PDA

View Full Version : A great feature on this forum, that I just discovered!

James
05-01-2008, 09:19 AM
Ok so shoot me if you all already knew this, but I sure didn't. I would have been real excited if someone told me about it!

On other forums I'm on all the threads you have posted in are marked, so you can easily return and see them.

That doesn't happen here, but I have figured out a way to do it.

In Options, under "User CP" there is a subscription setting. The default is "Do not subscribe". If you change that to "No email notification" then you will automatically be subscribed to any thread you post in.

This does two things:

1) When you're in the forum and see the list of threads, there will be a gray box to the right of the thread title indicating you're subscribed to it.

2) If you click your "User CP" you will see a list of all your recently subscribed threads, and you can click "View all subscribed threads" to see them all.

If you all knew this than ignore me but I sure didn't.

Hope it helps someone.

-J

Jude Rosenstock
05-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Wow, you use the word "great" rather liberally. The next "great" feature should somehow make me money. That would be great.

Patrick Johnson
05-01-2008, 09:28 AM
On the page listing the threads (Main Forum page) there's a little envelope icon in the leftmost column for each thread title. If the envelope has a black dot in it, you've posted to that thread. Scroll to the bottom of that page to see what other kinds of info the envelope icon can contain.

pj
chgo

av84fun
05-01-2008, 09:29 AM
Wow, you use the word "great" rather liberally. The next "great" feature should somehow make me money. That would be great.

Oh great Jude. Bust the guy's chops for saying great....ONCE. I think his post was great and it would have been great for you not to have flamed him with a post that used the word "great" 3 times more often than he used it.

By the way, I'm just kidding and think you are a great guy.

Isn't that great??

(-:

James
05-01-2008, 09:40 AM
On the page listing the threads (Main Forum page) there's a little envelope icon in the leftmost column for each thread title. If the envelope has a black dot in it, you've posted to that thread. Scroll to the bottom of that page to see what other kinds of info the envelope icon can contain.

pj
chgo

Yeah I noticed that as well but it's nice to be able to go to the user CP and have a list of all your recent threads there for follow-up.

blah blah blah

Don't be jealous, I'm having a GREAT day! It's about 70 degrees and I've biked to work for the last 10 days straight and that makes me feel great. I didn't want a debate. :p

Jude Rosenstock
05-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Oh great Jude. Bust the guy's chops for saying great....ONCE. I think his post was great and it would have been great for you not to have flamed him with a post that used the word "great" 3 times more often than he used it.

By the way, I'm just kidding and think you are a great guy.

Isn't that great??

(-:

I'm still not making any money here. If you guys can get me that Poison cue girl, THAT would be great. I'll tell you all how great life is, how this site is great, how pool is the greatest game ever and how Poison cues might be the greatest thing next to great sliced bread.

Jude Rosenstock
05-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Yeah I noticed that as well but it's nice to be able to go to the user CP and have a list of all your recent threads there for follow-up.

Don't be jealous, I'm having a GREAT day! It's about 70 degrees and I've biked to work for the last 10 days straight and that makes me feel great. I didn't want a debate. :p

Kiss my big great butt with your 70 degree weather.

James
05-01-2008, 09:53 AM

I grew up in New England (with not so great weather), went to a great school, so that I could move to this great city with all it's great weather and get a great job. Now I make great money (but I won't tell you how in this thread), ride a great bike and have great days!

Guess what I had for breakfast today?

http://www.totalmedia.com/images/Tony_the_tiger.jpg

p.s. I just changed the thread title but it only changed here and not on the main page :(

BVal
05-01-2008, 09:55 AM
It's only been in the high 80's and low 90's the last few days here. Of course Monday it was 99 (not so great).

BVal

Jude Rosenstock
05-01-2008, 10:03 AM
It's only been in the high 80's and low 90's the last few days here. Of course Monday it was 99 (not so great).

BVal

Then I guess it feels like your butt is on a grate.

Da Poet
05-01-2008, 10:34 AM
The greater grater greatly grates greater? :eek:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :o

Jude Rosenstock
05-01-2008, 10:36 AM
The greater grater greatly grates greater? :eek:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :o

I'm Da Poet
and my feet show it
because they're longfellows

Da Poet
05-01-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm Da Poet
and my feet show it
because they're longfellows

Have we hit bottom yet? :D

Jude Rosenstock
05-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Have we hit bottom yet? :D

Wow, that doesn't rhyme at all.

