PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Varney news....

Varney Cues
04-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Hello everyone. I have a few issues I'd like to address but I'll try to be brief as possible. As I'm sure most of you have read lately there is a certain small group of members that are trying to run me off of AZ. Manwon has been bragging to others that he'll personally make it impossible for me so that my days here are numbered. He's really tried....any time my name is mentioned or when someone has one of my cues for sell, he jumps right in with his fabricated BS or even pm's potential buyers, doing his best to ruin my name. Well I have news for Manwon and his buddies....I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!! I will not be dragged into a thread where he hopes to antagonize me into threatening his life, thus resulting in my getting banned from AZ. I simply will NOT, nor do I have the time, to participate in his child like foolishness. I have promised the mods that I will behave & not get involved....thats exactly what I'm going to do. Manwon's intent is clear for anyone who wants to search the history....he's attacked me from my day one here. I've never met the man nor had dealings with him so if I had to wager why...I'd guess he's just jealous that a new cuemaker showed up a few years ago and started selling cues that became high in demand. AZ is a tough go for most new cuemakers and when one becomes successful then I guess those not so popular then get upset. Like I said...its all right there in the AZ history if anyone would like to search my early days here.
Now let me try to answer a few questions that are floating out there. Just a couple of weeks ago I posted that I have stopped taking orders so as to be able to work 100% on my past due cues. Yes my pc crashed so I don't have one in my shop any longer, although I will have it correctly repaired shortly. I still will not be on AZ everyday as I'm trying to spend as much possible time working in the shop. Would you rather have me spending time here or building cues?
As for me playing in a tourney this weekend...YES I DID...and what a horrid crime that was. It was a charity event that makes money for the Haywood Co. association for retarded citizens. Its a long running annual event that I've played in for the last 10+ years....and my entry fee was paid months ago. As for selling cues there...yes I did that too....but they simply were not mine. I went to the event with a friend of mine who is a bit of a collector. I believe he sold more than 12 cues...3 of which where Varney's. I sold no ones ordered cues as Manwon & his posse would like you to believe. So if you walked by the dealer table and saw Varney's for sale or saw me showing off a cue, now you know the reason why.
I really grow tired of posting my personal & private life on this public forum. Yes my Grandmother had a heart attack last week so I was unavailable for the most part. I should not have to post personal info but in the past I have just trying to keep customers informed....only to see some members make comments that should not be allowed. So basically it
boils down to a small group doesn't care if I have a child, my wife's brother is killed, I'm in the hospital, or if my Grandmother is ill.............many believe I should NOT have a family life...they'd rather have me in the shop working 6am until 3am. Well I've done that & thats what gets you put in the hospital.
So to sum up....EVERYONE WILL GET THERE CUES....PERIOD!!! Yes as everyone knows I am running very much behind but I will indeed be caught up...and I mean sooner rather than later. I will over the next few days try to answer my emails & pm's...relax if you haven't heard from me...I will get to you. Every few days I will post pics of members delivered cues in the Gallery for all to see. And I'll try to name a few names on the short list. Everyones cues are started and many are very near completetion. I would like to thank my patient customers....you will be rewarded with an awesome cue. For others....the squeaky wheel doesn't get the grease...not in cuemaking. I try to keep the cues in order as best as possible instead of working on whomever is complaining the most....as many cuemakers do.
Below is a pic of a recently delievered cue....more pics in the Gallery. I'll also have Chenz's new Varney pics posted in the Gallery this evening too & Vinny I'll pm the tracking info shortly. Cajunbarboxplyr's cue is next & I'll have pics of it tomorrow. The short list after that is BuckeyeJim & Nibrobus. Each time I post pics I'll try to give a short update as to who is next.
Thank you to all my loyal supporters & previous customers. I sincerely apologize for falling behind but I will get this corrected shortly and all cues will be delivered. There are several hundred happy Varney owners and the list grows daily. Like I said in my previous thread....I haven't gone anywhere...just spending as much time as possible in the shop....building quality cues as fast as the wood, family, and God will allow.
Thank you!
Kevin Varney
Varney Custom Cues

edited to change to a smaller pic as per request...more pics of the cue in the Gallery section.:)

djkx1
04-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Thank you Kevin for the well written post. Keep up the nice work.

NYC cue dude
04-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Kevin,

A little advice.....

Communication is key, REGARDLESS of the circumstances. In fact, it becomes paramount when "deadlines" near and pass. The main thing that is fueling your customers anxiety, is your silence. I cannot stress enough, how by letting frutrations fester, you are really doing harm to your reputation. There is never any excuse for not keeping your customers up to date.

I suggest that a simple thread, much like you posted here, in the for sale section, written on a weekly basis, would solve most, if not all of your current business problems. Under the current circumstances, I'd think you 'd be extremely foolish not too. It couldn't have taken more than 5 minutes to post that, and the few cutomers mentioned, i'm sure, are well beyond relieved.

rg

Craig Fales
04-29-2008, 08:13 AM
I'd read through your whole post but with that page stretching pic the side scrolling got tiring.

Bigjohn
04-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Hello everyone. I have a few issues I'd like to address but I'll try to be brief as possible. As I'm sure most of you have read lately there is a certain small group of members that are trying to run me off of AZ. Manwon has been bragging to others that he'll personally make it impossible for me so that my days here are numbered. He's really tried....any time my name is mentioned or when someone has one of my cues for sell, he jumps right in with his fabricated BS or even pm's potential buyers, doing his best to ruin my name. Well I have news for Manwon and his buddies....I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!! I will not be dragged into a thread where he hopes to antagonize me into threatening his life, thus resulting in my getting banned from AZ. I simply will NOT, nor do I have the time, to participate in his child like foolishness. I have promised the mods that I will behave & not get involved....thats exactly what I'm going to do. Manwon's intent is clear for anyone who wants to search the history....he's attacked me from my day one here. I've never met the man nor had dealings with him so if I had to wager why...I'd guess he's just jealous that a new cuemaker showed up a few years ago and started selling cues that became high in demand. AZ is a tough go for most new cuemakers and when one becomes successful then I guess those not so popular then get upset. Like I said...its all right there in the AZ history if anyone would like to search my early days here.
Now let me try to answer a few questions that are floating out there. Just a couple of weeks ago I posted that I have stopped taking orders so as to be able to work 100% on my past due cues. Yes my pc crashed so I don't have one in my shop any longer, although I will have it correctly repaired shortly. I still will not be on AZ everyday as I'm trying to spend as much possible time working in the shop. Would you rather have me spending time here or building cues?
As for me playing in a tourney this weekend...YES I DID...and what a horrid crime that was. It was a charity event that makes money for the Haywood Co. association for retarded citizens. Its a long running annual event that I've played in for the last 10+ years....and my entry fee was paid months ago. As for selling cues there...yes I did that too....but they simply were not mine. I went to the event with a friend of mine who is a bit of a collector. I believe he sold more than 12 cues...3 of which where Varney's. I sold no ones ordered cues as Manwon & his posse would like you to believe. So if you walked by the dealer table and saw Varney's for sale or saw me showing off a cue, now you know the reason why.
I really grow tired of posting my personal & private life on this public forum. Yes my Grandmother had a heart attack last week so I was unavailable for the most part. I should not have to post personal info but in the past I have just trying to keep customers informed....only to see some members make comments that should not be allowed. So basically it
boils down to a small group doesn't care if I have a child, my wife's brother is killed, I'm in the hospital, or if my Grandmother is ill.............many believe I should NOT have a family life...they'd rather have me in the shop working 6am until 3am. Well I've done that & thats what gets you put in the hospital.
So to sum up....EVERYONE WILL GET THERE CUES....PERIOD!!! Yes as everyone knows I am running very much behind but I will indeed be caught up...and I mean sooner rather than later. I will over the next few days try to answer my emails & pm's...relax if you haven't heard from me...I will get to you. Every few days I will post pics of members delivered cues in the Gallery for all to see. And I'll try to name a few names on the short list. Everyones cues are started and many are very near completetion. I would like to thank my patient customers....you will be rewarded with an awesome cue. For others....the squeaky wheel doesn't get the grease...not in cuemaking. I try to keep the cues in order as best as possible instead of working on whomever is complaining the most....as many cuemakers do.
Below is a pic of a recently delievered cue....more pics in the Gallery. I'll also have Chenz's new Varney pics posted in the Gallery this evening too & Vinny I'll pm the tracking info shortly. Cajunbarboxplyr's cue is next & I'll have pics of it tomorrow. The short list after that is BuckeyeJim & Nibrobus. Each time I post pics I'll try to give a short update as to who is next.
Thank you to all my loyal supporters & previous customers. I sincerely apologize for falling behind but I will get this corrected shortly and all cues will be delivered. There are several hundred happy Varney owners and the list grows daily. Like I said in my previous thread....I haven't gone anywhere...just spending as much time as possible in the shop....building quality cues as fast as the wood, family, and God will allow.
Thank you!
Kevin Varney
Varney Custom Cues

Thanks Kevin... My order was placed w/ deposit in September of 2007. I would just like to know at what stage of completion my cue is in?... Is it just started, near completion or somewhere in the middle. Please let me know.

SpiderWebComm
04-29-2008, 08:31 AM
I would suggest refraining from posting anything involving your business or any business on an internet message board. It's like skinny dipping with sharks--- the only thing that comes out of it is a headache and a hard time.

If you want to communicate with your clients - do it directly. If you want to attract clients, simply post some pics with a brief advertisement.

Less is more. Over-saturation of info is taxing.
Don't involve the entire board in vendor-to-client communications.

