Ronnie "The Rocket" O'Sullivan makes his third 147-break in the World Championships.

Every 147-break that is made in the World Championship is rewarded with 147 000 pound, or about 300 000 $. This is the third time in his career that Ronnie has made a 147 in the World Championship. Not bad for a job that takes 10 minutes ;)

corvette1340
04-28-2008, 12:48 PM
that is simply amazing. I've always heard what a beast Ronnie O'Sullivan has been over his career but I must confess that this was the first time I've actually watched him. That is just crazy good and the way he went around the table from ball to ball without taking much time was insane. His position play was like he is some kind of snooker robot. Good stuff Roy.

stevea
04-28-2008, 12:51 PM
that was just awesome! Thanks for the link!

crawfish
04-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Man, who wants some of this guy? His records are ridiculous.

PoolBum
04-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Sick. Just sick.

TheOne
04-28-2008, 01:52 PM
I said this in the SNooker forum but I still can't get over the 2nd last red positional shot off the black.

With 300k riding on it, crowd, TV, world champs.

Thats $1m from 3 max breaks at the crucible alone for Ronnie.

In true Ronnie style he says' he's going to buy either a convertable Bently or a pair of trainers (sneakers) in the summer now!

Legend!

TheNewSharkster
04-28-2008, 02:02 PM
If you are at work and would like to see him run in 5 minutes check this link.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jaMCBrtINYE&feature=related (http://youtube.com/watch?v=jaMCBrtINYE&feature=related)

shinobi
04-28-2008, 03:15 PM
I said this in the SNooker forum but I still can't get over the 2nd last red positional shot off the black.

With 300k riding on it, crowd, TV, world champs.

No kidding. How precise was that?!

Scaramouche
04-28-2008, 04:05 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BR9t1Q_G5rI

:D :D :D

StevenPWaldon
04-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Wow, what a great break. The end of the pattern looked tricky, navigating those last remaining reds. For O'Sullivan to keep his head cool and not show any nerves with $300K on the line is incredible. This man is clearly in human.

bud green
04-28-2008, 05:53 PM
These are two of my all-time favorites:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rgxWd0djt5I

http://youtube.com/watch?v=95YZw4HgcS4

Ktown D
04-28-2008, 07:15 PM
That guy is a F'n machine.

Fatboy
04-28-2008, 08:06 PM
i watched him have a 140 break the other night, he has a high gear like Earl does in 9 ball, remember when Earl fired in that shot for a million, he didnt think twice he 2 stroked it like it didnt matter, too bad that ended up in some sort of law suit from my understanding, but my point is Ronnie, Earl just fire them in with no respect-they know they arent gonna miss so whats to worry about? must be nice. God Bless them, if I had that talent I might be dead by now, for too much trash talking. :D

I dont think anyone in snooker has a higher gear than Ronnie does, he delivers the cue as good as Efren when he is in gear playing his games, infact in UK snooker Efren has no chance. I also think Earl has the highest 9 ball gear as well, Efren is just the best player but dosent have that insane ball makeing machine gear that Earl and Ronnie have, Efren also moves better. Who needs to move when you never ever miss??? Let the flames begin:D :D :D . this is just my thoughts and remember Keith is gonna give the world the 8 so what the hell do I know? :) get them Keith, (no disrespect to Keith)

StevenPWaldon
04-28-2008, 08:23 PM
A guy I knew in LA always said, "Position is for guys who can't make balls!"

So true!

Who needs to move when you never ever miss??? Let the flames begin:D :D :D .

Fatboy
04-28-2008, 08:31 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VhqnNdZlQas

Ronnie "The Rocket" O'Sullivan makes his third 147-break in the World Championships.

Every 147-break that is made in the World Championship is rewarded with 147 000 pound, or about 300 000 $. This is the third time in his career that Ronnie has made a 147 in the World Championship. Not bad for a job that takes 10 minutes ;)

i think he said the bonus for a maximum was 25,000 pounds or $50,000USD soon to be $300,000USD if the dollar keeps falling, thats besids the point, your right he fired in that last black like it wasnt anything. Granted he has alot of $$$ and the bonus isnt gonna change his life but he just potted it as if it was a practice session, thats why he's Ronnie, like my above post those guys have something special. I have no talent for pool but the $$$ dosent make me do funny things like some players do, were all a bit different,

thanks for posting that link, somehow I missed that one before, I watch alot of snooker, youtube is great for snooker, well for the big breaks anyways, but the safety battles take longer and youtube dosent work so good for those frames, if all you watched snooker on was youtube you would think anything less than a break of 125 was poor form. :)

Fatboy
04-28-2008, 08:32 PM

So true!

I cant do either, what do you call that? a busted player? :eek:

DaveK
04-28-2008, 10:04 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BR9t1Q_G5rI

:D :D :D

Thanks Roy, and Scaramouche for the english version, a great reason to watch that lovely run twice in a row ... and bless those anouncers for remembering Cliffs first 147 there so many years ago.

Dave

<edit> I got motivated to search out Cliffs 1983 147 break at the Crucible ... I think they say it took 30 minutes, and started with a fluke, but the video is less than 5 minutes showing only the first fluke skipping to the last red then colours. One great bonus is that the fellow who stops playing at the adjacent table and watches is none other than Big Bill Werbeniuk ... after it all Bill looks happier than Cliff :D http://youtube.com/watch?v=OEO8j_3XzzI

Fatboy
04-29-2008, 12:35 AM
perhaps I was wrong and he did get 147,000 pounds, i hope so. it was a fantastic 147, they are all are but that one was really nice for some reason.

