PDA

View Full Version : One Hole Challange Frost v/s Reyes at Kolby's in Tempe, AZ this weekend

CocoboloCowboy
04-30-2008, 08:36 AM
Who do you think will win this race to 8, and why?

uwate
04-30-2008, 08:40 AM
cmon thats easy. efren will win bc hes the best 1p player on planet earth.

CocoboloCowboy
04-30-2008, 08:44 AM
cmon thats easy. efren will win bc hes the best 1p player on planet earth.

http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/popcorn1.gif

Did not Scott win the 1 Hole at DCC, a year Efrin was there also.

Roadkill
04-30-2008, 08:47 AM
Is Scott getting a spot? If not, Efren wins easily considering that he's the greatest one pocket player in history.

uwate
04-30-2008, 08:51 AM
no Frost did not win the 1p event when efren was there. 2008 was the first year Efren entered a DCC 1p event and didnt win it. Gabe won it in 2008.

Black-Balled
04-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Jeezis! What rock has Bruce been under?

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=97183

CocoboloCowboy
04-30-2008, 07:00 PM
no Frost did not win the 1p event when efren was there. 2008 was the first year Efren entered a DCC 1p event and didnt win it. Gabe won it in 2008.

Thanks for the info.

Fast Lenny
04-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Scott is the number 2 guy in the world in one pocket so to say he doesnt have a chance is ridiculous,even if he beats Efren people will say Efren was off or whatever.Its kinda like that Fast Eddie saying,"Im the best there is,the best you ever seen,even if you beat me Im still the best.",if Efren said that to Scott it would be classic. :D

Roadkill
04-30-2008, 07:11 PM
Scott is the number 2 guy in the world in one pocket

This is news to me.....but I've been out of the loop for a couple of years.

Icon of Sin
04-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Is Scott getting a spot? If not, Efren wins easily considering that he's the greatest one pocket player in history.
Until recently, people said the same thing with him and 9-ball. I think this match will be about even. If it wasn't I don't think Frost would have agreed to it.

Roadkill
04-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Until recently, people said the same thing with him and 9-ball. I think this match will be about even. If it wasn't I don't think Frost would have agreed to it.

If anyone wants to take Scott, I'll take Efren for a few $$$$.

Ktown D
04-30-2008, 08:02 PM
If anyone wants to take Scott, I'll take Efren for a few $$$$.
You better be careful going so far out on that limb.:rolleyes:

CocoboloCowboy
05-01-2008, 07:13 AM
Scott is the number 2 guy in the world in one pocket so to say he doesnt have a chance is ridiculous,even if he beats Efren people will say Efren was off or whatever.Its kinda like that Fast Eddie saying,"Im the best there is,the best you ever seen,even if you beat me Im still the best.",if Efren said that to Scott it would be classic. :D

Well I think those who are in the gallery will get their 10 bucks worth.

jay helfert
05-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Efren is definitely the favorite, but this match may be closer than people think. It is Scott's home room and there will be plenty of people there supporting him. Efren will have to bring his 'A' game to this match. Of course he knows that. He spots Scott 9-7 when they gamble. Not that big a spot for Efren to be giving up.

uwate
05-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Has Frost won with 9-7? I saw them tango with that game at the 07 dcc and Scott lost. Im curious if he has won with that game before.

Drew
05-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Has Frost won with 9-7? I saw them tango with that game at the 07 dcc and Scott lost. Im curious if he has won with that game before.

Efren gave Scott 9-7 last week for 300/game. It went back and forth for awhile. Anybody know the outcome of that one?

BVal
05-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Efren gave Scott 9-7 last week for 300/game. It went back and forth for awhile. Anybody know the outcome of that one?
I heard they broke even when they played on Tuesday night until 5 in the morning.

BVal

Drew
05-01-2008, 10:03 AM
I heard they broke even when they played on Tuesday night until 5 in the morning.

BVal

I left around 3:30am because I was falling asleep. I don't think Efren said two words that whole night. Just quietly playing like god.

