PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best at recovering/balancing table in Maryland?

beetle
05-01-2008, 07:10 PM
I need to have my table redone (it's an Olhausen). I need the best Simonis on it. Is there someone like RealKingCobra on the east coast??? I'd appreciate any contacts, references, and pricing.
Thanks,
Steve

I should follow this up: my pockets are too large, so I'd be interested in cost of new cushions cut to get 4.5 - 4.75 inch pockets.

Bigtruck
05-01-2008, 10:29 PM
I need to have my table redone (it's an Olhausen). I need the best Simonis on it. Is there someone like RealKingCobra on the east coast??? I'd appreciate any contacts, references, and pricing.
Thanks,
Steve

I should follow this up: my pockets are too large, so I'd be interested in cost of new cushions cut to get 4.5 - 4.75 inch pockets.

Give me a call. We can get you a referral or maybe even schedule RKC to stop by and take care of it.

Ray

254-379-2569
2543792569@txt.att.net

ugotactionTX
05-01-2008, 10:39 PM
I think "balancing" would be pretty dangerous...

Dartman
05-01-2008, 11:15 PM
From the Mechanics Directory Sticky in the "Talk to a Mechanic" section -
(which, btw, is usually the best place to inquire about table work)

Maryland
Classic Billiard Service - John Burns 410-935-3617
Chesapeake Billiards 443-564-8922

n10spool
05-02-2008, 01:11 AM
Buy bigger balls and wait for Glen to com out your way in a few months.

JAM
05-02-2008, 01:30 AM
Thanks,
Steve

Steve, ask Tom-Tom! He did my table. :)

In fact, we made it a poker party! You know who this motley crew is, don't you?! LOL!

BTW, I got a funny story, Steve. As you know, I didn't go to the U.S. Open this year, and I had to sweat it on AzBilliards.

When I looked at the player roster for the U.S. Open, I saw a name of a friend of mine here locally that probably only I would recognize because I have known him since he was a young kid who used to ride his mo-ped up to Let's Play Games pool room in Rockville.

I watched eagerly to see how his first match would end up because he pulled Niels Feijen very first round for his 500-buck entry fee. Poor fellow never won a game. Niels barbecued him. It was Huey! :o

JAM

beetle
05-02-2008, 06:54 AM
Steve, ask Tom-Tom! He did my table. :)

In fact, we made it a poker party! You know who this motley crew is, don't you?! LOL!

JAM

Hey JAM, I didn't know Tom-Tom did this. Maybe I'll see him at the Orange Ball tournament on Saturday. I'm not sure if he can do the cushions, so I'll find out.

That looks like a blast you had at your house! I think it would be great to have something like this at my place once my table is ship-shape. We could have a poker party too. My partner plays but always says the "site is rigged" yet he keeps pumping money into it! I'd like to play more "real" poker so he can see that the same things happen all the time offline!

I never even remember there's a mechanics section on the site :o Thanks, BigTruck for the phone # and the possibility of setting something up with RKC. Let me talk to Tom-Tom first and I'll get back to you.

p.s. JAM, If you come, I'll let you pet Kody!

realkingcobra
05-08-2008, 03:45 PM
I'll be up in the Maryland area not to long from now, contact me if you'd like at 702-927-5689

These are what the sub-rail extentions look like before cushions or facing are installed.

realkingcobra
05-08-2008, 03:46 PM
This is what the pockets look like after cushions and facings, before installing the cloth.