Luxury
04-29-2008, 01:04 AM
I consider myself a nine ball player but being that one of my best pool buds has a snooker table in his basement I play a ton of snooker and it really helps your ball pocketing skills.

Watching this video humbles me like nothing else.

Fatboy
04-29-2008, 02:08 AM
I consider myself a nine ball player but being that one of my best pool buds has a snooker table in his basement I play a ton of snooker and it really helps your ball pocketing skills.

Watching this video humbles me like nothing else.

if that girl in your avitar then....Watching her should humbles you like nothing else, wow she is pretty. I got lucky in that dept too. Aint it great? :D, congrats,

TheOne
04-29-2008, 03:08 AM
perhaps I was wrong and he did get 147,000 pounds, i hope so. it was a fantastic 147, they are all are but that one was really nice for some reason.

Yeah its been 147k for a number of years now, I agree with everything in your other post about Earl, Ronnie, and Efren btw.

Earl: 9 Ball
Ronnie: Snooker
Efren: Rotation, 1 Pocket, 8 Ball

Legends!

crappoolguy
04-29-2008, 03:21 AM

he also got an extra $20 000 for getting the highest break of the tournament. That is course if no one else gets another one! :o

MOJOE
04-29-2008, 05:57 AM
That was some amazing shooting. He made it look easy!

Jaden
04-29-2008, 07:50 AM
i watched him have a 140 break the other night, he has a high gear like Earl does in 9 ball, remember when Earl fired in that shot for a million, he didnt think twice he 2 stroked it like it didnt matter, too bad that ended up in some sort of law suit from my understanding, but my point is Ronnie, Earl just fire them in with no respect-they know they arent gonna miss so whats to worry about? must be nice. God Bless them, if I had that talent I might be dead by now, for too much trash talking. :D

I dont think anyone in snooker has a higher gear than Ronnie does, he delivers the cue as good as Efren when he is in gear playing his games, infact in UK snooker Efren has no chance. I also think Earl has the highest 9 ball gear as well, Efren is just the best player but dosent have that insane ball makeing machine gear that Earl and Ronnie have, Efren also moves better. Who needs to move when you never ever miss??? Let the flames begin:D :D :D . this is just my thoughts and remember Keith is gonna give the world the 8 so what the hell do I know? :) get them Keith, (no disrespect to Keith)

Now, I don't mean to disrespect Ronnie, and that is amazing to have a 147 break in the worlds, but I was watching him a couple of days ago live and he was missing a nuimber of shots. He's not a shot making machine. He's just the best snooker player out there right now.

Jaden

uwate
04-29-2008, 08:42 AM
The great ones always make fantastic play look like a walk in the park. You would never know by watching that video that 300k is on the line. Simply amazing, thanks for the link!

Pushout
04-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Thanks Roy, and Scaramouche for the english version, a great reason to watch that lovely run twice in a row ... and bless those anouncers for remembering Cliffs first 147 there so many years ago.

Dave

<edit> I got motivated to search out Cliffs 1983 147 break at the Crucible ... I think they say it took 30 minutes, and started with a fluke, but the video is less than 5 minutes showing only the first fluke skipping to the last red then colours. One great bonus is that the fellow who stops playing at the adjacent table and watches is none other than Big Bill Werbeniuk ... after it all Bill looks happier than Cliff :D http://youtube.com/watch?v=OEO8j_3XzzI

Many years ago, I met a guy from Montreal who was doing some sub-contracting for IBM. He came to town several times and taught me to play by the rules he played by, not the American version. He mentioned that he had a tape of Thorburn's 147 and on his next trip brought it over to the house for us to watch. Simply freakin' amazing!!!

MJ_Ro
04-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Alister Carter "The Capitan" makes 147 break to go 8-7 ahead Peter Ebdon.
History in the making in the snooker world. Ronnie must be a little mad at Carter for taking half of his winnings for his 147. Nobody had expect two 147 at the World Championships.

Bravo, Ali.

TheOne
04-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Alister Carter "The Capitan" makes 147 break to go 8-7 ahead Peter Ebdon.
History in the making in the snooker world. Ronnie must be a little mad at Carter for taking half of his winnings for his 147. Nobody had expect two 147 at the World Championships.

Bravo, Ali.

Wow was wondering what he'd do about his Bentley if somebody else made one, Ronnie just lost $150,000 ouch!

I was watching the Man Utd legends damn it!

Roy Steffensen
04-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Not only did Carter make a 147, but I heard there was another one who missed on the last black earlier today, to make it 120, and Hendry missed the last red yesterday when he was on 112.

Just in 2 days there was almost 4 x 147's!!! Shocking

MJ_Ro
04-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Yeah , Ebdon missed a 147 and Hendry missed one to, that's crazy. Just the fact they are playing for the World title is pressure enough, let alone to make a maximum break. It is just amaising how they can deal with that much pressure. They don't say for nothing that snooker is 90% a "mental" game.

PoolBum
04-29-2008, 03:44 PM

So true!

No, no, no, it's, "Shotmaking is for guys who can't play position." :D

I mentioned on another thread that I was really surprised to find out that there have only been 62 147's in the history of snooker.

Speaking of snooker, can anyone give me an estimate on how long the average "best of 25 frames" (aka, "race to 13") snooker match lasts?