Prince
05-01-2008, 10:31 AM
I talked to Scott about this game a while back. If i remember correctly, i think he said he has never beaten Efren at this game. I can assure you he will keep trying until he does. Playing on his home turf just might do it.

desert1pocket
05-01-2008, 10:39 AM
While Efren has typically won the 9-7 game, it's always been a very close match. While it may not be enough to overcome going from 9-7 to even, I think many of you are underestimating the home table advantage.

bfdlad
05-01-2008, 10:49 AM
I talked to Scott about this game a while back. If i remember correctly, i think he said he has never beaten Efren at this game. I can assure you he will keep trying until he does. Playing on his home turf just might do it.
BIG D, you comming down on Saturday?

Prince
05-01-2008, 10:54 AM
BIG D, you comming down on Saturday?
I would like to come down and watch but I may be trying to get a practice session in for Vegas this weekend, or may have to work.

Fast Lenny
05-01-2008, 01:58 PM
This is news to me.....but I've been out of the loop for a couple of years.
Well the only other guy who might claim number 2 spot is Joyner and he has been being beat by Scott as of late,i guess it could be a toss up between the 2,it would have been cool if they both played and the winner of the 2 played Efren. :cool:

uwate
05-01-2008, 02:02 PM
So if Frost has never won with 9-7, why was this game setup as an even match? Wouldnt you want to setup a game where its close and both sides have to play their best to win?

Prince
05-01-2008, 02:08 PM
So if Frost has never won with 9-7, why was this game setup as an even match? Wouldnt you want to setup a game where its close and both sides have to play their best to win?
I could be incorrect, it has been a while since i talked to Scott about this game. Maybe things have changed and he has beaten him with 9-7. Either way, if you have ever seen Scott play 1p, you will see that NO ONE has to like it, and vice versa. I think it will be a great match, and great for the pool scene in Phoenix, regardless the outcome.

Fast Lenny
05-01-2008, 02:11 PM
I could be incorrect, it has been a while since i talked to Scott about this game. Maybe things have changed and he has beaten him with 9-7. Either way, if you have ever seen Scott play 1p, you will see that NO ONE has to like it, and vice versa. I think it will be a great match, and great for the pool scene in Phoenix, regardless the outcome.
I agree with you on this,here is his chance to do it on his home turf and i know people ride Efren just like people ride the Yankees but to say Scott has no chance is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Black-Balled
05-01-2008, 02:12 PM

One would think...they could smoke cigarrettes for it all.;)

My prediction- SF has to come with something to win, so the games will be quick. I'd say 8/6 ER/SF is even $...

5pm! Signing off, ladeeeeeeez.

uwate
05-01-2008, 02:14 PM
this is an exhibition so I guess for that they play even.

Fast Lenny
05-01-2008, 02:24 PM
this is an exhibition so I guess for that they play even.
Its an exhibition but i believe the winner gets 5k in cash for their efforts,I am not sure though,perhaps Mark can chime in.

Prince
05-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Its an exhibition but i believe the winner gets 5k in cash for their efforts,I am not sure though,perhaps Mark can chime in.
Kudos to Scott, I don't know anybody else that steps up to play Efren, even if it were 9-7 or 8-6. Go get 'em Frosty!

BRKNRUN
05-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Kudos to Scott, I don't know anybody else that steps up to play Efren, even if it were 9-7 or 8-6. Go get 'em Frosty!

Right here!!!!;) ;)

I don't think Scott is putting up any money for this particualr match.

Under those circumstances...I would trade places with Scott in a heart beat...and gladly play Efren striaght up...

I just don't think as many people would show up to watch.......Cause Efren would have NO chance.....:)

Predicted future reply from some joker...."no chance to lose that is"...:p

Jimmy M.
05-01-2008, 02:46 PM

Did not Scott win the 1 Hole at DCC, a year Efrin was there also.

Nope.

Efren won every year except this year, and the person who won it wasn't Scott. Scott won the Louie Roberts award.

