PDA

View Full Version : Water buffalo joints and ferrules, anybody using them?

jimmycue
04-30-2008, 07:44 AM
I had Mike Pancerny do a titlist conversion for me and we put on a flat faced water buffalo joint. I enjoy the hit of the cue and was wondering if other people are using buffalo joints and also how buffalo would be for ferrules? Also the cue turned out WAY beyond my expectations thanks Mike. Here is a thread to my cue with buffalo joint,http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=58153
Jimmy K

kaduku
04-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Paul Dayton uses em.

QMAKER
04-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Hi: I use black water buffalo all the time for joint sleeves (butt & shaft)
trim rings and butt caps. Usually, I recommend black phenolic for the ferrule,
if black is requested. I have used water buffalo ferrules but I feel the hit is a little crisper with the phenolic.

Bob Flynn
denalicues.com
International Cuemakers Assoc.

jimmycue
04-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi: I use black water buffalo all the time for joint sleeves (butt & shaft)
trim rings and butt caps. Usually, I recommend black phenolic for the ferrule,
if black is requested. I have used water buffalo ferrules but I feel the hit is a little crisper with the phenolic.

Bob Flynn
denalicues.com
International Cuemakers Assoc.

Hi Bob
Never thought of using them for joint sleeves. I think the next cue i do will have more water buffalo in it.
Thanks

Hunter
04-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Bob is currently making me a merry widow with an Afzelia burl body and a black palm handle. It will have water buffalo rings, joint, and buttcap. Bob is going to put a double black phenolic ferrule on (see above comment), but all the rest of the black will be buff horn. Should be ready shortly and I'll post pics when it hits the door. Bob does a great job, and I'm looking forward to taking it out for a spin!

Steve