Same thing for the Wheat Cues thread. You never even see the most successful cue makers post anything about "communications or problems" on here. There's probably a good reason.

The only thing that comes out of threads like this is something negative.... especially for people in the market for a new cue.

Highlanduh
04-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Communication is key, REGARDLESS of the circumstances.
Excellent point.

It's not like it takes hours per day to respond to PM's and/or post a quick reply letting everyone know that they're not being ripped off.

In fact, had this thread been posted days ago, it would have prevented much/most of the Varney-bashing and customer's stress that's been going on.

BVal
04-29-2008, 09:50 AM
I find it funny that you expect your customers who have paid their hard earned money for a cue they have not received to just relax. They will get it. Not that you care but I personally would never buy a cue from you based on how you conduct yourself and your business on here. Good luck and I hope you are able to get these customers what they paid for.

BVal

cajunbarboxplyr
04-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Kevin...... i stood by your side thruout the whole Varney Haters Club thread they have goin on. and I am certainly glad I have!!

Build on Kevin and dont let the little voices of AZ get you down!! It's amazing. for a group like them that really hate your cues they really cant shutup bout them. i feel the bad rep coming but I will do and say what I msut to stand up for a friend!!

Build on!

Cajun!

BVal
04-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Kevin...... i stood by your side thruout the whole Varney Haters Club thread they have goin on. and I am certainly glad I have!!

Build on Kevin and dont let the little voices of AZ get you down!! It's amazing. for a group like them that really hate your cues they really cant shutup bout them. i feel the bad rep coming but I will do and say what I msut to stand up for a friend!!

Build on!

Cajun!
I am not going to give you bad rep but I think you practice selective reading. People (99%) were not bashing his cues. They were talking about paying for a service that has not been performed with no communication. If you can't see the difference between that then I don't know what to tell you. All a man has is his word and when you promise things over and over and over and it doesn't happen......well then what is your word worth? I am not a "Varney Hater". I don't like the way he conducts his business. There is a difference.

BVal

pharaoh68
04-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Kevin,

A little advice.....

Communication is key, REGARDLESS of the circumstances. In fact, it becomes paramount when "deadlines" near and pass. The main thing that is fueling your customers anxiety, is your silence. I cannot stress enough, how by letting frutrations fester, you are really doing harm to your reputation. There is never any excuse for not keeping your customers up to date.

I suggest that a simple thread, much like you posted here, in the for sale section, written on a weekly basis, would solve most, if not all of your current business problems. Under the current circumstances, I'd think you 'd be extremely foolish not too. It couldn't have taken more than 5 minutes to post that, and the few cutomers mentioned, i'm sure, are well beyond relieved.

rg

I never thought I'd say this but...

Randy's right. The business you ae in requires that you keep in touch with your customers so that, when a deadline approaches and then lapses, regardless of what the circumstances are, you simply CANNOT say "I shouldn't have to give you an explanation". Its just bad business. These people trusted you to deliver. And trusted you enough to pay you up front.

What they deserve is some communication. When you don't communicate, it makes you look like you are taking the money and running. No one is responsible for all of the misfortunes that have happened to you. Thats life and I wish you the best for a speedy recovery in every case (your health, your mourning, etc.), but you do need to communicate with people and let them know WHY they won't be receiving the cue they paid for.

cbi1000
04-29-2008, 10:14 AM
this post by KV did nothing to update me on my cue!

Kevin, I've pm'd you several times asking about my cue. I have not heard one word from you in two months.

Look, I purchased the cue from you for the following reasons (not in any order):
1. Others here said your cues play great.
2. When I spoke with you the timeline for completion met my needs.
3. You were always online and were available
4. The price was right.

For the same price I could have gotten any number of great hitting break cues.
The timeline needed for this cue has come and gone, and gone some more, and ?

And if the communication was up to par then this msg would not be posted.

Kevin, please contact me directly (I have sent you a email and pm?s with my phone number) within the next three days. I want have a truthful conversation about my cue AND both agree to move forward with the cue. Otherwise I will ask for a full refund payable immediately.

Thanks,

cbi

ShootingArts
04-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Nothing like a loyal friend.

Hu

Build on!

Cajun!

quitecoolguy
04-29-2008, 10:25 AM
All i can say is that I will stand behind Kevin..not because i got my cue when it was promised..i could really care less. I dont hold cue making to the standard of retail. It is a craftmanship that must have a level of respect. I myself allow a person past speak for them. Before i put in an order for my Varney i did some research on Kevin..not once did i read that some one had put in an order and not gotten their cue. To me that was good enough. We all have things that come up in our lives that have an effect on what they do. If Kevin were to rush and send out poor quaility stuff some of you would hang him for that. I have supported Kevin as a cue maker and a person..Kevin we black folk have a saying "You make it do what it do :D " I know you will get everyone their cue , and a quality cue at that. Dont let the stress of demand get to you..you keep the wood flying and everything will work out okay buddy

CocoboloCowboy
04-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Kevin you are alive I had a visison of you shooting yourself with your .45.http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/arff.gif

BVal
04-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Kevin you are alive I had a visison of you shooting yourself with your .45.http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/arff.gif
I am not sure what the point of this comment is. I guess the point doesn't really matter because no matter what the point is the comment is in very poor taste.

I thought for sure you would have edited this by now Bruce.

BVal

8-ball Rat
04-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Wow....that's just about as uncalled for as any post I've read on the boards. You're a real class act, chief.......:(

Dawgie
04-29-2008, 11:17 AM
More melodrama from and about KV.

Fred
04-29-2008, 11:25 AM
[QUOTE=CocoboloCowboy]Kevin you are alive I had a visison of you shooting yourself with your .45.[IMG]

Cocobolo,

You are projecting your suicidal fantasy on to others.

Put the gun down and seek help.

Justin Nuder

ribdoner
04-29-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm not a VARNEY supporter or hater, like most, I'm ambivalent.

That said, NO DEPOSIT= NO PROBLEMS

An exception to "no deposit" would be highly custom or personalized cues

ericdraven
04-29-2008, 12:31 PM
waiting for the manwon posses to show up and do what they do .

manwon
04-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Thank you!
Kevin Varney
Varney Custom Cues

edited to change to a smaller pic as per request...more pics of the cue in the Gallery section.:)

I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!! I will not be dragged into a thread where he hopes to antagonize me into threatening his life,

Kevin, I am glad your not going to threaten my life, because that is something you do not want to do, not even in a veiled form trust me.;) :D

Kevin, only time will tell if you live up to your commitments!!!;) Actions speak louder then words, and your actions speak volumes!!!!!!!;)
I truly hope you live up to all your commitments, because I do not like seeing people get screwed. None of this would have happened if you had treated people with the respect they deserve and communicated with them, so blame no one but yourself.;)

Oh and by the way I have no posse, the people posting to all the threads were your customers, or others who understand that you actions were out of line. As far as the tournament go's, these posters must also have a bone to pick with you, because they posted freely.

Don't even bother to answer this post, I do not want to be responsible for any cues not being delivered, I know there is only so much time in a day!!!! I am done posting in these treads, my goals have been meet, Kevin is back and posting now time will tell the rest of the story!!!

Have a nice day Kevin!!!!!!!!!;)

ericdraven
04-29-2008, 12:52 PM
I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!! I will not be dragged into a thread where he hopes to antagonize me into threatening his life,

Kevin, I am glad your not going to threaten my life, because that is something you do not want to do, not even in a veiled form trust me.;) :D

Kevin, only time will tell if you live up to your commitments!!! Actions speak louder then words, and your actions speak volumes!!!!!!!
I truly hope you live up to all your commitments, because I do not like seeing people get screwed. None of this would have happened if you had treated people with the respect they deserve and communicated with them, so blame no one but yourself.

Oh and by the way I have no posse, the people posting to all the threads were your customers, or others who understand that you actions were out of line. As far as the tournament go's, these posters must also have a bone to pick with you, because they posted freely.

Have a nice day Kevin!!!!!!!!!

rofl how on cue was this post ;) :D bahahahha . maybe the ship is on the other foot taking on water my friend

Rocket354
04-29-2008, 01:19 PM
I honestly don't see how this is any different from how he has acted the past few months. Disappear, give no communication, then reappear only to shake his head at us unhappy customers. Cues are near completion? Really? Again?

KV, how do you feel about promising so many people 90 days or less and not delivering? If you are truly sorry, you will offer refunds to people who want it. I really doubt you are going to do this because despite all your words about being an honorable standup individual, your actions show you really couldn't care less about customers. Oh but that's right, from the tone of your posts, you are the overworked victim of us ungrateful louts.

There are only so many times you can disappear, blame your unhappy customers as if you aren't the only one responsible for your predicament, then reappear only to post a pic of your kid or talk about how much of a family man you are (as if you are the only one), then thank god publicly, and expect people to just accept any wacky thing you do.

If you are overworked, offer refunds. Those guys get instantly off your back, allowing you to complete the work of your grateful customers. But of course I get the sense you have absolutely zero intention of ever doing that, who cares about broken contract.

poolplayer2093
04-29-2008, 01:22 PM
rofl how on cue was this post ;) :D bahahahha . maybe the ship is on the other foot taking on water my friend

What does rofl mean?

everything manwon said was right on point. if he'd stayed in contact with his customers none of what was said would have been said. and when you make your only point of contact a public forum ,or some guy in another state, you're problems with your customers become public.

as for the ship sinking or being on the other foot ot what ever you'd like to call it that'll all be clear when the orders are complete

manwon
04-29-2008, 01:24 PM

Eric, you changed your Avatar, not surprising!!!!!!! Like I said above Eric actions speak louder then words and the only thing that we have here today is words. So dry your feet off, and remember to drink your MILK!!!!!!!!:D :D :D LMFAO

Have a good day!!!!!

