PDA

View Full Version : I am sooo excited - Its BIG and its coming soon

MikeJanis
04-29-2008, 02:33 PM
I just couldn't help myself. I just agreed to the largest contract in the history of regional tours.

I can not say what it is yet but the press release is being issued this week. I hope AZ's front page is up again soon so everyone can read about it.

Ahhh, thank you. I feel that congratulatory pat on the back already.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :)

Player and business associate members of the Viking Tour are offered many outstanding benefits that separate the Viking Tours from any other tour in the USA and help to secure the future of our sport. These benefits include: Healthcare insurance, Free entry fees for Ladies and Junior players, Discounts to Military, Senior Citizens and Pool League players.

For more information about sponsoring, participating in or hosting Viking Tour events contact the tour at vikingtour2@yahoo.com or call 1-800-200-POOL.
Visit the Viking Tours web page at: http://vikingcue.com/9balltour.htm

The below links/pic is not the announcement.. I'm just plugging the Shirts and Healthcare along with the big news thats coming.

Buy Viking Tour Shirts Here:
**NEW** COLOR T-Shirts /Short or Long Sleeve available from the Viking Tour http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=97036

Read About the Viking Tour New Health Care Program Here:
Viking Billiards Tour Offers Health Insurance http://www.insidepoolmag.com/billiard-tour-news/viking-cues-9-ball-tour/viking-billiards-tour-offers-health-insurance-200804276115.html

BVal
04-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Congratulations.

I think the title could go in the 10 things on AZ that sound dirty but really aren't thread. :)

BVal

juegabillar
04-29-2008, 02:37 PM
I just couldn't help myself. I just agreed to the largest contract in the history of regional tours.

I can not say what it is yet but the press release is being issued this week. I hope AZ's front page is up again soon so everyone can read about it.

Let me be one of the first to congratulate you on your accomplishment.

We need a good network of tours around the U.S for the benefit of all players. It must be a good contract for you to be so excited.

Wishing you the best for years to come....

MikeJanis
04-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Congratulations.

I think the title could go in the 10 things on AZ that sound dirty but really aren't thread. :)

BVal

Thats funny.......

Thanks..

Mj

Southpaw
04-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Congrats MJ....thanks for all of your hard work and dedication.

Southpaw

cubc
04-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Whatever it is I'm glad it has to do with you and the viking tour.

!Smorgass Bored
04-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Congratulations Mike. How will it affect the price of BEER ?
Doug

MikeJanis
04-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Congratulations Mike. How will it affect the price of BEER ?
Doug

Its good news for you Doug. ;)

This means that, now I will be able to afford to buy you a beer at the Viking Tour event coming to Strokers 2 in June.

Jimmy M.
04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
...deleted...

hilla_hilla
04-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Any chance any of your events will hit the west coast? :)

JAM
04-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming news. I am sure we will enjoy reading all about it, once it becomes available. :p

JAM

DeadPoked
04-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Thread title of the year...

MikeJanis
04-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Any chance any of your events will hit the west coast? :)

YEP ! But I need to find 4 rooms for the month of August that want to host the events. I will come out there and run them myself.

BVal
04-29-2008, 03:27 PM
YEP ! But I need to find 4 rooms for the month of August that want to host the events. I will come out there and run them myself.
It's not all the way on the west coast but you could always come to Tempe, Arizona and have it at Kolby's. They just had the Desert Shootout there and it was awesome.

BVal

MikeJanis
04-29-2008, 03:34 PM
It's not all the way on the west coast but you could always come to Tempe, Arizona and have it at Kolby's. They just had the Desert Shootout there and it was awesome.

BVal

I do not think I will be coming to AZ. Basically, AZ has a tour already and I see no need to compete and divide up the players. It wouldn't be good for anyone involved.

That is unless the other tour sent me an invitaion....:rolleyes:

!Smorgass Bored
04-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Its good news for you Doug. ;)

This means that, now I will be able to afford to buy you a beer at the Viking Tour event coming to Strokers 2 in June.

Great !
That will be the perfect time for someone to bring a bag of cash and match up with Donnie Mills (he doesn't like to fly, you know). I like to drink beer while watching me some gambooooooooling.
Doug
( and I will likewise buy YOU a beer........the new bartenders & waitresses are NICE )

BVal
04-29-2008, 03:47 PM
I do not think I will be coming to AZ. Basically, AZ has a tour already and I see no need to compete and divide up the players. It wouldn't be good for anyone involved.

That is unless the other tour sent me an invitaion....:rolleyes:
Obviously it wouldn't be on the same weekend or anything. I understand what you are saying though.

