PDA

View Full Version : 9 Ball Situation (8) - Another great run-out!

cuetable
04-29-2008, 12:53 AM
Hello people:

Wish you all had a good weekend.

Here is a layout taken from video of another aggressive run out. The player showed some solid skill going through all balls and won the game.

Here are the tasks:

1, Explain the run out in an exciting and clear voice?

2, There is a 3 wei shot during the run, can you guess when/where/how it happened?

http://CueTable.com/P/?@2ATbT3BJUH4CCXH3DXDs4EUVt4FPhH4GJse4HFQx3IALV2PQ aM@

cuetable
05-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Would anyone like to give it a try?

Da Poet
05-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Seems like the choice is where you're going with the three. Combo the five or in the side with follow if you're straight enough so you can take the four in the upper left corner. Probably depends on how good your leave on the two is.

I would go for the 3 in the side. If you don't have straight enough shape on the three to follow through the eight and the nine to get good on the four, you've got a very easy lockup safety option.

$.02

BRKNRUN
05-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Float down just above the 9 for the two in the upper corner.

Position on the 3 is the key to the whole rack. I would play for a shot in the far upper corner pocket and follow down to leave some angle on the 4...

I would play off the 4 to get an angle on the 5 so that the natural CB angle off of the 5 clips the 6 and carefully relocates it a bit towerd the upper corner...

After that the rack gets difficult.....;) (JK)

Sprite
05-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Pot 1-ball and kick the *8-ball away. Pot 2-ball and place your cueball to a 3-9 combo.

*Even if you cannot kick the 8-ball away, you still get placing for the 2-ball.

Lee from Singapore.

Da Poet
05-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Position on the 3 is the key to the whole rack. I would play for a shot in the far upper corner pocket and follow down to leave some angle on the 4...

(JK)

Yeah, position for the upper corner on the three is better.

Patrick Johnson
05-01-2008, 01:35 PM
I believe the 1 ball is the not-so-obvious key shot in this rack - it determines what angle you'll have on the 2, which will determine how much control you have over shape on the 3, which is the obvious key shot.

You have a choice of following between the 2 and 9 off the end rail or drawing below the 8 off the side rail. I think drawing below the 8 off the side rail gives a more predictable angle, and I'm pretty sure it's the best angle.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@2ATbT3BJUH4CCXH3DXDs4EUVt4FPhH4GJse4HFQx3IALV2PQ aM2UTbT3UblG2kQaM2kRGb6kOdG4kbXm4kNrb@

pj
chgo

BRKNRUN
05-01-2008, 01:44 PM
I believe the 1 ball is the not-so-obvious key shot in this rack - it determines what angle you'll have on the 2, which will determine how much control you have over shape on the 3, which is the obvious key shot.

You have a choice of following between the 2 and 9 off the end rail or drawing below the 8 off the side rail. I think drawing below the 8 off the side rail gives a more predictable angle, and I'm pretty sure it's the best angle.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@2ATbT3BJUH4CCXH3DXDs4EUVt4FPhH4GJse4HFQx3IALV2PQ aM2UTbT3UblG2kQaM2kRGb6kOdG4kbXm4kNrb@

pj
chgo

I don't think I could controle the CB well enough with draw from that angle off the 1... I fell like if I hit that shot I would easily end up sliding too far under the 7 and get hooked...

I feel like I have much more controle following the more natural tangent line off the 1 between the 9 and the two....(that is just me though)

cigardave
05-01-2008, 01:45 PM
My suggestion is... whoever broke these needs to work on their break. :rolleyes:

cuetable
05-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Thanks everyone for the inputs.

This looks like an "almost impossible" layout to me at first. I was shocked to see the player ran out with extreme cue ball control. Too perfect to be considered lucky... And believe me, this guy can play... I wouldn't bet against him no matter who the oppenent is.

He bumped a ball to open up things. After that it's all straight forward...

Anyone wants to guess what happened?

Da Poet
05-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks everyone for the inputs.

This looks like an "almost impossible" layout to me at first. I was shocked to see the player ran out with extreme cue ball control. Too perfect to be considered lucky... And believe me, this guy can play... I wouldn't bet against him no matter who the oppenent is.

He bumped a ball to open up things. After that it's all straight forward...

Anyone wants to guess what happened?

Sorry, but I'm just not seeing the absolute need to bump anything open. :(

Patrick Johnson
05-02-2008, 07:15 AM
I don't think I could controle the CB well enough with draw from that angle off the 1...

Looks like I'd have to cheat the side pocket a little to get the draw, but the CB's close enough for that. The CB would pick up quite a bit of holdup spin (off the 1) for the bounce off the side rail, helping to avoid the 7. Still, I didn't try this on a table, and if I did I might agree with you.

pj
chgo

cubc
05-02-2008, 07:50 AM
This is the first thing that comes to mind.
http://CueTable.com/P/?@2ATbT3BJUH4CCPG3DXDs4EUVt4FPhH4GJse4HFQx3IALV2PQ aM4QEMv4RHOh2UTbT2UdYA3VJUH3VcQk4WCPG2Wbjx3dALV3dA sW3dKHs2kQaM2kROa3kAWl4kEVB4lEMv3lGrD3lFlj4lHGf4mH Oh4mCoU4mBaN2mOtX@

I would play for more angle on the 3 in the upper corner so if I didnt get perfect to follow through I could use the 9 as a guide to help the cue ball get on top and also move the 9 out a little more.

penoy78
05-02-2008, 12:06 PM
My guess is that he bumped the 7 over to make the run a bit easier after coming from the 5. Is that what he did?

cuetable
05-02-2008, 12:11 PM
My suggestion is... whoever broke these needs to work on their break. :rolleyes:
:D Well, can you guess who broken the rack?

Sorry, but I'm just not seeing the absolute need to bump anything open. :(
:) I agree..

I would play for more angle on the 3 in the upper corner so if I didnt get perfect to follow through I could use the 9 as a guide to help the cue ball get on top and also move the 9 out a little more.
I like the idea here as well. The player did something very close. However he landed the CB in an odd spot for a beautiful run-out.. He turned one of the trouble balls on the table into a helper, guess which one?

Should I reveal the video?

cuetable
05-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Hi,

Please check here for the video and a comment by Ralf.

http://library.cuetable.com/showthread.php?p=1755#post1755

This is one of the video I have been watching again and again...

cubc
05-05-2008, 10:45 AM
I like the idea here as well. The player did something very close. However he landed the CB in an odd spot for a beautiful run-out.. He turned one of the trouble balls on the table into a helper, guess which one?

Looks like he was going for exactly what I said just fell a little short of the angle and drew it back into the 7 which was a convenient stopper.