The Milk Man

poolplayer2093
04-29-2008, 01:24 PM
I honestly don't see how this is any different from how he has acted the past few months. Disappear, give no communication, then reappear only to shake his head at us unhappy customers. Cues are near completion? Really? Again?

KV, how do you feel about promising so many people 90 days or less and not delivering? If you are truly sorry, you will offer refunds to people who want it. I really doubt you are going to do this because despite all your words about being an honorable standup individual, your actions show you really couldn't care less about customers. Oh but that's right, from the tone of your posts, you are the overworked victim of us ungrateful louts.

There are only so many times you can disappear, blame your unhappy customers as if you aren't the only one responsible for your predicament, then reappear only to post a pic of your kid or talk about how much of a family man you are (as if you are the only one), then thank god publicly, and expect people to just accept any wacky thing you do.

If you are overworked, offer refunds. Those guys get instantly off your back, allowing you to complete the work of your grateful customers. But of course I get the sense you have absolutely zero intention of ever doing that, who cares about broken contract.

no to mentin that you said it would be 90 days knowing you were so far behind there was no way it was going to only be 90 days. the cats out of the bag bro. be real

LoGiC
04-29-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm sure both ships will stay afloat and firing on each other- thats pretty apparent.

Shoot well, build on, and live it up.

ericdraven
04-29-2008, 01:30 PM
manchild and his posse appear in yet another varney thread to safely take us where no man has been before, to right the wrongs , for the common people and save everyone from the dark side , to restore hope to the galaxy for all man kind ( super man music playing in background ) ROFLMAO . like irish said unless you got a cue on order or waiting then this thread does not apply to you . manwon i had no idea this forum voted you the president of rehashed threads and to post when nothing here applies too you except your personal vendetta against kevin . booyah !!!

Rocket354
04-29-2008, 01:32 PM

Kevin, only time will tell if you live up to your commitments!!!;) Actions speak louder then words, and your actions speak volumes!!!!!!!;)
I truly hope you live up to all your commitments, because I do not like seeing people get screwed. None of this would have happened if you had treated people with the respect they deserve and communicated with them, so blame no one but yourself.;)

Have a nice day Kevin!!!!!!!!!;)

KV, could you pinpoint the point in that thread where manwon antagonized you into threatening his life? I've read the whole thing and never saw anything like that (I could be wrong or skimmed something who knows).

Because otherwise, the reason you feel "antagonized into threatening his life" is because of YOU, sir, as YOU are the type of person who, when there's conflict with another, FEEL LIKE THREATENING THAT PERSON'S LIFE. It's your perceptions man, all in your head. But thanks for, even in your defense statement, showing what type of person you really are.

!Smorgass Bored
04-29-2008, 01:34 PM
Kevin,
I am glad that you are well and I'm sorry that you were knocked out of that tournament prematurely.

I understand how unforseen things in life can sometimes get in the way of previous commitments and I have every confidence that you will prevail in your endeavors.

With that said, would you mind making me a Free 19oz. Varney playing cue and getting it out to me by my birthday Sept. 12th ?

thanks in advance,
Doug
( I'm thinking about resuming pool playing )

pharaoh68
04-29-2008, 01:35 PM

Build on!

Cajun!

Cajun,

No one ever doubted your ridiculous loyalty. In fact, we laughed at it. A lot!!! What you and some of these half-wits here seem to be missing is that none of these threads were about Kevin Varney and his product being good or bad. They were about Kevin Varney taking people's money, promising them a delivery date, letting that date come and go, never giving them updates, and not responding to inquiries.

Now I gotta ask you Cajun. Do you really consider that a good business practice??? I mean, I've had my gripes with Kev in the past. I like to think that we've both moved on from that. But as far as this matter goes, its NOT about his product but how he goes about handling the business of selling his product.

If you can't see that, then you really are BLIND. Do yourself a favor. Stop talking. The more input you have in these threads, the more foolish you look.

waiting for the manwon posses to show up and do what they do .

Wait. I don't get it. First you appeared to be one of those fools who displays a ridiculous, undying blind faith in a man whos actions were, to say the least, questionable. Then, by the end of the thread, you appeared to have jumped ship.

Now that the man himself has spoken, you're back on the bandwagon?!?!

Make up your mind eric. And see my last sentence directed to cajun. The same applies to you.

ericdraven
04-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Cajun,

No one ever doubted your ridiculous loyalty. In fact, we laughed at it. A lot!!! What you and some of these half-wits here seem to be missing is that none of these threads were about Kevin Varney and his product being good or bad. They were about Kevin Varney taking people's money, promising them a delivery date, letting that date come and go, never giving them updates, and not responding to inquiries.

Now I gotta ask you Cajun. Do you really consider that a good business practice??? I mean, I've had my gripes with Kev in the past. I like to think that we've both moved on from that. But as far as this matter goes, its NOT about his product but how he goes about handling the business of selling his product.

If you can't see that, then you really are BLIND. Do yourself a favor. Stop talking. The more input you have in these threads, the more foolish you look.

Wait. I don't get it. First you appeared to be one of those fools who displays a ridiculous, undying blind faith in a man whos actions were, to say the least, questionable. Then, by the end of the thread, you appeared to have jumped ship.

Now that the man himself has spoken, you're back on the bandwagon?!?!

Make up your mind eric. And see my last sentence directed to cajun. The same applies to you.

nobody jumped ship even me , i got life outside the internet and do not post 24/7 if not being online all the time to respond to dumb remarks then i guess i jumped ship lol (rolley eyes )

manwon
04-29-2008, 01:46 PM
KV, could you pinpoint the point in that thread where manwon antagonized you into threatening his life? I've read the whole thing and never saw anything like that (I could be wrong or skimmed something who knows).

Because otherwise, the reason you feel "antagonized into threatening his life" is because of YOU, sir, as YOU are the type of person who, when there's conflict with another, FEEL LIKE THREATENING THAT PERSON'S LIFE. It's your perceptions man, all in your head. But thanks for, even in your defense statement, showing what type of person you really are.

It is actually ok, I do not mind veiled threats by anyone. Being in the Military for 23 years and having vacations in the Middle East, South and Central America, Africa, Asia and other Hot Vacation spots threats are meaningless to me. Only actions speak louder then words, and I do not think Kevin meant anything by his words on this or any other subject at hand.;)

Have a great day!!!

BVal
04-29-2008, 01:47 PM
nobody jumped ship even me , i got life outside the internet and do not post 24/7 if not being online all the time to respond to dumb remarks then i guess i jumped ship lol (rolley eyes )
I know you have things to do but please take a second to answer this question. IT IS A YES OR NO QUESTION.

Do you do business the same way that Varney has done it?

I REPEAT - ALL I NEED IS A SIMPLE YES OR NO, NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS (maybe some periods after the yes or no to make it long enough).

BVal

No Illusions
04-29-2008, 01:52 PM

Called me biased because I know the man but I wouldn't give no refund. I build custom furniture and half up front to help cover materials is standard. If someone backs out or doesn't want to wait then I give no refund either. That helps cover my time & material. Behind is not the beginning of trying to describe my own calander.
I've been to his shop lots of times as I too am waiting on a cue. Worried? Not the least. I've seen all the cues hes working on and how much he works. I own several and know the quality. I will wait.
He's a good guy and I call him my friend too. I just read where he's no longer taking orders to work only on already started cues and I applaude that decesion.
Give the guy a break and allow him to show he's shipping cues. I've seen my wood and while the wait is tough I know for sure its worth it.
Mark <<<<<< no hater posse connections!

ribdoner
04-29-2008, 01:53 PM
I know you have things to do but please take a second to answer this question. IT IS A YES OR NO QUESTION.

Do you do business the same way that Varney has done it?

I REPEAT - ALL I NEED IS A SIMPLE YES OR NO, NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS (maybe some periods after the yes or no to make it long enough).

BVal

Can't happen, post menopause:o

dots.....................maybe

scruffy1
04-29-2008, 01:55 PM
kevin,

I stood by hugging your nuts while you were playing in a tournament using money from cue deposits of people you wont respond to. None of that matters to me, i will always be here for you! I h8 manwon!

love,
cajun

BVal
04-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Called me biased because I know the man but I wouldn't give no refund. I build custom furniture and half up front to help cover materials is standard. If someone backs out or doesn't want to wait then I give no refund either. That helps cover my time & material. Behind is not the beginning of trying to describe my own calander.
I've been to his shop lots of times as I too am waiting on a cue. Worried? Not the least. I've seen all the cues hes working on and how much he works. I own several and know the quality. I will wait.
He's a good guy and I call him my friend too. I just read where he's no longer taking orders to work only on already started cues and I applaude that decesion.
Give the guy a break and allow him to show he's shipping cues. I've seen my wood and while the wait is tough I know for sure its worth it.
The biggest problem is most of these guys have given Kevin numerous breaks and have had promises broken over and over. You are in a different situation than these other people. It is MUCH different when you can stop by his shop and look at stuff.

BVal

BVal
04-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Can't happen, post menopause:o

dots.....................maybe
I was going to use dots but I thought he might come back with the ole' "there is not a dot button on the keyboard" saying. :)

BVal

Rocket354
04-29-2008, 02:01 PM

Sir, let me ask you a question. In your furniture business do you 1) collect 100% of the money up front, all the while 2) promising 90 days or less (or some other deadline)?