Jimmy M.
05-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Efren will have to bring his 'A' game to this match.

Does Efren ever bring any other game when he plays one-pocket? :)

Prince
05-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Right here!!!!;) ;)

I don't think Scott is putting up any money for this particualr match.

Under those circumstances...I would trade places with Scott in a heart beat...and gladly play Efren striaght up...

I just don't think as many people would show up to watch.......Cause Efren would have NO chance.....:)

Predicted future reply from some joker...."no chance to lose that is"...:p
I'm voting on IPT website for "The Goose vs. Coco Boy". Let's get ready to RUMBLE! That seems like a better matchup.

BRKNRUN
05-01-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm voting on IPT website for "The Goose vs. Coco Boy". Let's get ready to RUMBLE! That seems like a better matchup.

I'll take that match.....Hell I'll even play left handed...;)

yobagua
05-01-2008, 02:59 PM
I think Scott has a big edge playing on home turf. Imagine if they were playing in Manila there is no doubt I would jump at betting on Efren. Ive been watching Efren play these past few nights. He has been in action non stop. He does look a little tired. But he has been playing guys nowhere near Scotts talent. Its just that his arsenal is so deep. But I dont think Scott is moved by the legend factor. This guy can give it all he's got. Efren by one game would be a toss up. But I wouldnt give it. And I never bet against Efren.

Prince
05-01-2008, 03:11 PM
IPT? I mean TAR, they are the Big Guns on the block.

Prince
05-01-2008, 03:12 PM
IPT? I mean TAR, they are the Big Guns on the block. What was i thinking?

BRKNRUN
05-01-2008, 03:12 PM
I think Scott has a big edge playing on home turf. Imagine if they were playing in Manila there is no doubt I would jump at betting on Efren. Ive been watching Efren play these past few nights. He has been in action non stop. He does look a little tired. But he has been playing guys nowhere near Scotts talent. Its just that his arsenal is so deep. But I dont think Scott is moved by the legend factor. This guy can give it all he's got. Efren by one game would be a toss up. But I wouldnt give it. And I never bet against Efren.

Scott can beat him I have no doubt of that...but Efren is just well.....Efren..

I watched Efren play some lower or mid level 1-pocket player one time...Efren is the only person in the world I have ever seen do this...

I was watching Efren play this guy and I started to notice a pattern develope.... Efren would hit his shot and then walk around to a certain side of the table and wait......His opponent would study the layout for a minute (or two) and then make a shot...The CB would roll to the area that Efren was standing...As the CB rolled up to him he was alomost already getting down on his shot to shoot...After he would hit the shot he would walk around to a different part of the table and wait...(for the CB to come rolling his direction)

I think Efren knew what his opponenet was going to do before his oppoenent did.....;)

Not only is his skill on a different level, but his thought process and being able to see into the future two, three or four innings is also on a different level......I think this is the glaring difference between Scott and Efren. Scott has the shotmaking skills the moves and CB controle like Efren does.......but I don't think he quite has the same ability to look X number of innings deep into a rack... (Not to the degree that Efren does anyway)

Just my observation.....Take it for what its worth because they could both proably give me 12-4 (no foul) and I would still lose.

jay helfert
05-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Well the only other guy who might claim number 2 spot is Joyner and he has been being beat by Scott as of late,i guess it could be a toss up between the 2,it would have been cool if they both played and the winner of the 2 played Efren. :cool:

I put T-Rex in the number two spot currently. And creeping up on numero uno. Gabe is right there with T Dog. Schmidt has a big One Hole game and so does Mika. All these guys would be a handful and more for Cliff or Scott. Niels is another one coming on strong at One Hole. And don't let me forget Alex. He is as good as anyone not named Efren right now.

In 1-2 years, Shane may be the best One Pocket player in the world. YES, you heard me right. I didn't stutter! :D

Prince
05-01-2008, 03:17 PM
I put T-Rex in the number two spot currently. And creeping up on numero uno. Gabe is right there with T Dog. Schmidt has a big One Hole game and so does Mika. All these guys would be a handful and more for Cliff or Scott. Niels is another one coming on strong at One Hole. And don't let me forget Alex. He is as good as anyone not named Efren right now.

