PDA

View Full Version : Efren playing Tang Hoa tonight at Hard Times?

YouKnow662
04-30-2008, 03:28 PM
I heard Efren is supposed to play Tang some one pocket tonight at Hard Times in Bellflower, does anyone know if it's going down for sure? Details on the match; spot? For how much?

LAMas
04-30-2008, 04:21 PM
I heard Efren is supposed to play Tang some one pocket tonight at Hard Times in Bellflower, does anyone know if it's going down for sure? Details on the match; spot? For how much?

I heard that they have been playing each other already - they are friends.

mullyman
04-30-2008, 04:24 PM
If one of them quits a winner are they considered a nit?
MULLY

3RAILKICK
04-30-2008, 06:53 PM
I heard that they have been playing each other already - they are friends.

Did they play after Tuesday's IPT deal? I saw Tang in attendance at the exhibition match. I wondered if Tang, Efren, Rodney, Corey, Schmidt and Ortman and crews went out/ played afterwards. I left after the match and went home. Anybody know?

3railkick

jay helfert
04-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Tang is asleep in my spare bedroom right now. He played poker all night and practiced pool here until about Noon. He told me he was supposed to play Efren with 11-7 tonight, but I'm letting him sleep. When he wakes up, he'll probably head to Hard Times. It's 9 PM now.

Oh yeah, he said they played last night too, before Tang went to play poker. Tang won. 11-7 is too much IMO.

jay helfert
04-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Tang is asleep in my spare bedroom right now. He played poker all night and practiced pool here until about Noon. He told me he was supposed to play Efren with 11-7 tonight, but I'm letting him sleep. When he wakes up, he'll probably head to Hard Times. It's 9 PM now.

Oh yeah, he said they played last night too, before Tang went to play poker. Tang won. 11-7 is too much IMO.

I just called Hard Times and Efren wasn't there. I told them to call me if he comes in.

Tablemechanic
04-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Efren was at House of Billiards playing one pocket and should be at Hard Times later.

Steve

JohnPT
04-30-2008, 09:36 PM
I seriously think nobody in the world plays more pool than Efren. That just might be his secret. An Efren fact?

charlieb
04-30-2008, 09:39 PM
He was at Hard Times a little after noon today with Danny Petralba. Efren was playing rotation while Danny was working the phone. I think 11/7 is Efren and Tang's normal game when Efren is in So. Cal.

TorranceChris
04-30-2008, 09:39 PM

It takes you 25 minutes to type the last 2 sentences?!! Wow, I'm impressed!!!! :D

Edited: Took 1 minute to correct "setences" misspelling ... remind me not to make fun of anyone else's typing again!

jay helfert
04-30-2008, 09:47 PM
It takes you 25 minutes to type the last 2 sentences?!! Wow, I'm impressed!!!! :D

Edited: Took 1 minute to correct "setences" misspelling ... remind me not to make fun of anyone else's typing again!

Hey, I'm a two finger typist and one of my fingers is down today. :D

CB,CornerPockeT
04-30-2008, 10:08 PM
i saw Efren playing at House of Billiards today, too. Pretty cool for a joe schmoe like me to get to see him playing locally, since I don't make it out to tourneys or events much and dont see very many big name pros around.

yobagua
04-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Efren played several hours taking down 5 sets from some local players in Santa Monica HOB. Then headed off to Carson for a match out there. His dance book is seriously full. He has several games scheduled for tomorrow. I think he's trying to get in shape for Arizona and the Freezer.
I hope the Freezer is working out the kinks cause Efren is looking real good. Though I did see him scratch once in 20 games and miss a long shot. Geez! What are you going to do with people like that?

jay helfert
04-30-2008, 10:36 PM
I just couldn't resist putting this on a thread that involves pool in the LA area. We are having a Memorial Day Weekend Ten Ball bash at Hollywood Billiards on May 24th and 25th. $75 entry with $3,000 Added! SWEET!!!

A little late on advertising it so I snuck it in here. It's also on the Tournament Announcement thread with more details.

Rubyron
04-30-2008, 11:05 PM
I just couldn't resist putting this on a thread that involves pool in the LA area. We are having a Memorial Day Weekend Ten Ball bash at Hollywood Billiards on May 24th and 25th. $75 entry with $3,000 Added! SWEET!!!

A little late on advertising it so I snuck it in here. It's also on the Tournament Announcement thread with more details.

You should put an announcement about it in your signature and you'll get a little free advertising on all your posts. Then just delete it when the tournament is over.

Jimmy M.
05-01-2008, 12:04 AM

I'm planning on being there, sir! :)

Black-Balled
05-01-2008, 06:14 AM
Efren played several hours taking ...I did see him scratch once in 20 games and miss a long shot...

He's over the hill then:eek: !

jamesroberts
05-01-2008, 06:27 AM

can you give the address of where this is

jay helfert
05-01-2008, 08:38 AM
can you give the address of where this is

5750 Hollywood Blvd., just off the Hollywood Freeway, one block East. (323)465-0115

LAMas
05-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Efren played several hours taking down 5 sets from some local players in Santa Monica HOB. Then headed off to Carson for a match out there. His dance book is seriously full. He has several games scheduled for tomorrow. I think he's trying to get in shape for Arizona and the Freezer.
I hope the Freezer is working out the kinks cause Efren is looking real good. Though I did see him scratch once in 20 games and miss a long shot. Geez! What are you going to do with people like that?

What is Efren's itinerary so the sweaters can head out?

StevenPWaldon
05-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Does anyone know the details of who he played there, and with what spot?

sugeknight
05-01-2008, 10:17 AM
5750 Hollywood Blvd., just off the Hollywood Freeway, one block East. (323)465-0115

not even a block. turn right off the exit and then immediately turn right again.
only hall Ive been to with valet parking. f**kin hollywood

frankncali
05-01-2008, 10:18 AM
What is Efren's itinerary so the sweaters can head out?

He is supposed to be at Stix Billiards today. Not sure about what time or any plans. I actually think he is just getting away a bit by going to Stix. I don't think he has any games lined up or anything. The owner is a good friend of his as is one of the patrons there. He comes by whenever he is in town.
Stix is in rancho cucamonga