If you did promise a strict deadline, would you be more inclined to issue refunds if you were well over that deadline? Or do you not give exact deadlines because you are a responsible enough person to realize you can't promise anything, and you'll do the best you can do?

Dawgie
04-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Like I said in my previous thread....I haven't gone anywhere...just spending as much time as possible in the shop....building quality cues as fast as the wood, family, and God will allow.

When someone brings God into the business arrangement I'd be wary. This is just a another way to try and back you off from voiceing your concerns.

God bless you all.

No Illusions
04-29-2008, 02:09 PM
kevin,

I stood by hugging your nuts while you were playing in a tournament using money from cue deposits of people you wont respond to. None of that matters to me, i will always be here for you! I h8 manwon!

love,
cajun
You need 30 days vacation adding crap like that to the thread. Same stuff Manwon does telling members they have white stuff on their mouth and calling them "nut huggers" then he tells someone to 'drink their milk' and he's the "milkman". What kind of crap is that? It should not be allowed by a moderator.

manwon
04-29-2008, 02:10 PM
kevin,

love,
cajun

I h8 manwon

Keeps your warm don't it!!!!!!!!!!:D

I stood by hugging your nuts while you were playing in a tournament

I would also bet that made his shaft like Iron!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :D

By the way this is more information than I personally need!!!!!!!;)

poolplayer2093
04-29-2008, 02:11 PM
it was kinda funny though.

manwon
04-29-2008, 02:16 PM
You need 30 days vacation adding crap like that to the thread. Same stuff Manwon does telling members they have white stuff on their mouth and calling them "nut huggers" then he tells someone to 'drink their milk' and he's the "milkman". What kind of crap is that? It should not be allowed by a moderator.

Oh come on, all my statements were directed to no one in general, if you really had no Illusions you would understand that. The only people who should feel offend are those who feel guilty in some way. Like I have said if the shoe fits wear it, because if it dosen't no one should feel offended!!!!!;)

I have not been able to help myself, but his is my last post on the subject!!!

Have a good day!!!

No Illusions
04-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Sir, let me ask you a question. In your furniture business do you 1) collect 100% of the money up front, all the while 2) promising 90 days or less (or some other deadline)?

If you did promise a strict deadline, would you be more inclined to issue refunds if you were well over that deadline? Or do you not give exact deadlines because you are a responsible enough person to realize you can't promise anything, and you'll do the best you can do?

Yes I have collected 100% in front before numerous times often cause the customer offers it. I give a "projected" date that per norm is only met on smaller projects. Most larger jobs do run over.
I've taken a finished product to a business before only to have to bring it back and do something different if maybe I measured and built it wrong. Sometimes these adjustments take months alone. I have people complain all the time but the diffenrence is its not on the internet for the world to see.
The world is full of haters and nay sayer that love misery and drama. Only a loud handful get the spot light. I imagine there are more than a couple hundred happy Varney customers that just don't won't to take part in this soapopera. Hopefully the moderators will do the right thing and give some vacations. I have better things to do now goodnite.

No Illusions
04-29-2008, 02:28 PM
I h8 manwon

Keeps your warm don't it!!!!!!!!!!:D

I stood by hugging your nuts while you were playing in a tournament

I would also bet that made his shaft like Iron!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :D

By the way this is more information than I personally need!!!!!!!;)

I just wanted to quote this before you edited it again. I don't care if you were in the military or not. I doubt it really or you wouldn't keep bragging about it. You post like your 10 yrs old. I wish the mods had seen this before you edited it. Do we have a mod here?

ribdoner
04-29-2008, 02:32 PM
I just wanted to quote this before you edited it again. I don't care if you were in the military or not. I doubt it really or you wouldn't keep bragging about it. You post like your 10 yrs old. I wish the mods had seen this before you edited it. Do we have a mod here?

NO DEPOSIT= NO PROBLEMS

Rocket354
04-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Yes I have collected 100% in front before numerous times often cause the customer offers it. I give a "projected" date that per norm is only met on smaller projects. Most larger jobs do run over.
I've taken a finished product to a business before only to have to bring it back and do something different if maybe I measured and built it wrong. Sometimes these adjustments take months alone. I have people complain all the time but the diffenrence is its not on the internet for the world to see.
The world is full of haters and nay sayer that love misery and drama. Only a loud handful get the spot light. I imagine there are more than a couple hundred happy Varney customers that just don't won't to take part in this soapopera. Hopefully the moderators will do the right thing and give some vacations. I have better things to do now goodnite.

Do you give the projected date using a phrase similar to this: "I will have it ready to ship 90 days or less"? Or do you say something along the lines of "It should be done in about 90 days or so"?

One is a promise. The other is an estimate. They are very different, and carry with them very different sets of expectations.

!Smorgass Bored
04-29-2008, 02:48 PM
Kevin,
I am glad that you are well and I'm sorry that you were knocked out of that tournament prematurely.

I understand how unforseen things in life can sometimes get in the way of previous commitments and I have every confidence that you will prevail in your endeavors.

With that said, would you mind making me a Free 19oz. Varney playing cue and getting it out to me by my birthday Sept. 12th ?

thanks in advance,
Doug
( I'm thinking about resuming pool playing )

I haven't heard a peep from Kevin Varney since I inquired about a Free cue by my birthday. He hasn't replied here, he hasn't PMed me, he hasn't been online, he hasn't called me or anything. I think I should receive an answer in a timely manner or I'm going to ask Eddie Wheat about 100% off one of his custom cues that fit my paricular body and build (and temperment).

Doug
( I hate all this waiting and suspense )

Rocket354
04-29-2008, 02:48 PM
NO DEPOSIT= NO PROBLEMS

I agree 100%. Never again.

J$Cincy
04-29-2008, 02:53 PM

what a beautiful example of a.....

1. dick rider :

one who uses the male penis of another as a mode of transportation willfully to gain social or financial status with no regard of self itegrity or how they are percieved by others.

who cares...
sincerely...this guy

ribdoner
04-29-2008, 02:53 PM
A HUGE step in terms of rebuilding image/credibility would be offering refunds of deposits/payments to those customers who haven't received cues.

Strong pro-active action far outweighs rhetoric.

!Smorgass Bored
04-29-2008, 02:56 PM

1. dick rider :

one who uses the male penis of another as a mode of transportation willfully to gain social or financial status with no regard of self itegrity or how they are percieved by others.

who cares...
sincerely...this guy

Do they use a saddle or ride bareback ?
Doug

JoeyA
04-29-2008, 02:58 PM

What is the reason for this post? Did you get some giggles from it? I really don't understand you. You have some circuits that need to be repaired.

You've said some bizarre things in the past and your comments continue to get worse. You remind me of that heavy set guy avatar with the leacherous sadistic face that made improper comments to Bval about his wife.

You really owe the forum and Kevin an apology. (and a promise to discontinue this bizarre one way banter).
JoeyA

No Illusions
04-29-2008, 02:59 PM

1. dick rider :

who cares...
sincerely...this guy

You do realize this is a public forum for pool and their are (mine) kids also on this site. Add another to the vacation list. I see this thread will be locked soon at this rate.

ribdoner
04-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Do they use a saddle or ride bareback ?
Doug

Does anyone sing in the shower when wearing a raincoat?:confused:

J$Cincy
04-29-2008, 03:12 PM
You do realize this is a public forum for pool and their are (mine) kids also on this site. Add another to the vacation list. I see this thread will be locked soon at this rate.

thanks for your inquiry and keep up the good work...

hey by the way...have you talked to those guyz lately....

manwon
04-29-2008, 03:33 PM

1. dick rider :

who cares...
sincerely...this guy

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, I know I said I would not post any more but this is the funniest shit I have seen in a long time!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

UrackmIcrackm
04-29-2008, 03:40 PM
like irish said unless you got a cue on order or waiting then this thread does not apply to you.

Thanks Kevin... My order was placed w/ deposit in September of 2007. I would just like to know at what stage of completion my cue is in?... Is it just started, near completion or somewhere in the middle. Please let me know.

this post by KV did nothing to update me on my cue!

Kevin, I've pm'd you several times asking about my cue. I have not heard one word from you in two months.

The timeline needed for this cue has come and gone, and gone some more, and ?

And if the communication was up to par then this msg would not be posted.
Kevin, please contact me directly (I have sent you a email and pm?s with my phone number) within the next three days. I want have a truthful conversation about my cue AND both agree to move forward with the cue. Otherwise I will ask for a full refund payable immediately.

Thanks,

cbi
Here's two so far and I've highlighted what (in my opinion) is the main sticking point that the folks that have defended Mr. Varney have not addressed.

If you know someone personally and can go to their shop and see things and be in contact with them, that's fine and dandy for you. The majority of people don't know him outside of the forum and do not have the luxury of going to his shop to see things come along. As a matter of fact, none of these folks (from what I've read) have been able to contact him at all.

I think most folks are willing to forgive a deadline passing because he got behind, providing he contacted them. Zero communication to someone that has paid money tends to look like they've been had. They feel like "suckers" because they paid a guy & he up and ran off with the cash. Apparently that isn't the case (as best as one can tell at this point) but I can certainly see where someone would think that.

One gentleman has been waiting 8 months and has absolutely no clue what the status is on his cue. That is bad business and bad customer service, no matter how you look at it.

For the gentleman that makes furniture, I'm curious about something. You understand from experience that it is possible to get behind on things. The question I have is, do you ignore your customers? Are you awol from them in all forms from face to face to email to phone? If this is your own business and how you support yourself and/or a family, I would venture a guess that your answer is "no".

