PDA

View Full Version : Lets get some ACTION Going...lots of TAR matches upcoming!

uwate
04-30-2008, 07:33 AM
TAR has alot of action matches slated for the next few weeks.

First up is Danny Harriman v John Schmidt. (May 2,3,4th)
I make this game a pickem with Danny being the dog in 14.1, favored in 1p by a hair and a tossup in 10ball.

Second up is Frost v Appleton (may 8-10)
This one I am unsure about. Originally I thought Daz was the favorite, now i'm not so sure. maybe others can suggest a line, but I make it a pickem right now.

Lastly Shane is playing Alex (May 11-13)
I make this one a pickem as well.

Right now I am willing to take Danny, Shane and Frost. Of the three matches, the window is open with SVB, cracked a bit open with Danny and mostly closed with Frost.

Anyone looking to do something PM me.

uwate
04-30-2008, 08:21 AM
who likes Alex and JS?
lets do a must win both deal...

watchez
04-30-2008, 08:27 AM
I will take Appleton & Alex. Not a must win both deal, but bet what you feel comfortable on each.

uwate
04-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Can i bet more on one than the other?

sydbarret
04-30-2008, 09:45 AM
I will take shane and JS.

iba7467
04-30-2008, 10:08 AM
I'll take Schmidt, Appleton, and Alex for a tri-fecta. Anyone want to lay me some odds for all three to win?

uwate
04-30-2008, 10:16 AM
nm i decided i dont like it on the trifecta odds

Ktown D
04-30-2008, 10:17 AM
David,

I will do 50 or 100 on each set. I will take Alex and Darren.

AHhhh...heck with it, I will take Schmidt too but only for 25 to cover the cost of the show.

uwate
04-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Ktown I pmd you.

Sydbarret....ill do something with you on JS/DH. PM me on that. I also like SVB so nothing there but you might get others on here to do something. I can vouch for you that your action is good. You payoff via check though...you really need to get paypal man.

Southpaw
04-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Ill take Harriman, Appleton and Pagulyan...let me know.

Southpaw

jamesroberts
04-30-2008, 10:37 AM
ill take schmidt and alex

uwate
04-30-2008, 10:40 AM
James i pmd you.

Ktown D
04-30-2008, 11:09 AM
I am still open for a little sumfin sumfin...........

How's about: I will take Frost and/or CubC to win for a small amount. I'm not crazy about either but it'll give me a reason to watch.

uwate
04-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Id like to see chicken wing play some with that "not so good" 14 year old. That would make me empty out...

derekdisco
04-30-2008, 11:31 AM
Ill take Danny, Darren, and Shane if anyone wants to deal :cool:

derekdisco
04-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Id like to see chicken wing play some with that "not so good" 14 year old. That would make me empty out...

Im pretty sure they'll both be in vegas :)

uwate
04-30-2008, 12:33 PM
still looking for action on Shane/Alex and Danny/JS....

corvette1340
04-30-2008, 12:37 PM
I'll take John and Darren if anyone wants a little action. The other match Im not sure who I like but I'll do something on it too.

Celtic
04-30-2008, 12:39 PM
still looking for action on Shane/Alex and Danny/JS....

If you are going to be there in person I will meet you there and take a bet on Alex and Danny to win. Maybe $50 on each. I would rather do the bet in person so if you are up for it we can meet down there and make the deal. Let me know.

I will also put some $$$ on Darren down there if anyone wants to bet on that one as well.

uwate
04-30-2008, 01:32 PM
not going to be there in person. i wish....

Corvette..ima gonna pm you...

mac1972
04-30-2008, 01:51 PM
ill take mike sigel against anyone if he gets matched up

sydbarret
04-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Ktown I pmd you.

Sydbarret....ill do something with you on JS/DH. PM me on that. I also like SVB so nothing there but you might get others on here to do something. I can vouch for you that your action is good. You payoff via check though...you really need to get paypal man.

Ok cool and thx for that... paypal I had an issue with them and did not want to use them but yea maybe I will look into it again.

poolfire
04-30-2008, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=uwate]TAR has alot of action matches slated for the next few weeks.

with Danny being the dog in 14.1,

Wow, dog maybe a little strong dont you think...

Salamander
04-30-2008, 02:00 PM
I have $150 via paypal that I would like to put in action.

