PDA

View Full Version : Last reminder for Earl Strickland exhibition,

bfdlad
05-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Hey everyone, I just want to make sure that everyone knows about the Earl Strickland exhibition that will be held tomorrow night at Kolby's Corner Pocket. The exhibition will start between 7.00 and 7.30 and it will be fun. Again we will have raffle tickets that will be drawn for a chance to place a game against Earl. Everyone I have spoken to have told me that he puts on a great show. Please come by, thanks,
Mark,

Oh if you have any questions please email me at mark@myeclipsemedia.com

BVal
05-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Hey everyone, I just want to make sure that everyone knows about the Earl Strickland exhibition that will be held tomorrow night at Kolby's Corner Pocket. The exhibition will start between 7.00 and 7.30 and it will be fun. Again we will have raffle tickets that will be drawn for a chance to place a game against Earl. Everyone I have spoken to have told me that he puts on a great show. Please come by, thanks,
Mark,

Oh if you have any questions please email me at mark@myeclipsemedia.com
I am going to try and make it down there Mark. Thanks for all that you are doing. I think it is great.

BVal

Rick S.
05-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Earl just did an exhibition last night here in Tucson.....

He has quite the selection of trick shots!! Also, he adds 'stroke' shots into the mix. PURE stroke shots, that has the cueball traveling 5-6 rails with unbelievable accuracy, and power.

Earl does one of the best exhibitions in the business....doing shots that will simply amaze you. 8 balls in one shot....14 balls with one shot....and the 'wing' shots'. Or, as he now calls them 'skeet shots'.

Rolling balls down the table, waiting until the very last second, and cutting them across the table into the corner pocket. If you have never seen it....your missing out!!

Thanks to Main St. Billiards , and Bob Jackson for having it!!

Rick S.

Fast Lenny
05-01-2008, 05:24 PM
I will be there to see my favorite player! :D

CocoboloCowboy
05-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Cost bfdlad I will not be going but someone else might want to know.http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/thumbsup.gif

Hope you have a great turnout.

Fast Lenny
05-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Cost bfdlad I will not be going but someone else might want to know.http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/thumbsup.gif

Hope you have a great turnout.
Are you just a ghost in my computer?,you should get out to this,will you be at the One pocket on Saturday?

CocoboloCowboy
05-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Are you just a ghost in my computer?,you should get out to this,will you be at the One pocket on Saturday?

Friday I have to go to a birthday thing, Saturday is a maybe, but I think only 20%.

Jimmy M.
05-01-2008, 09:08 PM
I'm hearing a rumor that Dennis Orender may play him an exhibition match after Earl's trick shot show. Is this confirmed yet?

Fast Lenny
05-02-2008, 02:44 AM
I'm hearing a rumor that Dennis Orender may play him an exhibition match after Earl's trick shot show. Is this confirmed yet?
Im not sure Jimmy,it would be cool to see him play some,maybe Mark can confirm this.

Prince
05-02-2008, 06:06 AM
It's been confirmed on my end. I let them know yesterday that "I'm in!" I'd like another shot at him after my debacle against him in the Shootout. I think Mark is going to check with him today to confirm the match, and not necessarily for just an exhibition. Very rarely do we Arizona folk get the opportunity to play people of his caliber, so I immediately accepted the offer when asked if I would be interested. I'll keep you posted.

Dennis

CocoboloCowboy
05-02-2008, 06:12 AM
Event day http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/bumpthread.gif

Fast Lenny
05-02-2008, 06:16 AM
It's been confirmed on my end. I let them know yesterday that "I'm in!" I'd like another shot at him after my debacle against him in the Shootout. I think Mark is going to check with him today to confirm the match, and not necessarily for just an exhibition. Very rarely do we Arizona folk get the opportunity to play people of his caliber, so I immediately accepted the offer when asked if I would be interested. I'll keep you posted.

Dennis
So what are you and Earl posting up? :D

JAM
05-02-2008, 06:16 AM
Somebody better take some pictures of this exhibition, and I mean it! :mad:

Pretty please! :p

JAM

Fast Lenny
05-02-2008, 06:19 AM

JAM
If i have my wits about me and all goes well perhaps i can live stream it or something online,not sure yet. :cool:

Prince
05-02-2008, 06:29 AM

JAM
If it goes, I will make sure they take photos and/or video for our site.

