PDA

View Full Version : Austin Murphy Big Ipt Winner

PETARD
05-01-2008, 01:13 PM
(I KNOW THERE IS A THREAD OF NEGATIVE VIEWS OF EVENT)

IN A TRIBUTE TO THE COLLECTION GURU WE ALL MISS

AUSTIN MURPHY WON BIG

THOSE OF YOU OLD ENOUGH TO OPERATE VIDEO EQUIPMENT OR HAVE FRIENDS THAT HAVE THAT SKILL AND WERE NEGATIVE MIGHT REMEMBER WHEN EFREN CAME TO THE US UNDER HIS REAL NAME AND COULDN'T WIN A TOURNAMENT FOR YEARS AND HE WAS NOT 14 YEARS OF AGE. I STAYED AT THE SAME HOTEL AS AUSTIN AND HIS FAMILY AND DISCUSSED THE EVENING BEFORE AS THEY WERE CHECKING OUT OF THE HOTEL ON WEDNESDAY AM. WHAT A GREAT FAMILY AND WHEN I MET AUSTIN, HE WAS DISAPPOINTED AS EXPECTED BUT I MENTIONED HE WAS THE WINNER AND THIS PAIN WILL GO AWAY. ( I LOVE EFREN AND OSCAR MARTINEZ BUT WANT TO GIVE AUSTIN HIS DUE)

HOW DID HE WIN; HERE'S WHY?
1. EFREN COULDN'T DEMONSTRATE HIS TALENT IN US TOURNAMENTS
UNTIL HE WAS TWICE AS OLD AS AUSTIN.
2. AUSTIN SHOWED THE ABILITY TO GATHER A FOLLOWING TO WIN THE
VOTING DESPITE EFREN'S APPEAL, TALENT AND RECORD.
3. AUSTIN SHOWED A BEAUTIFUL STROKE MUCH MORE CLASSICAL THAN
EFREN'S
4. AUSTIN OUTBROKE EFREN WITH A MUCH BETTER BREAKSHOT
5. AUSTIN SHOWED MATURITY FAR BEYOND HIS YEARS
6. AUSTIN SHOWED CLASS DESPITE A DISAPPOINTMENT FEW CAN
IMAGINE.
7. AUSTIN GOT HIS TV DEBUT OUT OF THE WAY WHILE JUST ENTERING
HIS TEENS.
8. AUSTIN DIDN'T WHINE DESPITE THE DISAPPONTMENT HE WENT
THROUGH.
9. AUSTIN HAS A CLASSY AND FRIENDLY FAMILY TO SUPPORT HIM FOR
YEARS TOO COME.

AUSTIN, RAISE YOUR HEAD HIGH; YOU ARE A FINE YOUNG MAN WITH AN UNUSUAL TALENT AND YOU WILL BE CHAMP SOON SO TAKE THESE ALLEGED SETBACKS AS POSITIVES TOWARDS THAT EVENTUAL END IF THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT. DON'T FORGET TUESDAY THE 29TH BUT DWELL ON THE POSITIVES AND LEARN FROM THE MISTAKES AND THEN FORGET THEM.

FINAL SCORE

1.AUSTIN MURPHY WORLDWIDE EXPOSURE OF A RISING SUPERSTAR
WHILE REMAINING A CLASSY YOUNG MAN THROUGH A DIFFICULT
TIME.
2.EFREN MORE MONEY THAT HE DOESN'T NEED

CONGRATULATIONS FROM A NEW FAN

[/LIST]

cuechick
05-01-2008, 01:20 PM
You do not need to yell to make your point.

thehammer37
05-01-2008, 02:08 PM
what happened to the COLLECTION GURU

Johnnyt
05-01-2008, 02:12 PM
I don't think Efren's reason to come here was to win tournaments. I don't think he wanted to win tournaments in the begining...he wanted to gamble. You win a big tournament in the US and no one wants to play you even, they want the nuts. Johnnyt

Terry Ardeno
05-01-2008, 02:17 PM
I don't think Efren's reason to come here was to win tournaments. I don't think he wanted to win tournaments in the begining...he wanted to gamble. You win a big tournament in the US and no one wants to play you even, they want the nuts. Johnnyt

That's a great post John & I agree with all aspects of it. All true.

gopi-1
05-01-2008, 02:58 PM
That's a great post John & I agree with all aspects of it. All true.

Same here...

Tang Hoa beat Efren in a money game getting 11-7 playing 1 hole the previous night before
when Efren played a wicked hook on Austin hiding the CB behind the 8 ball. I was sitting beside
Tang when he yelled, "It's 12-7 or nothing now Efren!", although I'm sure he meant it as a joke!

Fast Lenny
05-01-2008, 02:59 PM
what happened to the COLLECTION GURU
Im not sure what happened to him? :confused: :confused: :confused:

thehammer37
05-01-2008, 03:03 PM
when i watched the ipt match the other night with austin, he was setting in the front row.

PETARD
05-01-2008, 03:17 PM

think finishing second gets him much action? doubt it

LoReNz
05-01-2008, 07:59 PM
efren didnt get to show his talent when he was 14 because at that time there was nobody to sponsor him. he came from a very poor family.. see, u gotta understand how life is in the philippines.. austin has family to support him, yea that's right. efren went away to survive.

both of them are really different

sde
05-01-2008, 08:14 PM
(I KNOW THERE IS A THREAD OF NEGATIVE VIEWS OF EVENT)

IN A TRIBUTE TO THE COLLECTION GURU WE ALL MISS

AUSTIN MURPHY WON BIG

CONGRATULATIONS FROM A NEW FAN

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/LIST]

That is all that I could force myself to read of your post.