Mr. Varney might be a great guy that makes a great cue. Those qualities are being lost in the fact that he's seriously lacking in the customer service department.

poolplayer2093
04-29-2008, 03:41 PM

people that were in the military are often very proud of their service. with 23 years under his belt its a huge part of his life and i think he would bring it up often.

easy-e
04-29-2008, 03:47 PM
people that were in the military are often very proud of their service. with 23 years under his belt its a huge part of his life and i think he would bring it up often.

Very true!

cincyman
04-29-2008, 03:48 PM

1. dick rider :

who cares...
sincerely...this guy
Maybe the best post ever lol ROFLMAO

Mr. Wilson
04-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Something that has been brought to my attention again are the personal attacks on Kevin Varney.

Regardless of what you guys think, either for or against....the attacks on a personal level are against the rules and will not be allowed.

I am not going to point fingers but am saying that they stop NOW.

If anyone has a question about what may or not be said, by all means, contact me and I'll be happy to explain.

ericdraven
04-29-2008, 06:33 PM

yeah he is good at backtracking and name calling , but i have saved all his name calling remarks before he had a chance to re -edit :D . hmm mighty quiet in this room now;) anyway illusions how are you today ???

manwon where are you ? you got any more names to call in this thread? i did not think so .

UrackmIcrackm
04-29-2008, 06:44 PM
hmm mighty quiet in this room now;)
You're correct. Two people that have given Mr. Varney money have asked him direct questions and as has unfortunately been the case for them, it's mighty quiet. I've heard nothing but crickets since they posted their questions to Mr. Varney.

ericdraven
04-29-2008, 07:01 PM
You're correct. Two people that have given Mr. Varney money have asked him direct questions and as has unfortunately been the case for them, it's mighty quiet. I've heard nothing but crickets since they posted their questions to Mr. Varney.

naa i was talking about manwon and his backtracking and name calling but since mr wilson posted it has been real quiet .:) :) oh well a pleasant quiet indeed

Mr. Wilson
04-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Eric, none of this gives you liscence to chime in and stir the flames.

This is a warning

ridewiththewind
04-29-2008, 08:02 PM

Eric, Craig would never have to worry about anyone jumping ship on him, as he has a completely different business model in place. Besides, he freely admits that he is not a cuemaker...yet. He takes some very lovely old, and very often historic cues, as gives them new life. He also salvages other cues that have been long dead other wise, and assembles them into to something entirely new. He has the patience to learn and perfect on each stage of his journey.

Also, he runs a rather successful room full time...no small feat in this time of the ever growing list of rooms closing their doors. With that in mind, he does not promise what he cannot deliver. He does what he does for the love of the game. His memorabilia collection is the envy of many, and he has done much in helping to preserve Seattle area pool history, which is quite rich indeed. And he has been most forthright and willing to openly share this history here...and has asked for nothing in return. He is not one to brag on himself.

He is merely trying to get some people to understand that a basic premise of doing good business is that once you begin to take peoples' money, whether it be in the form of a deposit or payment in full, that you then MUST ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY of leaving the lines of communication wide open. As to not having the time to send emails, it would have been a simple basic email, sent to all his customers in the form of a mailing list, and one click of the button would have reached likely all of them in one fell swoop. He could have avoided weeks of speculation and innuendo with but a few minutes of his time...a very few minutes. And an email from him to his customers directly would have been much more personal...which can go a long way to alleviate one's fears and/or anxiety.

Yes, cuemakers are human...no one is discounting that. And they have a life just like the rest of us, but that does not absolve them from not keeping their customers informed.

I recently received a cue from a maker that accepts no orders, no deposits, and quotes no ETA's. He wants the freedom to do what he loves, on his terms, and he has a life. Last year, he decided that he needed a break, as he was just not feeling terribly creative...and announced to those of us with cues in the works, that he was going to go on a 'walkabout' for a while. I was okay with it...I do not want a maker who is feeling a bit depleted creatively to work on my cue anyways...we both may have been disappointed. BTW...the cue was definitely worth the wait! It's stellar. But I KNEW it was going to take a bit longer, because he communicated that to us.

This was the basic point that Craig, as well as others, was trying to get across. But as is always the case here at AZB, it was perceived as an attack. The initial intent was not meant to be negative...it was others who perceived it this way, and as a result, turned it that way.

Now, with all this said....I feel badly that Kevin is having an extraordinarily bad run of luck at the moment with regards to his personal life....and I do not believe for a minute that anyone here wishes him ill will with regards to that. But all he needed to do was tell his customers that, without elaboration, and I am sure most would have understood.

BTW, Dave, I was in the middle of typing this tome, and I just noticed your post, which must have happened as I was typing. I am in no way trying to poke a polar bear with a stick. ;) Sorry.

Lisa

powerlineman80
04-29-2008, 08:02 PM

You are correct. There are not many servicemen that are active or retired that I know that are NOT proud of their service. Matter of fact, I know of NONE and my family is full of men that served our country. So "NoIllusions" seems to be having "delusions".

As for eric and his giddy posts about it being quiet in here after a mod/admin whatever he is posted, like Urackm said it sure has been quiet from Mr. Varney about the questions posed by people that paid in full and have been waiting for a LONG time now. Why is Varney wasting his time with us anyways? He needs to be sending out pm's to the people he OWES cues to instead of calling people liars, etc.

ridewiththewind
04-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Yes, Eric Draven, I do believe the drivel I wrote, Please do not PM me again. Thank you.

Lisa

Varney Cues
04-29-2008, 09:07 PM
I am in the process of contacting those who are concerned. Thank you very much to all those who've expressed support that aren't worried.
As I said in my earlier post...I've just posted pics of Chenz's new Varney in the Gallery. Thank you again Vinny, you are a pleasure to deal with every time.:)
Here's a little preview of his new j/b.....

ribdoner
04-29-2008, 09:18 PM
I am in the process of contacting those who are concerned. Thank you very much to all those who've expressed support that aren't worried.
As I said in my earlier post...I've just posted pics of Chenz's new Varney in the Gallery. Thank you again Vinny, you are a pleasure to deal with every time.:)

3/8 x 10 SCREW??

Rocket354
04-29-2008, 09:31 PM

I have yet to hear anything...

I would like my refund via paypal, please.

ericdraven
04-29-2008, 10:40 PM
no illusions did you save any of those items that were posted on another board ?? i have a few and wondering if you were able to copy and save ? i was gonna pm you but i was already here. no need to respond here just send me a pm . that is a good feature to have is a pm . i have some info on that horse you bet on . the odds were positive and elvis has left the building.

i will get up with you tomorrow i will not be home til late.

take care eric

masonh
04-30-2008, 12:02 AM
Eric, none of this gives you liscence to chime in and stir the flames.

This is a warning

eric you must have missed this post.

Fast Lenny
04-30-2008, 12:34 AM
Im sorry but with all of the drama associated with Varney and things coming up all the time along with lack of communication i wouldnt buy from him.I see some good cuemakers on here doing "good" business like Dave Albrecht,Greg Sirca,Joe Baker,Easons Cues,Patrick Cues,and im sure a few others i cant think of off hand.I hope that he does the right things for the guys who purchased from him,i dont think he is out to rip anyone off and its good the new orders are on hold until he catches up.If it takes you 3 months to build a cue then maybe saying 4-5 months will give you insurance and when the guy gets it earlier then the 4-5 months he will be happy. :)

ericdraven
04-30-2008, 02:08 AM
Im sorry but with all of the drama associated with Varney and things coming up all the time along with lack of communication i wouldnt buy from him.I see some good cuemakers on here doing "good" business like Dave Albrecht,Greg Sirca,Joe Baker,Easons Cues,Patrick Cues,and im sure a few others i cant think of off hand.I hope that he does the right things for the guys who purchased from him,i dont think he is out to rip anyone off and its good the new orders are on hold until he catches up.If it takes you 3 months to build a cue then maybe saying 4-5 months will give you insurance and when the guy gets it earlier then the 4-5 months he will be happy. :)

that is a cool video . rofl . i got a few also . I am SPARRRRRRRRRRRRRTAAAAAAA those are classic.

all your base is belong to us anyway off topic but still funny

buddha162
04-30-2008, 03:34 AM
Yes, Eric Draven, I do believe the drivel I wrote, Please do not PM me again. Thank you.

Lisa

He's a serial pm offender. It's quite creepy, actually...

-roger

CocoboloCowboy
04-30-2008, 05:47 AM

Part of Kevin's sig line is ".45acp...when you care enough to send the very best!!!"

I have sent Kevin several PM's about .45 ACP's, (Model 1911's aka Colt 45 Autos) my experences with em when I was a R/O (range officer) and some of you did not get the what I consider funny, or joking about gun safety.

Bottom line is Kevin is safe, and well. Sorry if you did not get the safety joke.

easy-e
04-30-2008, 05:51 AM
good man!..

NateSchoepf
04-30-2008, 05:52 AM
I am glad Kevin is back and communicating here and hopefully with the buyers. Kevin, when you are able to take on some repair work please let me know.

ScottR
04-30-2008, 06:26 AM
Did I accidentally enable "Gibberish" as the default language???

ShootingArts
04-30-2008, 06:50 AM
Did I accidentally enable "Gibberish" as the default language???

Apparently your font is set wrong. The post is most comprehensible if you change your font to "wingdings"!

Hu

pharaoh68
04-30-2008, 07:05 AM
He's a serial pm offender. It's quite creepy, actually...