BVal

P.S. We didn't want you hear anyways :D:D:D:D:D (of course I am kidding)

MikeJanis
04-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Obviously it wouldn't be on the same weekend or anything. I understand what you are saying though.

BVal

P.S. We didn't want you hear anyways :D:D:D:D:D (of course I am kidding)

Do you still have my pullover from Jimbo's RSB Event?

Derek
04-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Colorado. I have a table in my house. It might make the tournament long though.

The Cue Club or Match-Up's or Rack 'Em Billiards might be some places to hold a tourney.

MikeJanis
04-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Thread title of the year...

Yeah, pretty cool huh ? I wish I would have put a little more thought into the title before I posted it.:o

MikeJanis
04-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Colorado. I have a table in my house. It might make the tournament long though.

The Cue Club or Match-Up's or Rack 'Em Billiards might be some places to hold a tourney.

Right now with the new contract in place I can just about go anywhere in the US to hold Viking Tour events. The only thing holding me back is the gas prices. Because of this reason I need a minimum of 3 events in a row in any area to go across the US to run tournaments.

If you know of 3 or 4 rooms in your region that might be interested please have them contact me.

For more information about sponsoring, participating in or hosting Viking Tour events contact the tour at vikingtour2@yahoo.com or call 1-800-200-POOL .

BVal
04-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Do you still have my pullover from Jimbo's RSB Event?
I am not sure if I know what you mean.

BVal

MikeJanis
04-29-2008, 04:00 PM
I am not sure if I know what you mean.

BVal

Were you at JimboCT's RSB event with the Ring Game and Hold'em in CT ?

BVal
04-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Were you at JimboCT's RSB event with the Ring Game and Hold'em in CT ?
Well that explains why I didn't understand what you were saying :) You have me confused with someone else. :)
On a serious note. I am really happy for your contract. I think it is awesome what you have going on and what you do for the sport/game of pool.

BVal

MikeJanis
04-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Well that explains why I didn't understand what you were saying :) You have me confused with someone else. :)
On a serious note. I am really happy for your contract. I think it is awesome what you have going on and what you do for the sport/game of pool.

BVal

Sorry and Thanks.

I must be getting old. The mind/memory is the 1st thing to go.

PoolBum
04-29-2008, 04:10 PM
I think this belongs in the "adult" section.

MikeJanis
04-29-2008, 04:32 PM
I think this belongs in the "adult" section.

Yep, it reminds me of mx ex's favorit Movie (The Big Red One - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080437/) and her favorite Album (The Coming - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Coming).

Now enough with the perverted title comments. Jeesh, I swear you guys spend way to much time on the adult sites.

Dagwoodz
04-29-2008, 04:59 PM
it was YOUR title Mike...lol

Prince
04-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Mike,

I don't believe I have ever met you, however, I see the good things you are doing for pool. Jimmy Mendoza and I run the AZ Desert Classic Tour, similar to the one that Mike Howerton used to run here in Arizona.

Just wanted to let you know that we would welcome any event you hosted out West (God knows we need some more pool in Arizona). Maybe Jimmy and I could pick your brain sometime about being successful at this tour business. We are just starting out and learning as we go. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have your number if you don't mind me calling you sometime. Maybe we can all work something out to promote the pool scene in Arizona. Jimmmy and I are both dedicated players and we are starting to realize the amount of work it takes to run a successful tour. Not to mention, it is non profit right now and we both work 50 + hours a week.

Anyway, congrats on your new deal. Sounds like it will be great!

Will you be in Vegas for BCA?

Dennis Orender

MikeJanis
04-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Mike,

I don't believe I have ever met you, however, I see the good things you are doing for pool. Jimmy Mendoza and I run the AZ Desert Classic Tour, similar to the one that Mike Howerton used to run here in Arizona.

Just wanted to let you know that we would welcome any event you hosted out West (God knows we need some more pool in Arizona). Maybe Jimmy and I could pick your brain sometime about being successful at this tour business. We are just starting out and learning as we go. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have your number if you don't mind me calling you sometime. Maybe we can all work something out to promote the pool scene in Arizona. Jimmmy and I are both dedicated players and we are starting to realize the amount of work it takes to run a successful tour. Not to mention, it is non profit right now and we both work 50 + hours a week.

Anyway, congrats on your new deal. Sounds like it will be great!

Will you be in Vegas for BCA?

Dennis Orender

Dennis thanks for the good words. I also hear good things about the Desert Classic Tour as well. I wish you and Jimmy much success in the future with your events.

Thanks for the invite. I hope to take you up on it, SOON !

Unfortunately I can't make Vegas. I have events in OK, SC and OH during the BCA's events.

MikeJanis
04-29-2008, 08:54 PM

BVal

I hear Kolby's is a great room. Are there any other rooms that you think might be interested ?

pooltableproCP
04-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Whew!.....for a minute there I though you were announcing a new tourney director Mike:eek: :eek:

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa112/pooltablepro/ronjeremy.jpg

BVal
04-29-2008, 10:37 PM
I hear Kolby's is a great room. Are there any other rooms that you think might be interested ? Metro Sports Bar would probably be interested. 9 valley barboxes and 10 9 foot gold crowns.

memikey
04-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Congratulations Mike. Great to see good news in these difficult times.

RunoutalloverU
04-29-2008, 11:16 PM

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigCat
04-29-2008, 11:40 PM
I hear Kolby's is a great room. Are there any other rooms that you think might be interested ?

Your best bet for rooms, assuming you would want the tourney on 9 foots, would be:

Kolby's (Tempe, AZ) - Just hosted a monster UPA Pro event won by Johnny Archer
Main Street Billiards (Mesa, AZ) - Plenty of 9 foot tables and a real nice owner and manager
Metro (Phoenix, AZ) - Has 9 foot tables, but they play pretty fast.
Clicks (Phoenix, AZ) - They have 9 foots, but they are currently not active in hosting local or regional tournaments (I think just some small weeklys)

Somebody correct me if I left one out. For people who don't live in Arizona, all these pool halls are in the Phoenix metro area. Phoenix just has a lot surrounding suburb cities like Los Angeles.

Ray

hilla_hilla
04-29-2008, 11:46 PM
When I ask about the west coast I'm hoping Southern California? I wouldn't mind northern Cal, San Francisco either.

1-pocket-player
04-30-2008, 12:31 AM
I hope you have a tournament in Denver. I would definitely attend...

Colorado Cue Club sounds like a good idea-

http://www.coloradocueclub.net/

You could try to have one in Utah but the 9' table pool scene here seems like it's kinda weak right now.:(

Backstreet's Billiards in Boise, ID might not be a bad choice either...

-Andy

Cuephoric
04-30-2008, 01:39 AM
SoCal has all the action these days! lol
With no Jamboree this year at Hardtimes, we need something in NorCal...

1-pocket-player
04-30-2008, 01:51 AM
SoCal has all the action these days! lol
With no Jamboree this year at Hardtimes, we need something in NorCal...
No Jamboree? Bummer...:(

Naturally, they decide not to have it the one year I am thinking of going.:(

-Andy

MikeJanis
04-30-2008, 09:02 AM
When I ask about the west coast I'm hoping Southern California? I wouldn't mind northern Cal, San Francisco either.

Maybe I could do 2 in SoCal and 2 in AZ.

hilla, what rooms do you recommend in SoCal ?

corvette1340
04-30-2008, 09:09 AM

Player and business associate members of the Viking Tour are offered many outstanding benefits that separate the Viking Tours from any other tour in the USA and help to secure the future of our sport. These benefits include: Healthcare insurance, Free entry fees for Ladies and Junior players, Discounts to Military, Senior Citizens and Pool League players.

For more information about sponsoring, participating in or hosting Viking Tour events contact the tour at vikingtour2@yahoo.com or call 1-800-200-POOL.

The below links/pic is not the announcement.. I'm just plugging the Shirts and Healthcare along with the big news thats coming.

Buy Viking Tour Shirts Here:
**NEW** COLOR T-Shirts /Short or Long Sleeve available from the Viking Tour http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=97036

Read About the Viking Tour New Health Care Program Here:
Viking Billiards Tour Offers Health Insurance http://www.insidepoolmag.com/billiard-tour-news/viking-cues-9-ball-tour/viking-billiards-tour-offers-health-insurance-200804276115.html

I am sooo excited - Its BIG and its coming soon

That's what she said!

MikeJanis
04-30-2008, 09:11 AM
I am sooo excited - Its BIG and its coming soon

That's what she said!

Pheww, when I saw corvette had posted I thought "Oh My God" what picture did he conjure up now ?....... Lucky for us it was only words.

MikeJanis
04-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Thank you for all the nice posts, PM's and emails. I just want everyone to know that the PR announcement is ready but I am waiting for AZ's front page to get back up before I send out the release.

Thanks,

Mj

MikeJanis
05-01-2008, 02:42 PM
I just sent the PR to all Magazines and Web Sites. Please look for it at your favorite site or in the coming issues of all billiard relating magazines and on Google News.

I know some of you are just as excited as I am so here is the headline:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

May 1st, 2008

Re: Viking Tour Receives $1,000,000 Contract

email: vikingtour2@yahoo.com
ph: 1-800-200-POOL (7665)