______66118

p1noy
05-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Petard = Collection Guru

mullyman
05-01-2008, 10:25 PM
You know, first, I don't understand why, in another thread, people are giving this kid shit for losing to Efren Reyes. It's Efren Reyes for Christ's sake. World champions bow down to him. This kid getting even one game off of him is a fine accomplishment. Then, I can't understand the need to coddle this kid and try to perk him up and keep him from being hurt. He lost. It's part of life. He played a helluva game against probably the greatest pool player that has ever lived. Give him a pat on the back and let it go already. There's no reason to work up either side of the story. He went against the best and got his ass handed to him. What's wrong with that? He doesn't deserve to be ragged on and if he wants to grow up then he needs to be able to take a loss like a man.
MULLY

powerlineman80
05-01-2008, 10:58 PM
2. AUSTIN SHOWED THE ABILITY TO GATHER A FOLLOWING TO WIN THE
VOTING DESPITE EFREN'S APPEAL, TALENT AND RECORD.

I thought Efren finished first in voting and Austin second. Austin played well, but I'm not ready to call him the next Efren Reyes for sure.

JoeyInCali
05-02-2008, 12:01 AM
Another retarded thread by a troll.

parvus1202
05-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Don't you think it's supposed to be real pool aficionados who should be assessing Austin? My assessment is that, he needs more practice, become a monster before clobbering a monster. To kill Dracula you don't send a kid, send Van Helsing. If that was an exhibition match, that was fine. If USA send Asutin to beat Reyes, bad move.

JimS
05-02-2008, 04:25 AM

Efren? Who's this Efren of which you speak? Oh.... you must be talking about Cesar Morales? Yesss... we know of him. But this Efren??????:rolleyes:

Sorry...... couldn't resist.

And to the original poster.... Austin did just fine. He did win in many ways. But as another poster said... you needn't yell to make your point. In fact the caps and huge lettering just serve to make your post emotional and the logical points you were making get lost in the yelling... just like in real life :D .

PETARD
05-02-2008, 02:23 PM
[QUOTE=sde]That is all that I could force myself to read of your post.

you got the point; very good

bestpoolplayer
05-03-2008, 11:29 AM
I watched him play in Sacramento and he acted like a 6 year old kid, throwing his cue stick around when he missed a shot while losing a match to a player who plays 90 speed in nine ball. His Dad runs around to all of the tournaments and talks people into voting on his lap top and saying things about his son that just ain't right. He can play but he is not a world beater like his Dad thinks:

sde
05-03-2008, 11:46 AM
[QUOTE=sde]That is all that I could force myself to read of your post.

you got the point; very good

Which point are you referring to?

(I KNOW THERE IS A THREAD OF NEGATIVE VIEWS OF EVENT) I was already aware of this.

IN A TRIBUTE TO THE COLLECTION GURU WE ALL MISS One of only very few I have on ignore.

AUSTIN MURPHY WON BIG Again, I was aware of this. I gave all of my votes to Austin after the list was reduced to 50.

CONGRATULATIONS FROM A NEW FAN Oh, this must be it.
I did not know that you were a new fan. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Steve

crawfish
05-03-2008, 12:03 PM
If I hear one more comparison of this young gentleman to Efren, I am gonna puke. Good young player, yes. Comparisons to Efren, Coltrain, Little Tony? Come on. At that age, you could be topped out. Or, you could just be getting started. We don't know what will happen. Rising player, good for you. But, to say that he's accomplished more at a certain age than some others i.e. Efren is almost comical. Time will tell, and I wish him all the best. But, time will tell. Remember, Coltrain was on the Mosconi cup at a very early age, and chosen to be there on ability, not canvassing for votes. Where is he now? You never know what can happen. Chan Whitt? Tony Watson? They all started young. God rest Chan's soul. Tony? Well, he's just Tony. Do you think young Murphy would play T. Watson even when they were both the same age? Tony was peaking from 14-23.

Bottom line, it is too early to tell. Congratulations on the canvassing and effort. To say that "his stroke is more steady," etc. is where you lost me. Play with the big boys, then take your losses like the big boys. No excuses. W or L. Period.

tpdtom
05-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Austin needs seasoning. He showed glimpses of his talent. He'll be around for a long time. I'm happy that he handled himself very well. There's another young player, same age, who has traded National Junior Championships with Austin, named Landon Shuffett. He has beaten Earl and many others on the men's tour, but with all due respect I'd say that he's not quite ready for Efren either. Who is? These young champions are our sports future...Tom

DoubleA
05-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Austin needs seasoning. He showed glimpses of his talent. He'll be around for a long time. I'm happy that he handled himself very well. There's another young player, same age, who has traded National Junior Championships with Austin, named Landon Shuffett. He has beaten Earl and many others on the men's tour, but with all due respect I'd say that he's not quite ready for Efren either. Who is? These young champions are our sports future...Tom
I don't know Austin, but Landon is an extremely likeable, very well-mannered young talent who will only get better.