Patrick Johnson
05-01-2008, 11:36 AM
... it's nice to be able to go to the user CP and have a list of all your recent threads there for follow-up.

You can do the same thing by clicking "Search", then "Advanced Search", then entering your AZB name. You can then choose whether to see a list of the threads you've posted in or only your own posts (click the choice at the bottom).

pj
chgo

James
05-01-2008, 12:00 PM
You can do the same thing by clicking "Search", then "Advanced Search", then entering your AZB name. You can then choose whether to see a list of the threads you've posted in or only your own posts (click the choice at the bottom).

pj
chgo

There are so many great choices on how to gather these threads! GREAT!

Patrick Johnson
05-01-2008, 01:30 PM

pj
chgo

There are so many great choices on how to gather these threads! GREAT!

Listing only your own posts is very handy - when you click on one of your posts in the list you jump right to it in the thread, saving you the trouble of scrolling through a long thread looking for your post. It's an easy way to check and see if anybody is talking to you.

pj
chgo

JoeyA
05-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Ok so shoot me if you all already knew this, but I sure didn't. I would have been real excited if someone told me about it!

On other forums I'm on all the threads you have posted in are marked, so you can easily return and see them.

That doesn't happen here, but I have figured out a way to do it.

In Options, under "User CP" there is a subscription setting. The default is "Do not subscribe". If you change that to "No email notification" then you will automatically be subscribed to any thread you post in.

This does two things:

1) When you're in the forum and see the list of threads, there will be a gray box to the right of the thread title indicating you're subscribed to it.

2) If you click your "User CP" you will see a list of all your recently subscribed threads, and you can click "View all subscribed threads" to see them all.

If you all knew this than ignore me but I sure didn't.

Hope it helps someone.

-J

Good post James. Sending you some rep for being helpful to someone else.

Another thing you can do with threads is if you are reading a post in a thread that you would like to keep up on but don't want to post in the thread at that time, but still want it to appear in the "View all subscribed threads, you can click on THREAD TOOLS (just above the post) and then Subscribe to thread.

JoeyA

APA sleeper
05-01-2008, 02:15 PM
oh great, more tools.:D

Dead Money
05-01-2008, 08:56 PM
What a great thread! I haven't been this excited since the day I discovered that water is WET!:D

junksecret
05-01-2008, 10:05 PM
What a great thread! I haven't been this excited since the day I discovered that water is WET!:D

I'm too giddy to respond.......:)

Mr. Wilson
05-02-2008, 06:48 AM
Jude, what gives? Someone piss in your Cherios?

Andrew Manning
05-02-2008, 07:40 AM

I confess.

I pissed in Jude's Cheerios.

It was GREAT.

-Andrew

James
05-02-2008, 08:53 AM

Me and Jude are GREAT internet friends. I'm going to give him a great big boston hug next time I see him. (For the first time)

Hierovision
05-02-2008, 09:50 AM

I think it's a combination of the weather in Brooklyn, the liberal use of specific adjectives, and Andrew Manning urinating in his breakfast cereal. He could have found a yellow frosted flake. You know what they say about yellow frost. It tastes the best!

Jude Rosenstock
05-02-2008, 12:49 PM

Actually, they were Frosted Flakes.

Jude Rosenstock
05-02-2008, 12:51 PM
I think it's a combination of the weather in Brooklyn, the liberal use of specific adjectives, and Andrew Manning urinating in his breakfast cereal. He could have found a yellow frosted flake. You know what they say about yellow frost. It tastes the best!

Yes, the weather here stinks like piss, too. Last week was so much better.

Jude Rosenstock
05-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Me and Jude are GREAT internet friends. I'm going to give him a great big boston hug next time I see him. (For the first time)

Please do me the favor and when we do meet for the first time, wear more than you have on in that avatar pic.

ScottR
05-02-2008, 12:54 PM
oh great, more tools.:D
I only use power tools. Preferably 220 (or 221, whatever it takes) and while consuming mass quantities of alcohol.

Scott <<== 3-finger Fatty

James
05-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Please do me the favor and when we do meet for the first time, wear more than you have on in that avatar pic.

