PDA

View Full Version : Great quote

gpeezy
05-01-2008, 10:11 AM
I believe I have posted this before but see if you guys can remember who and what time this quote came from
"I told them that these poolplayers were harmless and to stop wasting the taxpayers' money, that they had 2 people subpoenaed out there, Dirty Low Down Red and Omaha Fats, and that if you gave them a blood test it would come back 90% hotdog & 10% coffee."

Jude Rosenstock
05-01-2008, 10:26 AM
I can't give you an answer but I will give you my favorite quote -

A friend of mine was working on her game and she said, "There's this one shot I can't make but I can't remember what it is!"

I thought it was hysterical.

Tim-n-NM
05-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Road Player?

catscradle
05-01-2008, 10:51 AM
I believe I have posted this before but see if you guys can remember who and what time this quote came from
"I told them that these poolplayers were harmless and to stop wasting the taxpayers' money, that they had 2 people subpoenaed out there, Dirty Low Down Red and Omaha Fats, and that if you gave them a blood test it would come back 90% hotdog & 10% coffee."

I'll make a pure guess... sounds like Fatty (not the Omaha variety) to me.

freddy the beard
05-01-2008, 11:01 AM
NY Fats, of course. It comes off the Jimmy Reid website www.freepoollessons.com It happened in Johnston City in 72 when the IRS raided the Show Lounge, and arrested a bunch of pool players. Fats testified before the Grand Jury. When he got done they released everybody and the Jury members all met Fats outside the courtroom to gather his autograph.

the Beard
my web has been completely juiced up, many products, videos, pics,stories etc. www.bankingwiththebeard.com

Black-Balled
05-01-2008, 11:37 AM
From Fats' book...