-roger

Roger, Scott, Lisa,

You guys do realize that all of these comments are falling on deaf (or retarded) ears right?!?! Nothing you say is going to change Eric's ways. He loves KV so much that Im sure he'd probably follow the man to the grave. Despite the lack of communication and the failure to deliver on time, Eric is still gonna stand by his man. If he were a kid and KV was his dad, I'd say it was cute. But since they are both grown men, I'd be worried if I were Kevin.

- B <--------- thinks Eric has some issues.

ScottR
04-30-2008, 07:13 AM
Roger, Scott, Lisa,

You guys do realize that all of these comments are falling on deaf (or retarded) ears right?!?! Nothing you say is going to change Eric's ways. He loves KV so much that Im sure he'd probably follow the man to the grave. Despite the lack of communication and the failure to deliver on time, Eric is still gonna stand by his man. If he were a kid and KV was his dad, I'd say it was cute. But since they are both grown men, I'd be worried if I were Kevin.

- B <--------- thinks Eric has some issues.
Yeah, I know. But the one I quoted was particularly entertaining/enlightening.

leehayes
04-30-2008, 07:24 AM

I was curious how many posts we'd see before someone said this. This is not only the point of the original post that got on KV's back but an excellent summation of the new post made by Kevin. good job

Roadkill
04-30-2008, 08:27 AM
Edited for content.

kunin35
04-30-2008, 10:00 AM
I recently received a cue from a maker that accepts no orders, no deposits, and quotes no ETA's. He wants the freedom to do what he loves, on his terms, and he has a life. Last year, he decided that he needed a break, as he was just not feeling terribly creative...and announced to those of us with cues in the works, that he was going to go on a 'walkabout' for a while. I was okay with it...I do not want a maker who is feeling a bit depleted creatively to work on my cue anyways...we both may have been disappointed. BTW...the cue was definitely worth the wait! It's stellar. But I KNEW it was going to take a bit longer, because he communicated that to us.

Lisa[/QUOTE]
Sounds like Dieckman, He is a fun person to talk with!!!

ScottR
04-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Sounds like Dieckman, He is a fun person to talk with!!!
"I'll have some more of that brown liquor."

Dawgie
04-30-2008, 10:12 AM
What is amazing is how He and his "buddies" totally disregard doing the right thing and/or any suggestions that relates to doing the right thing. Instead they are in total denial and he just blames everyone else...

Actually he and his buddies are correct. If you hadn't ordered a cue from KV you wouldn't have these prob's, now would you? It's your own fault!:D

wjpjr
04-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Perfection takes time!

The people suggesting that you start building cues without a deposit are living in fantasy land and don't have a clue how the cue making business works. If Kevin started taking orders and building cues without first getting a deposit, it would create a hardship for his business.

My only advice would be to "under promise" and "over deliver". Tell the customer his order will be filled in 12 months, and when he gets the cue in 10 months, he'll be a happy camper.

Keep up the great work and much success to you Kevin!
Humm,
I ordered a cue from Joel Hercek and he didn't ask for a deposit !! :D

JimL
04-30-2008, 10:44 AM
Perfection takes time!

The people suggesting that you start building cues without a deposit are living in fantasy land and don't have a clue how the cue making business works. If Kevin started taking orders and building cues without first getting a deposit, it would create a hardship for his business.

My only advice would be to "under promise" and "over deliver". Tell the customer his order will be filled in 12 months, and when he gets the cue in 10 months, he'll be a happy camper.

I have to strongly disagree with the idea that it's common practice to pay money up front for a custom cue. I have had several customs made for me by some fairly new makers & well established as well. I have never been asked for a deposit and they have actually declined the offer when made.

Matt90
04-30-2008, 11:09 AM
I hate to see all these people bashing Kevin .He makes a great
cue and I have really loved my j/b .I too had to wait a while longer
than expected but when I got my cues I was more than pleased and
it was worth the wait.Theres an older guy back in NC where I am from
that makes and repairs all types of guitars and banjos and such .He has
been doing it all his life and is supposed to be one of the best in the world
at it .If you take him a guitar and he may fix it that day or it may be a
year .He also has a 8-10 year list for the stuff he makes .He has made
and repaired guitars for alot of well know musicians around the world .He's
the type though that if you ask him when it will be done the answer may
be "when it's ready"
This is not to say that Kevin should do that but I understand how tuff it
can be working as a one man band .Also if you want a Varney cue I have
mine up for sale in the forums :D .I hate to part with my j/b but I know
after the smoke clears I can get another one from Kevin and I will be
glad to wait for it.It was good advice one guy gave to under promise
and over deliver.I learned that the hard way in my business .I now tell
people 7-10 days and try to have them there tv back in 2-3 .
Hang in there Kevin :D

kunin35
04-30-2008, 11:41 AM
He does like his spirits :D

rhncue
04-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Perfection takes time!

For 15 years I never took a single dime for a deposit on a cue. For the last 3 years or so I now only build custom, made to a customers specs completely. I now take a 25 or 50.00 deposit just because I have to discount the cue if the buyer backs out as I can't ask a customer to by a cue already made for the same price that I would charge him if I built it completely custom for him.

I have found that often, a cue maker who charges high deposits is doing it because he needs the money to live on and is always trying to get more sales so as to get the deposits. I have found that in most cases, the larger the deposit - the longer it takes to complete the cue, if it ever gets completed. If I still was building cues just for regular sale, I still wouldn't charge a deposit unless it was for something unusual such as a persons name engraved into the cue. Then I would only get the deposit immediately before such engraving and after the purchaser had a chance to inspect the work completed to that point.

As far as "cue makers" time, as some people like to put it, I feel it is a disgrace to the profession. It gives all cue makers a bad name for the few who are so greedy that they over book and lie to their potential customers to get the sale. The minute that a cue maker is described the cue that the potential customer wants built a cue maker should know the day that it will be completed or he is totally inept and should be in another business. The cue maker knows how many other cues that he has to build, already ordered, and how much material he has on hand to complete the job and he certainly should know how many hours he will have invested in the cue as he just gave a price based on that knowledge. What is left? Short of his shop burning down or he falls down the steps and breaks all three arms, there is little room for excuses. An A joint may warp or something similar may happen in a great while so that the cue needs to be start over but if the builder uses proper techniques and good material this should be a very rare occurrence. Also, your semi-recommendation to give longer build time estimates and then getting the job done sooner is the policy that I've used for 40 years. It is always a very rare occurrence for me to be late delivering a cue. They are almost always completed early. If the customer doesn't mind waiting 4 months for a cue to be built then he is elated when it comes in a month ahead of time. I try to keep my customers "elated".

By the way, there has been a long discussion on the "cue builders forum" over this very same issue over Eddie Wheat's practices.

Dick

ScottR
04-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Humm,
I ordered a cue from Joel Hercek and he didn't ask for a deposit !! :D
Now you are just talking crazy, dude . . . . .

TellsItLikeItIs
04-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Theres nothing at all wrong with accepting a reasonable amount of earnest
money as deposit.

What is wrong though, is the recipient mishandling that money.

That money is offered and accepted, trusting that the seller does what he says he will do and that the buyer does likewise.

If you look back on this very forum it's happened many times over that a buyer becomes unhappy for one reason or another and insists on a refund. On many occasion what they get instead is the run around cause the seller doesn't have the money to give back.

That isn't limited to cuemakers by the way.

This current attitude of asking for large deposits or paying 100% up front is bull caca. Thats like turning a young kid loose with a credit card. The money gets spent, the work doesn't go out the door or is late in being done, Peter gets robbed to pay Paul, then somebody gets sore.

poolplayer2093
04-30-2008, 02:40 PM
I have yet to hear anything...

I would like my refund via paypal, please.

i just wanted to bump this up for Rocket. maybe if enough of us keep bumping this quote he can get out of this trap!

JoeyA
04-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Theres nothing at all wrong with accepting a reasonable amount of earnest
money as deposit.

What is wrong though, is the recipient mishandling that money.

That money is offered and accepted, trusting that the seller does what he says he will do and that the buyer does likewise.

If you look back on this very forum it's happened many times over that a buyer becomes unhappy for one reason or another and insists on a refund. On many occasion what they get instead is the run around cause the seller doesn't have the money to give back.

That isn't limited to cuemakers by the way.

This current attitude of asking for large deposits or paying 100% up front is bull caca. Thats like turning a young kid loose with a credit card. The money gets spent, the work doesn't go out the door or is late in being done, Peter gets robbed to pay Paul, then somebody gets sore.

While cue makers have a responsibility to be honest and forthright with production times, it is apparent that more than half of the polled people on this forum have had delivery problems.

What happens if a cuemaker receives a deposit on a CUSTOM cue and the customer finds a "great bargain" next month at the next trade show or he buys one of those expensive slightly, used cues at half the price the cuemakers charge (you know, the stolen ones) and then decides that he doesn't want this expensive custom cue that is being built and still on order.

You can't have the consumer changing his mind (for whatever reason)after you have already started work on the cue AND GIVE HIM HIS DEPOSIT BACK.

I no longer have a need to give my cuemaker a deposit as he has built 3 cues for me and knows that my word is my bond, no matter what the cost of the cue. That understandibly is not true for new customers and it wasn't originally for me, either.

(And just because I am good for the money, it doesn't mean my cue gets produced on
schedule. :-(
Things happen, cues don't always turn out perfect and sometimes have to be re-done or modified.)
JoeyA (not making excuses for cuemakers, I'm just sayin'.)

ericdraven
04-30-2008, 03:01 PM
While cue makers have a responsibility to be honest and forthright with production times, it is apparent that more than half of the polled people on this forum have had delivery problems.