In 1-2 years, Shane may be the best One Pocket player in the world. YES, you heard me right. I didn't stutter! :D
I don't think anyone is going to argue this one....

Hunter
05-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Let's face it, they both play some mean 1 pocket. At their level, anyone could have a great match regardless of their opponent's skill. I would have bet (and lost) my house on Efren beating Hill Billy Bryant last weekend, too. Still shaking my head and thanking God I didn't find anyone that would bet against Efren :eek: !

SJDinPHX
05-01-2008, 03:42 PM
But Dennis, they are not playing 9-7. How can we handicap this match ?
I will take Scott getting 3 t0 2 on the money. Any takers ????? (Jay, sweat bet 60 to 40 ?)

Dick

Paypal works for me !!!

yobagua
05-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Check your PM SJD. I like Efren.

SJDinPHX
05-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Does Efren ever bring any other game when he plays one-pocket? :)
Jimmy, you are so naive. Sometimes he brings his A Plus game, sometimes he brings his A minus game. Both are vastly different from his "A" game !

Dick

Jimmy M.
05-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Jimmy, you are so naive. Sometimes he brings his A Plus game, sometimes he brings his A minus game. Both are vastly different from his "A" game !

Dick

I stand corrected. :)

spoonie
05-02-2008, 01:23 AM
Where can you sign up to view this match......

CocoboloCowboy
05-02-2008, 06:13 AM
http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/bumpthread.gif for it is happening tomarrow.

UrackmIcrackm
05-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Where can you sign up to view this match......
I don't know what time the match is supposed to start but you can watch it here... http://www.ustream.tv/channel/eclipsepool

PETARD
05-03-2008, 02:44 AM
match has been moved to the crescent hotel

Fast Lenny
05-03-2008, 02:47 AM
match has been moved to the crescent hotel
Wow,i didnt know that,really?

Jimmy M.
05-03-2008, 03:18 AM
Wow,i didnt know that,really?

No. Not really. He was joking because the tournament last weekend was moved from the Crescent hotel to Kolby's.

Fast Lenny
05-03-2008, 03:23 AM
No. Not really. He was joking because the tournament last weekend was moved from the Crescent hotel to Kolby's.
Haha,i was in NY and missed the tourney,i heard it was a good showing with alot of great players. :)

CocoboloCowboy
05-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Game day http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/bumpthread.gif

Hunter
05-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Anybody know what time it starts?

bfdlad
05-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Anybody know what time it starts?
It starts at 6.00. The stream I imagine will be up sooner though.

Hunter
05-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks!!!!

Gerry
05-03-2008, 11:01 AM
GREAT observation about Efren "knowing" where to stand for his next shot!!!!!!

No surprise since he is a great Chess player, that he will hedge his standing area by computing the odds of what his opponent will do.:D

simple insights like that just remind me of what a great mind the man has. I would just like to sit down with him for a few hours and chat about what ever...

pool, fishing, chess, beer, family, whatever......:D

pletho
05-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Somebody please record it so I can view it I have to work tonight!!!!

Gunn_Slinger
05-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Some would say that frost is # 3.....Cliff being #2
Im sure Cliff would frost anytime
just a thought

Neil
05-03-2008, 03:26 PM

12squared
05-03-2008, 07:17 PM
trying to view the live stream but I get nothing. Any suggestions?

Fleece3
05-03-2008, 07:23 PM

Same here!

sde
05-03-2008, 07:29 PM

Leave it open in another tab, with the volume turned on and you will hear when it comes back up.

It just came back up!

Steve

AnitoKid
05-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Match is currently tied at 4-4!
And i kid you not!

:)

Dead Money
05-04-2008, 03:19 PM
So who won?

stuckart
05-04-2008, 03:48 PM