I'll probably look like this
http://lh5.ggpht.com/J.Michelinie/SBt4dRZw_sI/AAAAAAAACSI/w3qvMeFEVp8/s800/obnoxious%2Bred%2Bsox%2Bfan.jpg

Just kidding, I hate baseball. (Don't tell my mom)

Jude Rosenstock
05-02-2008, 01:44 PM
I'll probably look like this
http://lh5.ggpht.com/J.Michelinie/SBt4dRZw_sI/AAAAAAAACSI/w3qvMeFEVp8/s800/obnoxious%2Bred%2Bsox%2Bfan.jpg

Just kidding, I hate baseball. (Don't tell my mom)

Then might I suggest stopping by on a Saturday night when the manager who happens to be a Sox fan is working. Otherwise, good luck getting a table.

James
05-02-2008, 01:47 PM
... Otherwise, good luck getting a table.

I'll just walk in and start punching strangers and taking their tables and someone will be like "Dude, what are you doing? Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night or something?"

And I'll be all "BlTCH I KNOW FROM JUDE ROSENSTOCK... FROM THE INTERNET."

And then he'll be all "I am Jude Rosenstock, I just got a haircut. Why'd you punch me?"

And then I'll run away crying because the internet let me down.

Grady
05-02-2008, 01:52 PM
I guess this is really dumb but I cannot find "options" anywhere. Help!!!

Jude Rosenstock
05-02-2008, 01:56 PM
I'll just walk in and start punching strangers and taking their tables and someone will be like "Dude, what are you doing? Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night or something?"

And I'll be all "BlTCH I KNOW FROM JUDE ROSENSTOCK... FROM THE INTERNET."

And then he'll be all "I am Jude Rosenstock, I just got a haircut. Why'd you punch me?"

And then I'll run away crying because the internet let me down.

Okay, then you might want to look for me at Broadway Billiards. I'm there ALL THE TIME.

James
05-02-2008, 02:03 PM
I guess this is really dumb but I cannot find "options" anywhere. Help!!!

Grady I sent you a PM.

!Smorgass Bored
05-02-2008, 02:16 PM
I predict an upcoming Announcement by Mr. Grady Mathews.
Doug

BRKNRUN
05-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Since this is kind of turning into a Did you know thread about Azbilliards.

Did you know that if you have been gone a few days and want to catch up on all the threads and need a faster way of reading through all the posts to get to the current post.......

You can click on "Archive" at the bottom and every thread known to man will be listed. When you click on the thread you get a very stripped text version that you can read through much quicker than the main version.

When you get to the end and or you want to reply just go to the top and click on "full version"

NO annoying gifs...no annoying anthing (unless the text itself is annoying)

Know you know.

BVal
05-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Since this is kind of turning into a Did you know thread about Azbilliards.

Did you know that if you have been gone a few days and want to catch up on all the threads and need a faster way of reading through all the posts to get to the current post.......

You can click on "Archive" at the bottom and every thread known to man will be listed. When you click on the thread you get a very stripped text version that you can read through much quicker than the main version.

When you get to the end and or you want to reply just go to the top and click on "full version"

NO annoying gifs...no annoying anthing (unless the text itself is annoying)

Know you know.
Who takes a few days off? :eek:

BVal

!Smorgass Bored
05-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Who takes a few days off? :eek:

BVal

Yeah, and who 'catches up' ?
Doug

BRKNRUN
05-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Doug

Yeah yeah..blah blah... :D

Hey I do all this from a cell phone (Moto Q) so it makes it easier to read

BVal
05-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah yeah..blah blah... :D

Hey I do all this from a cell phone (Moto Q) so it makes it easier to read
You have NO excuse for missing any days then :D:D:D

BVal

Ltldebbie
05-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Doug

This thread is like a tapestry in my small small world. Now that song is in my head!

BRKNRUN
05-02-2008, 03:37 PM
You have NO excuse for missing any days then :D:D:D

BVal

Hey...Moto Qs are notorious for the short batteri.....(error..partial post due to lost connection)

Dead Money
05-02-2008, 10:48 PM
I confess.

I pissed in Jude's Cheerios.

It was GREAT.

-Andrew

Haha! Some people like that I hear! :eek: