PDA

View Full Version : Update on My Trip to NY

Fast Lenny
04-30-2008, 01:04 AM
Well i just got back tonight from being in NY for 3 weeks and what a 3 weeks it was full of emotion.As some of you know i havent been posting much because of it and also i lost my mentor,best friend and the only father figure i have ever had.I planned on seeing him a week after we spoke,but then he passed and i had to leave a week early for his funeral.I kept thinking while i was there that i would give anything to play one more game of pool with him,some heads up poker,or just go out for a bite to eat.He sounded great when i spoke to him that Friday but he passed in his sleep on Sunday,I guess its better to go that way.I love you Joe.

I also had to attend another funeral a week to the day of Joes,it was a good buddy of mine from when i was into cars,going to shows and drag racing.He was 31 and cancer got him,he battled hard and suffered long,im glad God took him from that pain.Rip Louie.

I was planning to go out to NY for a trip to see family and friends like Joe and Louie,also my friends wedding too,but sometimes life throws you a curve ball or smacks you in the head with a fast ball.So i have had alot of emotions the past few weeks,the depression and sadness of loss,happiness to see my friends and family and going to one of my best friends wedding,boy he needed an angel to marry his ass. :D

I did get to stop in my old home room that i enjoyed playing at in Newburgh NY....Gallery Billiards.I went to play their tourney on Thursdays which is a good one but unfortunately they were in their final week but it was good to see some of the guys i used to play with and see a room in action.The tourney had a good payout with i believe $1500 or more going to first place,if Dave is lurking maybe he can chime in with the correct amount.For a small room they get a good field with good competition and their is always action to be had.I was happy to see my game improved and when i played with 2 guys i used to play even with and we played a king of the hill 3 way racing to 6 games and i wont both sessions 6-0-0 and 6-4-2 it was then i realized i was right about coming to AZ and in the past 8 months coming up a ball or so. :D

I also got to go to my friend Gil Blacks new room in Middletown NY and was happy to see him and hear the stories he tells me about being on the road or players he knew and saw in his days such as Jersey Red,Bugs Rucker,Crane and Cisero along with lots of others.
I like that he is from the old school and laughs at the newbie player who has to have the Predator shaft and a $30 tip on his cue,he told me Mike Eufemia ran 625 balls with a Le Pro tip so he isnt much for gimmicks.Its nice to see a guy who at his age,he must be nearly 80 years old still playing one pocket with good players,open player speed.It felt good to show him the improvements in my game when a player who came in that i used to play even with 2 years ago and had beat his son gambling the previous night matched up with me and i drilled him about 8-9 racks of 8 ball. :D

I got to show off my Joe Baker cue to the players in NY who have never heard of him,they all raved at the hit,some liked the cue having no collars like a sneaky and others werent so keen but they all agreed it was a player.I had 3 guys trying to buy it for more then double what i paid but it plays too good to sell it and i really need to stop changing cues and get comfortable with just one. :cool:

I just figured i would ramble alittle since i havent been posting in a few weeks and some people have PMed me or repped me and asked how i was doing and i appreciate the community of great people and support on here,its wonderful aside from some of the drama. :p
I thank you all who gave me your regards and well wishes in a tough time and its good to be back on here,the past 3 weeks have changed me somewhat,i can say that for certain. ;)

Josh Palmer
04-30-2008, 01:16 AM
You have my respect Lenny.. Sorry I didn't catch up with you when I was out in Phoenix. Next time...:cool:

JAM
04-30-2008, 03:02 AM
Thanks for the update! :)

So sorry you had to return back East to attend the funeral of your good friends. Hopefully, as time moves on, you will smile and remember the good times when you think of them. Losing a loved one is not easy, even at my age.

Looks like you got back just in time for the IPT match. I fell asleep before it started and missed it! :o

Good to see you back!

JAM

BVal
04-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Glad you are back Lenny.

BVal

DeadPoked
04-30-2008, 10:09 AM
It's good to have you back Lenny. Your contributions to the board were missed. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It looks like you handled the situation as best it could be handled and came out of it having learned something.

Fast Lenny
04-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks and yes I have handled it very well,my friend Joe was 61 and had some health issues with his heart and also was a diabetic,he was still young IMO and very lively.My friend Louie being only 31 had cancer,and cancer is absolutely horrible to have,I myself was very fortunate to catch it early.I am holding onto the good times we had,i normally would be very depressed and beat myself up but i guess im getting older and have been down this road many times before,i guess it all toughens you up. :cool:

gotgame
04-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Good post Leeny. Sorry to hear about the bad luck you ran into on the way life throws a curvball at the most unapropriate times my prayers go out to you and your family. On a side note glad to hear your game has improved:)

Fast Lenny
04-30-2008, 11:29 PM
You have my respect Lenny.. Sorry I didn't catch up with you when I was out in Phoenix. Next time...:cool:
When you get here i look forward to meeting you. :)

Fast Lenny
04-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the update! :)

So sorry you had to return back East to attend the funeral of your good friends. Hopefully, as time moves on, you will smile and remember the good times when you think of them. Losing a loved one is not easy, even at my age.

Looks like you got back just in time for the IPT match. I fell asleep before it started and missed it! :o

Good to see you back!

JAM
Thanks JAM,I did get back almost in time,i arrived here in AZ at 930 pm Eastern so i didnt get to watch the Ortmann and Schmidt match and i dont see it being rebroadcast unfortunately,i did catch some of the Murphy and Reyes match but it was dissapointing to me. :cool:

Fast Lenny
04-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Glad you are back Lenny.

BVal
Hey thats one cute dog Brady,keep him away from your cue and case,looks like a dog that likes to chew stuff up. :p
So have you been at Kolbys on Sunday?Would like to see you there so we can hang out again. :)

Fast Lenny
04-30-2008, 11:34 PM
It's good to have you back Lenny. Your contributions to the board were missed. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It looks like you handled the situation as best it could be handled and came out of it having learned something.
No problem DeadPoked,i am an open book for the most part and dont mind letting out my feelings especially about a guy who taught me so much in such alittle amount of time.

Fast Lenny
04-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Good post Leeny. Sorry to hear about the bad luck you ran into on the way life throws a curvball at the most unapropriate times my prayers go out to you and your family. On a side note glad to hear your game has improved:)
Yes i am happy to have been able to see the improvement by playing some guys from the past,best way to guage how much you have came up.Im sure Joe was up smiling at me as i drilled that one guy playing 8 ball,he had a special disdain for the guy. :D