What happens if a cuemaker receives a deposit on a CUSTOM cue and the customer finds a "great bargain" next month at the next trade show or he buys one of those expensive slightly, used cues at half the price the cuemakers charge (you know, the stolen ones) and then decides that he doesn't want this expensive custom cue that is being built and still on order.

You can't have the consumer changing his mind (for whatever reason)after you have already started work on the cue AND GIVE HIM HIS DEPOSIT BACK.

I no longer have a need to give my cuemaker a deposit as he has built 3 cues for me and knows that my word is my bond, no matter what the cost of the cue. That understandibly is not true for new customers and it wasn't originally for me, either.

(And just because I am good for the money, it doesn't mean my cue gets produced on
schedule. :-(
Things happen, cues don't always turn out perfect and sometimes have to be re-done or modified.)

agreed good post . i would do it the same way and i would make it clear that custom work takes custom time lines and if they did not like that idea then i would tell them im not running a check and go refund business im running a custom cue business and to go elsewhere.

Roadkill
04-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Edited for content.

Southpaw
04-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Communication is the key to success in most business especially one that is custom design work. JMO.

Southpaw

ericdraven
04-30-2008, 03:05 PM
It's not like Kevin was holding a gun on any of these guys when he collected their deposit.

There can always be potential delays in cue building, and the worst thing you can do is rush a cuemaker. Proper cue building is a VERY time intensive process and rushing this process is not advisable if you desire a superior product.

We should all be thankful Kevin is taking his time and not just cranking our crap like the chinese sweatshops.

agreed . kinda like do not be an ass to the folks at a drive thru while you are waiting for your food ROFL . and never act ugly to anyone who handles your food . im just saying :D :D

BVal
04-30-2008, 03:06 PM
It's not like Kevin was holding a gun on any of these guys when he collected their deposit.

There can always be potential delays in cue building, and the worst thing you can do is rush a cuemaker. Proper cue building is a VERY time intensive process and rushing this process is not advisable if you desire a superior product.

We should all be thankful Kevin is taking his time and not just cranking out crap like the chinese sweatshops.
Read everything before you post. Communication is the problem. Promises made and not being kept is the problem. Him saying a cue is done and ready to ship and it is two months later and the buyer still doesn't have it is the problem. People paid in full and can't get a simple update of why their cue is 6 months late when it was promised in 90 days is the problem.

BVal

BVal
04-30-2008, 03:08 PM
agreed . kinda like do not be an ass to the folks at a drive thru while you are waiting for your food ROFL . and never act ugly to anyone who handles your food . im just saying :D :D
Did you ever answer my question? The yes or no question I proposed to you.
Would you conduct your business the way Kevin conducts his?
Remember YES or NO is all that needs to be said.

BVal

Roadkill
04-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Edited for content.

BVal
04-30-2008, 03:12 PM
It's sad, but some of the greatest cue builders in the World have poor communication skills. Just ask anyone who has ever dealt with Dennis Searing.
This isn't about Dennis Searing. This is about the actions (or lack of actions) of Kevin Varney.

BVal

UrackmIcrackm
04-30-2008, 03:13 PM
It's sad, but some of the greatest cue builders in the World have poor communication skills. Just ask anyone who has ever dealt with Dennis Searing.

4 posts total and 3 are in this thread with one of those posts trying to direct the talk away from Varney by talking badly about another cuemaker. Am I the only one that can see the forest through the trees?

BVal
04-30-2008, 03:15 PM
4 posts total and 3 are in this thread with one of those posts trying to direct the talk away from Varney by talking badly about another cuemaker. Am I the only one that can see the forest through the trees?
You are not the only one - I smell what you're cookin.
It is all deflection instead of taking responsibility like a man.

BVal

TellsItLikeItIs
04-30-2008, 03:20 PM

I don't know how accurate your "half" is. What I do know though, is there are thousands of cues built that the transaction goes very smooth. The maker does what he says he will as does the buyer. Unfortunately, here we read more about the bad deals.

If he knowingly buys one of "the stolen ones" his butt needs to go to jail just like the thief should. If he changes his mind, he should talk wih the cuemaker. Geez, we're human too. We understand stuff happens. The cue could always be sold and the customer refunded from the proceeds. All this is something that should be agreed upon before the deal is struck. Can you say "Written Agreement" ;)

You can't have the consumer changing his mind (for whatever reason)after you have already started work on the cue AND GIVE HIM HIS DEPOSIT BACK. Agreed.

I no longer have a need to give my cuemaker a deposit as he has built 3 cues for me and knows that my word is my bond, no matter what the cost of the cue. That understandibly is not true for new customers and it wasn't originally for me, either.I have customers just like you. I've worked for them for yers and would not hesitate in building for them based only on a call or email. No deposit required and no $$ limit. Ive also had customers in the past that I wouldn't work for at five times the money. Just like any business relationship, it sometimes needs to be a trusting thing but the trust needs to be well placed

schedule. :-( Possibly not, but if your cue was first in the door it should be first out the door.[/COLOR]
Things happen, cues don't always turn out perfect and sometimes have to be re-done or modified.Yes, things do happen. In cues and in life. Just because thing s happen though, that doesn't mean the communication line needs to be broken. )
Thanks Joey. Good post. Rep to ya.

Roadkill
04-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Edited for content.

TellsItLikeItIs
04-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Ive dealt with the man. I would trust him with my check book full of signed checks and I think he communicates very well. Can you say that about your cuemaker?

ribdoner
04-30-2008, 03:32 PM
A SMALL deposit (refundable, at BUYERS discretion, if builder doesn't perform as agreed) is understandable for CUSTOM/PERSONALIZED cues.

Roadkill
04-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Edited for content.

J$Cincy
04-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Dennis is a great cuemaker but anyone who accuses him of being a great communicator is blowing smoke.

DENNIS IS A GREAT GUY TO TALK TOO. IF HE IS SHORT WITH SOMEONE IT IS USUALLY BECAUSE HE IS BUSY. ALSO I'M SURE EVERYTIME HE ANSWERS THE PHONE IT'S ONE OF THESE STUPID AZZ CUE VENDORS BUSTING HIS BALLZ. I MEAN, I HAVE BEEN TO HIS SHOP AND IF ONE OF THOSE MORONS CATCHES HIM ANSWERING THE PHONE, THEY WILL TIE HIM UP FOR AN HOUR. HOW CAN HE GET SOMETHING DONE. I'M SURE PEOPLE STALK HIM. HOW MANY TIMES CAN HE ANSWER THE QUESTION...." HEY DENNIS, WHEN YOU GET AROUND TO START WORKING ON MY CUE, I WANT......." I'M SURE IT CAN GET QUITE ANNOYING...JS

ericdraven
04-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Dennis is a great cuemaker but anyone who accuses him of being a great communicator is blowing smoke.

hi roadkill . good to see you posting , i thought was a new member but noticed you joined on 07 . and keep speaking your mind and do not bother with the haters. anyway welcome and take care / :D ;)

The King
04-30-2008, 06:07 PM
At least we know he is live and well... And I hope things in his personal life start getting better for him... It seems like life goes through stages like that were all is good then alot of bad things hit you all at one time ... I've always been told bad things come in groups of three ... I hope the worst is over for Mr. Varney and things get better ... It seems he has started posting his cues in the cue gallery as promised... Tine will tell if he can make everyone happy with the workload he must be under....

I have cues in the works with Jeff Eason , Jimmy Lee , Doug Patrick , Joe Baker and Brent Hartman .... Dealing with all of these guys at once has been a pure pleasure... They seem to be doing great work and thier lines of communication are excellent ... I have formed freindships with several of them. Jimmy Lee is just awesome I don't know if there is a nicer guy on this forum. I have given all of them deposits on the cues they are making for me and I have no regrets... I hope when this all over everyone here can say the same thing.

RascalDoc
04-30-2008, 06:16 PM
*tap tap*

RascalDoc
04-30-2008, 06:18 PM
eric you must have missed this post.
he seems to miss a lot ........... IMO ... but, thats just my opinion

jasonlaus
04-30-2008, 07:37 PM
I have six cues at his shop 5 searings & 1 gus have never had an issue contacting him. always answers the phone when i call maybe it's you

Roadkill
04-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Edited for content.

Danktrees
04-30-2008, 07:56 PM
regarding dennis - i dont have any cues at his shop and my cue wont be made by him for quite a while. yet i have no problems communicating with him. i've talked to him several times over email and he always responded within a few hours. he even answered some questions about certain things he did to make the searing twins. im not sure what happened between you and dennis but no one else seems to be having the same problems you have.

ridewiththewind
04-30-2008, 07:59 PM

Dennis does the best he can, given how busy he is, and the hundreds of emails he receives on a constant basis...not to mention the phone calls. I have been told by him that I can contact him via phone anytime, if I like, but that he does not always hear the phone, as he is working. I have also been told that sometimes it takes him a while to respond to his emails, for the same reason...the guy is busy, busy, busy. I have an email out to him now, and I suspect that he will get to it when he can, and I am not stressing over it.

Lastly...since he does not ask for a deposit to get on his list, he actually owes no one, nothing. This gives him the freedom to build cues for whomever he wishes to build cues for...the key word being here: FREEDOM.

Lisa

Rocket354
04-30-2008, 08:23 PM
The hijack appears to have been successful...

Does Dennis tell people he has shipped their cue then not do it an ignore their inquiries for two months, like apparently has happened to someone else? Does he talk down to his customers and act like they're nothing more than petulant children? Does he miss half a dozen or more promised and estimated dates per customer? Does he continue to accept more orders, promising 90 days or less, when he knows that meeting that deadline would be impossible? Does he insist on 100% upfront?