$50 on Schmidt

and/or

$50 on Appleton

and/or

$50 on pagulyan

Reply to this post if you want any or all of the above. I'll confirm the bet on this thread

Regards,

Doug

uwate
04-30-2008, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=uwate]TAR has alot of action matches slated for the next few weeks.

with Danny being the dog in 14.1,

Wow, dog maybe a little strong dont you think...

as in underdog...

Celtic
04-30-2008, 02:12 PM
ill take mike sigel against anyone if he gets matched up

I want to see that. How about Sigel vs Schmidt in a first to 500 Straight Pool match on a Diamond Pro-Am.

I cannot imagine a more interesting match, the younger supposed best straight pool player in the USA (and maybe world) against the guy who was the clear best straight pool player when he quit.

Not sure if you could find the backers for Schmidt but if enough money was upped on his end you could probably get Sigel interested enough to do it. I would guess you would need at least $50,000 to get Sigel to actually do it but the PPV should be decent for a match like that. I know I would pay $20 to watch that stream.

Salamander
04-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Uwate,

Sounds like we have action on Schmidt/Harriman, and SVB/Alex?

I have Schmidt and Alex .

Please confirm and it's a bet!

Regards,

Doug

uwate
04-30-2008, 02:18 PM
u got action Doug.

Salamander
04-30-2008, 02:23 PM
u got action Doug.

Confirmed! Best of luck. If I lose, please notify me by PM, for immediate payment in case I lose track of the matches.

Regards,

Doug

Salamander
04-30-2008, 02:27 PM
I have a $50 bet remaining on Appleton if anyone wants it? I'll be away from the computer for a few hours but will confirm on this thread when I get back.

Regards,

Doug

DeadPoked
04-30-2008, 02:31 PM
I want to see that. How about Sigel vs Schmidt in a first to 500 Straight Pool match on a Diamond Pro-Am.

I cannot imagine a more interesting match, the younger supposed best straight pool player in the USA (and maybe world) against the guy who was the clear best straight pool player when he quit.

Not sure if you could find the backers for Schmidt but if enough money was upped on his end you could probably get Sigel interested enough to do it. I would guess you would need at least $50,000 to get Sigel to actually do it but the PPV should be decent for a match like that. I know I would pay $20 to watch that stream.

Did you seriously just say that John Schmidt would have trouble finding backers to play Mike Segel. That's laughable. And I doubt that Mike Segel would need at least 50K posted to play John. I would venture to guess that Mike Segel would have a lot of trouble finding enough backers to put up 50K against John Schmidt.

uwate
04-30-2008, 02:44 PM
agreed...pool players do not age well, except in maybe 1p. It seems like in any game which requires alot of ball running the older players get weaker with age. Its been quite some time since Sigel did anything in 14.1. I would think he could get played. Sigel might not want to play bc he might be concerned of getting his ass handed to him by someone like Schmidt. I would happily be part of the corporation getting the 50k up. I would not be so happy to do the same for Sigel.

Celtic
04-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Did you seriously just say that John Schmidt would have trouble finding backers to play Mike Segel. That's laughable. And I doubt that Mike Segel would need at least 50K posted to play John. I would venture to guess that Mike Segel would have a lot of trouble finding enough backers to put up 50K against John Schmidt.

If you say so, there is no reason this match does not have to take place with TAR in that case because I am pretty sure Sigel has the backing and as you say Schmidt should have no problem finding it. As for the amount, Sigel quit pool because of the payouts, he has a lifetime exemption for entries into the US Open 9-ball and never bothers to show up or play. You actually DO need some serious cash to get him to play.

If they play for $50k on a diamond pro-am in a race to 500 points my money is going on Sigel.

uwate
04-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Sigel is 56 years old. You have to factor in age. Past 50 it really is downhill. Look at Efren...he is 54 and is clearly showing signs of age impairing his ability. He is no where near as dominant as he was 10 years ago and he has been playing in high level competition the whole time Sigel has been sitting on his laurels fishing and making cues. Make no mistake, that time off is DEADLY for older players.

Playing at the US Open still takes dough to travel and stay at the Open. Plus he may be working his cues business and there is the factor of lost wages there. To conclude that he doesnt play because he doesnt need the money is suspect since he doesnt appear to have any problems whoring out the IPT to everyone for $.

What makes you think Sigel would have no problem getting someone to stake him for $50k?

Oh and BTW.....I STILL LIKE SVB. IF ANYONE LIKES ALEX PM ME

hkwong
04-30-2008, 05:46 PM
uwate check ur pms please. i got references too if you need them

UrackmIcrackm
04-30-2008, 05:59 PM
Not sure if you could find the backers for Schmidt but if enough money was upped on his end you could probably get Sigel interested enough to do it.
Last night KT mentioned that John & Mike have played 14.1 and that John Schmidt won. Mike talks so much about how great he is and he knows more than anyone that he should limit his talk to how great he was. Because of this, I think you would have a much more difficult time getting Mike in the box. His pool game can't back up his mouth and getting in the box with a true competitor would prove it. It's one thing to hype up a match against a female that's out of stroke... it's another thing to woof up action with an instroke, 20 yrs younger, champion.

cad1illac
04-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Last night KT mentioned that John & Mike have played 14.1 and that John Schmidt won. Mike talks so much about how great he is and he knows more than anyone that he should limit his talk to how great he was. Because of this, I think you would have a much more difficult time getting Mike in the box. His pool game can't back up his mouth and getting in the box with a true competitor would prove it. It's one thing to hype up a match against a female that's out of stroke... it's another thing to woof up action with an instroke, 20 yrs younger, champion.

What did Sigel do in the IPT ? The answer.....................nothing!!!!!!! He didn't even look good against Jones. As to why he doesn't play at the open............he'd get killed and theres plenty of cash there. I think Sigel would have a tough time getting 50k togethere unless it was from a friend (KT) not a real set of backers. Mike needs money like everyone else. He would probably do the deal for far less than that.

yobagua
04-30-2008, 10:30 PM
OK Derek
Ill take John Schmidt to take the title and Ill take Alex. PM me. I will also consider sweat bets with guys Ive bet with before.

Iba
RoyS
Uwate
Deadpoked
Ktown D
Jay Helfert
etc.

Ill also bet on the Reyes/Frost matchup. I want Efren but dont like it that this Frosts backyard so I cant give up anything.

Luxury
04-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Alright Fast Lenny let's bet again. You've got Shmidt for $20 and you've got Frost for $20 Payment via money order after the second match is over. So one of us will win $40 or we will break even. This bet is not on until you post a response on this thread.

Good luck my friend

Fast Lenny
04-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Alright Fast Lenny let's bet again. You've got Shmidt for $20 and you've got Frost for $20 Payment via money order after the second match is over. So one of us will win $40 or we will break even. This bet is not on until you post a response on this thread.

Good luck my friend
OK sounds like a bet to me,same deal as last time,MO within one week of match.Thanks for the action.Maybe this time i will finally book a winner,im like 0% for online wagering on pool matches. :D

Luxury
04-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Alright payable within a week of the second match Fast Lenny. I have a feeling you will book a winner but the thing is you will have to book 2 winners to get a payday.

Good luck my friend

Fast Lenny
04-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Alright payable within a week of the second match Fast Lenny. I have a feeling you will book a winner but the thing is you will have to book 2 winners to get a payday.

Good luck my friend
Thanks and i will need it and yeah i like that both of your picks have to win or you break even,all or nothing. ;)

uwate
05-01-2008, 12:37 PM
yobagua you still looking to get down?

uwate
05-01-2008, 12:47 PM
still looking for action....

i like Danny and SVB.

yobagua
05-01-2008, 03:04 PM
we got a bet!

uwate
05-01-2008, 03:08 PM
action action action

still looking to get down on DH and SVB

PM me if you want to do something..............

mac1972
05-02-2008, 09:21 AM
somebody fire at this guy i guess he hasnt had enough...id like to sweat a bet on the dh / js match for the ppv entry...

xianmacx
05-02-2008, 10:12 AM
PM sent uwate

uwate
05-02-2008, 10:42 AM
all done with dh/js and sf/da.

still looking for action on SVB v Alex.....

iba7467
05-16-2008, 07:14 AM
I'll take Schmidt, Appleton, and Alex for a tri-fecta. Anyone want to lay me some odds for all three to win?

BTW, I would have won. I also picked Alex to win the World Pool Masters. Good weekend full of picks. Tanner Pruess may have the vCash, but I believe I'm working on the AZB Master Handicapper title.

corvette1340
05-16-2008, 07:29 AM
BTW, I would have won. I also picked Alex to win the World Pool Masters. Good weekend full of picks. Tanner Pruess may have the vCash, but I believe I'm working on the AZB Master Handicapper title.

Masterly Handicapped you are Iba. :D