PDA

View Full Version : Type of wrap

JMD in VA
04-30-2008, 01:05 PM
I was in the F/S forum and saw a cue that had a "Cork Wrap".

Can someone descibe one to me.

Made of (dumb question)?

Feel?

Durability?

My thanks!

MOJOE
04-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Made of Cork! Feels just like, uhhhh cork. Just busting your chops there JMD, it is a fantastic feel. 2 of my cues that I love to play with have cork wraps, they have a feel of their own.

I had some done by John Madden adn Paul Drexler. They seem to be very durable, I have not replace either on, the PFD has seen hundreds of hours of play. I like the fact that they absorb my sweaty hands. I prefer cork over all other wraps.

Mojoe

kaznj
05-01-2008, 02:50 PM
My hands sweat easily. I was told a leather wrap would not be a good idea. How does a cork wrap hold up when your hands get moist. I keep a moist paper towel with me, and I am constanly wiping my hands.

Gerry
05-01-2008, 02:57 PM
I had an old Joss years ago with cork and it was GREAT for sweaty hands!. It will naturally get a darker look as you play with it. I am sending one of my Schons away soon and it will be getting cork!

G.

bigskyjake
05-01-2008, 02:59 PM
If you've got schwetty mitts cork is the best option as it's absorbency and grippiness surpass linen

Poolfiend
05-01-2008, 03:09 PM
I just switched the Zylr I have on order from leather wrap to cork. Kerry had good things to say about the feel of cork. His only concern was that it will tear if you bang it on something, but if you take care of your cues that shouldn't be an issue.

ratcues
05-02-2008, 07:14 AM
Here's some for you.

Hierovision
05-02-2008, 07:24 AM
The top cue pic in ratcues' post is mine, and you can see more pics in the link in my signature. The feel is smooth and actually transmits feedback much better than my other linen and leather wraps I've had. It also absorbs sweat like a champ. I can't play with wrapless :o

It's a superior wrap to anything else IMO. I would definitely go for it if you're thinking about getting one.

JMD in VA
05-02-2008, 08:37 AM
My thanks to all of you for the replies and photo's and kidding.

In the process of asking this question, we have opened another door here.

I noticed a few others out there who are like I was a few years ago.

Operators of sweaty palms. Nothing worse for a pool game, or running for public office.

If any of you guys out there are interested in hearing about a corrective surgery (out patient) for this condition, let me know and I will PM you or post a thread about it on the forum.

Thanks again!