PDA

View Full Version : cant shoot in contacts?

scottycoyote
04-29-2008, 09:28 PM
weirdddddd

I have always worn contacts and glasses, usually contacts when it aint allergy season, glasses when it is. I have worn glasses nonstop last year or 2, got some daily disposable contacts and started wearing them and holy crap, i cant hit a shot. My cue stick looks crooked to me when im down in my stance and taking practice strokes, i reckon im not seeing things like i did. Anybody else had this happen? I used to shoot my best in contacts......now it seems to have reversed.

i wonder if over time my mind would retrain to see things the right way?

hilla_hilla
04-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Did you get a new prescription, switch contact brands or something?

Two years ago my optometrist gave me a super strong prescription for my contacts that made all the balls look like grape fruits. Last year I went to a differerent optometrist who lowered my prescription and I felt like I was shooting at golf balls again. I think I need to go back to the first optomestrist:D .

Aristo
04-29-2008, 09:37 PM
i shoot all the time in contacts, i tried once with glasses, but they kept falling off the bridge of my nose making all the balls blurry every time i leaned down to view the shot. Ever since then, i was a contacts guy. Maybe its just my glasses though, seems like its time for a new pair.

scottycoyote
04-29-2008, 10:07 PM
well my prescrip did change.....im 40 now and my eyes are changing....but i can see the same in glasses as contacts, its weird

bagofpaper
04-29-2008, 10:32 PM
just keep wearing them... I'm sure you'll get used to them.

I've always worn contacts since I started playing pool. But, I played baseball when I was younger with glasses for a long time period (8-14 years old) then switched to contact lenses (14-18 years old) and it took me awhile to adjust while hitting. Maybe a couple of weeks of practicing everyday. Things just "look" different. The best thing about contacts is your peripheral vision is so much better. At least that's what I noticed while on the baseball field.

The only problem I have with contacts these days is when they get dry or its smokey etc. Then again I never take them out so it's probably my own fault..

Good luck!

Jude Rosenstock
04-29-2008, 10:43 PM
bagofpaper is right. You simply need to allow your brain to make the adjustment. I feel the exact same way every time I switch to my glasses. In fact, I just had to go the last two days without contacts and I constantly felt like I was going to fall flat on my face.