PDA

View Full Version : Speaking Of Records......

jimmy-leggs
05-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Dave pearson(speed pool champion of the world)was here in calgary at our year end play-offs at the Olympic Oval april 19th.WOW,the guy is awesome.Runs around those tables like mad.
Anyway his record was 10 racks(15 balls)in 8 minutes and 58 seconds.He would move from one table to the next.(while shooting on one,someone was racking the other).
He tryed to break his record a couple of times(probably just to warm up)running around the table,working up a huge sweat,but to no avail.
The last attempt he said this will be the one......so he running around,crowd right into it.He is into the tenth rack way ahead of his world record,probably by about 30 seconds with a few balls left when he STOPS to take a breather.
He beats the record by about 10 seconds.
Now i'm thinking why did he stop and take a breather when he could have easily beat his record. WHEN it dawned on me........He is an exibishionist,gets paid to perform this feat he does.If he went and did it in 5 minutes how could he beat his record all the time.LOL
Anyway,great guy,got the crowd right into it and will in vegas.So go check him out if you get a chance.
Someone there said he won the world 8 ball championships awhile back.....can someone confirm?

olauzon
05-01-2008, 01:00 PM
his running around yelling C'MON C'MON right up the face of the sweaters after every good out in vegas was farkin hillarious. i was lolling farts all over my chair. even the kids look forward to that event again.

Blackjack
05-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Dave is a great guy and a lot of fun to watch... just add beer. lol

He is very entertaining and he is always amped up and going a zillion miles an hour! You won't find too many players that can get half as pumped up as Dave Pearson!