Even if he is hard to reach at times (I don't know; I've never tried) until he does the rest of those things he and Mr. Varney are completely different animals.

Congrats on the successful hijack, though.

ribdoner
04-30-2008, 08:27 PM
The hijack appears to have been successful...

Does Dennis tell people he has shipped their cue then not do it an ignore their inquiries for two months, like apparently has happened to someone else? Does he talk down to his customers and act like they're nothing more than petulant children? Does he miss half a dozen or more promised and estimated dates per customer? Does he continue to accept more orders, promising 90 days or less, when he knows that meeting that deadline would be impossible? Does he insist on 100% upfront?

Even if he is hard to reach at times (I don't know; I've never tried) until he does the rest of those things he and Mr. Varney are completely different animals.

Congrats on the successful hijack, though.

Heard anything????????????????

Rocket354
04-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Heard anything????????????????

Nope. I haven't received a PM from KV in almost 5 weeks, despite making my stance very clear, both privately (at first) and in public (recently).

You'd think he would care enough about his customers to try to make them happy and discuss with them any problems that might arise, but he appears to be the type to just ignore issues and hope they go away. That can only work so long until they blow up in your face, as these threads are proving. Unfortunately, as his recent postings have suggested, he hasn't learned a thing and will keep plowing on with his same M.O., so I guess I should stop expecting responses and try other approaches.

I wonder how many people have heard responses since his recent return, and who has not? Of course, I also wonder how many people are really still reading these trainwreck threads, even KV customers...

edit: or, should I say, "customers"

Fast Lenny
04-30-2008, 09:27 PM
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p157/silver45tip/ThisThreadisHijacked.jpg

ribdoner
04-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Nope. I haven't received a PM from KV in almost 5 weeks, despite making my stance very clear, both privately (at first) and in public (recently).

You'd think he would care enough about his customers to try to make them happy and discuss with them any problems that might arise, but he appears to be the type to just ignore issues and hope they go away. That can only work so long until they blow up in your face, as these threads are proving. Unfortunately, as his recent postings have suggested, he hasn't learned a thing and will keep plowing on with his same M.O., so I guess I should stop expecting responses and try other approaches.

I wonder how many people have heard responses since his recent return, and who has not? Of course, I also wonder how many people are really still reading these trainwreck threads, even KV customers...

Perhaps he's realized what a strong PR move it would be to acquiesce to his customers request in view of current circumstances.

He may be preparing a PAYPAL transfer......

Keep in mind that it's always darkest just before dawn.

powerlineman80
04-30-2008, 10:25 PM

You are not important even though you've paid your money. Not a good way to treat your customers IMO. He's too "busy" working on other cues to let you know your expected date.

If you want a refund you are a dog in his book.

If you ride his jock then you'll get your pm's answered I'm sure.

How did you pay? If it was Paypal or credit card do a damn chargeback or something. There is NO WAY I'd let my cuemaker slide like that unless he told me in advance it would take that long. Arent you one of the guys he promised 90 days to?

Rocket354
05-01-2008, 02:51 AM
You are not important even though you've paid your money. Not a good way to treat your customers IMO. He's too "busy" working on other cues to let you know your expected date.

If you want a refund you are a dog in his book.

If you ride his jock then you'll get your pm's answered I'm sure.

How did you pay? If it was Paypal or credit card do a damn chargeback or something. There is NO WAY I'd let my cuemaker slide like that unless he told me in advance it would take that long. Arent you one of the guys he promised 90 days to?

I paid by paypal. I'll look into seeing if it's not too late to file a claim. I guess I always assumed it was, but now I don't know why I thought that. I mean they have to have a time limit, I assume, or else people could just start requesting money from years ago just because. But I'll check it out.

He did promise me 90 days. I have the PM to prove it. Thankfully, my wait has been shorter than some people who've chimed in--I couldn't imagine sitting by quietly waiting for a year or more. My initial estimated date was early Feb, my initial promised date was early March.

My issue stems from the fact that I wanted a nice J/B cue in time for Nationals coming up in barely more than a week. KV knew this and even promised that I would have it in plenty of time to practice with it before nationals (again, I have the PM to prove this). I don't consider a week to be plenty of time to practice, but hey, people's definitions differ.

I think if a cuemaker says something along the lines of "well, it should be 3-6 months or so; I can't promise anything but I'll try my best" then it takes longer, fine. Hopefully he meets those estimates normally, but shit happens. If a cuemaker says "I'll have it ready to ship 90 days or less" that's a promise, and at the end of that 90th day, the contract is broken and the customer has the right to demand a refund or continue to wait, hopefully with accurate information from the cuemaker. I gave KV some leeway, but now almost two months later with two more estimated dates passed, and no communication, I just want out. I'd like to short-circuit this process before it gets to 8 months or a year or whatever.

edit: just looked it up one has to file a claim with paypal within 45 days of the payment, so I'm out of luck there

Peer
05-01-2008, 04:15 AM
I guess almost most of us must have had family disasters in our lives, (at least I certainly have gone thru my share). Yet, I can not understand why Kevin, who apparently have put himself in some deep yogurt, use family issues as an excuse for not returning the deposits to the people he so obviously has broken a contract with. I don't get it.

To make this matter worse, his "God will allow" post was almost like a copy & paste from what he posted a few months ago... which again resembled yet a previous post of his.

-- peer

Dawgie
05-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottR

He does like his spirits

If true, this answers a lot of questions.

powerlineman80
05-01-2008, 02:03 PM
I paid by paypal. I'll look into seeing if it's not too late to file a claim. I guess I always assumed it was, but now I don't know why I thought that. I mean they have to have a time limit, I assume, or else people could just start requesting money from years ago just because. But I'll check it out.

He did promise me 90 days. I have the PM to prove it. Thankfully, my wait has been shorter than some people who've chimed in--I couldn't imagine sitting by quietly waiting for a year or more. My initial estimated date was early Feb, my initial promised date was early March.

My issue stems from the fact that I wanted a nice J/B cue in time for Nationals coming up in barely more than a week. KV knew this and even promised that I would have it in plenty of time to practice with it before nationals (again, I have the PM to prove this). I don't consider a week to be plenty of time to practice, but hey, people's definitions differ.

I think if a cuemaker says something along the lines of "well, it should be 3-6 months or so; I can't promise anything but I'll try my best" then it takes longer, fine. Hopefully he meets those estimates normally, but shit happens. If a cuemaker says "I'll have it ready to ship 90 days or less" that's a promise, and at the end of that 90th day, the contract is broken and the customer has the right to demand a refund or continue to wait, hopefully with accurate information from the cuemaker. I gave KV some leeway, but now almost two months later with two more estimated dates passed, and no communication, I just want out. I'd like to short-circuit this process before it gets to 8 months or a year or whatever.

edit: just looked it up one has to file a claim with paypal within 45 days of the payment, so I'm out of luck there

Did you pay Paypal with credit card? File a claim with your credit card company (totally different than paypal). Get them on his ass. Its obvious he doesnt plan on contacting all of his customers at this point to update them on their cues. If you have an email or phone number I'd call and flood him until I got my refund. Keep us updated.

poolplayer2093
05-01-2008, 07:02 PM

you think about small claims court?

TATE
05-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Thank you!
Kevin Varney
Varney Custom Cues

Kevin,

When you own and run your own business, especially when the business rides on your reputation, you can't afford to let personal issues, no matter how compelling or tragic, ruin it.

Just remember that taking care of your business means you are taking care of your family and yourself.

You have a lot of people cutting you slack here - so just don't let them down.

Chris

Ps. I have great hope that you'll bang out these cues and all will be well again in Varney-ville!

ericdraven
05-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Kevin,

When you own and run your own business, especially when the business rides on your reputation, you can't afford to let personal issues, no matter how compelling or tragic, ruin it.

Just remember that taking care of your business means you are taking care of your family and yourself.

Chris

Ps. I have faith you'll bang out these cues and all will be well again in Varney-ville!

good post , but unfortunately while some of the folks cutting some slack , you got the other crowd doing what they do worst lol. it is all good in the neighborhood .

hoosier_cues
05-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Obvously there are people on both sides of the fence. There are those that are willing to give KV slack and those that are not. Is anybody wrong for this?

ribdoner
05-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Kevin,

Chris

Ps. I have great hope that you'll bang out these cues and all will be well again in Varney-ville!

VARNEY will survive these turbulent times however ,IMHO, the days of securing significant deposits or prepayment for basically "stock" cues from site members are numbered.

TIME WILL TELL

powerlineman80
05-01-2008, 09:58 PM
VARNEY will survive these turbulent times however ,IMHO, the days of securing significant deposits or prepayment for basically "stock" cues from site members are numbered.

TIME WILL TELL

I agree. I doubt not many would pay him up front anymore. The guy might not be my favorite on the boards right now but I do hope he gets his life in order and can provide quality cues to his customers that have paid. Alot of guys on the boards have legitimate gripes about having to wait months upon months with a promised 90 day or less wait. I'd even give the dude good rep if the customers would get on here and say they got their cue or refunds back. We all have family issues, and health issues and yes they should come first IMO, but all it takes is just a few minutes to tell your waiting list what the deal is. If my cuemaker had a stroke tomorrow I wouldnt expect my cue for a long time and would understand, but I know that he would email or call me and tell me that happend. COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION.

Thunderball
05-01-2008, 10:07 PM

I'd guess that number is zero RD.

I like the guy and he has done some work for me in the past (way back when he pulled repair work outta Mothers).....

I wish him the best and I hope he pulls through,but I wouldn't give him money for promised goods right now,why would anyone?