JAM
05-02-2008, 06:34 AM
That is very cool! Looking forward to the updates! :p

Tell Earl that I said "USA, All the Way." :D :D :D

JAM

Prince
05-02-2008, 06:34 AM
If i have my wits about me and all goes well perhaps i can live stream it or something online,not sure yet. :cool:
Live stream would be nice if it's possible. Mark is going to check with Earl today from what i understand. If it goes, it will be immediately after his trick shot exhibition, most likely around 9pm or so. Earl and I will have to discuss if he wants to post or just do an exhibition. I prefer the post, keeping in mind, I'm not gonna lose thousands. I do know that. But it's completely up to him. Either way, I will play. I want a rematch. :)

bfdlad
05-02-2008, 07:08 AM
Live stream would be nice if it's possible. Mark is going to check with Earl today from what i understand. If it goes, it will be immediately after his trick shot exhibition, most likely around 9pm or so. Earl and I will have to discuss if he wants to post or just do an exhibition. I prefer the post, keeping in mind, I'm not gonna lose thousands. I do know that. But it's completely up to him. Either way, I will play. I want a rematch. :)
I should be talking to Earl this morning to just confirm that he is ok with it. I don't see why he wouldn't. Please remember if you are comming to the event we will be selling raffle tickets for a dollar each for the chance to play a game against Earl. This is one of those chancxes that you may never get again. There will be a $5.00 cover at the door. All proceeds going toward the "Mark Cantrill villia in the South of France appeal" Ok Some of the proceeds will be going to try and bring my house payment current :)

Rick S.
05-02-2008, 07:25 AM
Earl's still asleep....

Tough day yesterday...golf at La Paloma, then over to a friend's for dinner, and a mini trickshot show.

I'm 99% sure Earl will like to give it a go....I'l get back ASAP...

JAM...I have photos from the Tucson exhibition....just too busy to post them!! We have been on the run since he got here.

Same with the Shootout photos...I have some really good shots too. It just takes so long.....

I'll get them up ASAP....

Rick S.

CocoboloCowboy
05-02-2008, 07:31 AM
I am looking forward to seeing the last day of the Shootout photos.

Rick S.
05-02-2008, 11:11 AM

Earl is willing to play 6 ahead on the tight table for 1K....if your interested?

Prince
05-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Earl is willing to play 6 ahead on the tight table for 1K....if your interested?
How about 10 ahead for 5K?......Just Kidding :)....just wanted to say i tried to high roll Earl Strickland once in my life. Rick, I will be down there around 7 or 8 and we will work something out. But yes, this game is a possibility. Oh yeah, tell him I won't bring the potato chip lady, so long as he leaves Pots and Pans at home too. :)

Dennis

Rick S.
05-02-2008, 11:54 AM
I hear you...!! You guys work something out ....

We'll be there early....see you there.

Hunter
05-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Dennis,

I think Earl is going to request that you and Jimmy wear tin foil hats, so you don't get the opportunity to send each other telepathic sharking messages this time. Keep that in mind when matching up :D ! Good luck and I hope to see you there.

Steve

BVal
05-02-2008, 12:08 PM
How about 10 ahead for 5K?......Just Kidding :)....just wanted to say i tried to high roll Earl Strickland once in my life. Rick, I will be down there around 7 or 8 and we will work something out. But yes, this game is a possibility. Oh yeah, tell him I won't bring the potato chip lady, so long as he leaves Pots and Pans at home too. :)

Dennis
Good luck Dennis. I hope you get your revenge!

BVal

Jimmy M.
05-02-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm on daddy duty tonight and probably wasn't going to make it for the exhibition but, now that this is going on afterward, I'll probably be there.

I doubt there will be any sharking though since I won't be playing on the next table and using one of those loud metal racks, and I don't really eat potato chips. I'm even going to turn the ringer off on my cell phone. I plan on sitting in the crowd like a good little spectator if I'm able to make it. :)

Dennis,

I think Earl is going to request that you and Jimmy wear tin foil hats, so you don't get the opportunity to send each other telepathic sharking messages this time. Keep that in mind when matching up :D ! Good luck and I hope to see you there.

Steve

Jimmy M.
05-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Too late, bizzatch! I'm wearing my Charlie Chaplin outfit tonight.

"STRYCHNIIIIIIIIIINE!"
"You know what's worse than finding a worm in your apple? Finding half a worm!"
"You know what else is worse than finding a worm in your apple? Being castrated!"
"You might not fall down if I hit you, but you'll look pretty stupid standing there!"

Sorry. Just working on my act. See you there.

so long as he leaves Pots and Pans at home too. :)

Dennis

Prince
05-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Too late, bizzatch! I'm wearing my Charlie Chaplin outfit tonight.

"STRYCHNIIIIIIIIIINE!"
"You know what's worse than finding a worm in your apple? Finding half a worm!"
"You know what else is worse than finding a worm in your apple? Being castrated!"
"You might not fall down if I hit you, but you'll look pretty stupid standing there!"

Sorry. Just working on my act. See you there.
I'm having flashbacks already...........

!Smorgass Bored
05-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Dennis,
I think Earl is going to request that you and Jimmy wear tin foil hats, so you don't get the opportunity to send each other telepathic sharking messages this time.

Steve

Tinfoil hats are perfectly acceptable poolwear if not gaudy and done with decorum... imo
Doug

*Decorum: NOUN: Appropriateness of behavior or conduct

BRKNRUN
05-02-2008, 03:34 PM

Dennis

Just show up wearing this and you will be guaranteed winner... Earl can't beat martians...especially Marvin the Martian...;)

Ltldebbie
05-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Tinfoil hats are perfectly acceptable poolwear if not gaudy and done with decorum... imo
Doug

*Decorum: NOUN: Appropriateness of behavior or conduct
Good Luck Earl....these people are crazy.