Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > gregcantrall
Reload this Page How I learned what real pool players could do.
Rate this Entry

How I learned what real pool players could do.

Posted 01-23-2013 at 09:55 AM by gregcantrall

In 1982 we lived in Tacoma, WA. We accidentally found a weekly pool tournament at a little bar(The Creekwater) on South Tacoma Way. They only had one pool table. In the course of playing in that little tournament, another player told us about a 9 ball tournament Wed. nights at the White Spot in Fife. They had 5 bar tables and a 9 foot Gold Crown. I had never heard of 9 ball. It was described as being the biggest and best weekly tournament around. So we go and check it out. OMG! It was a whole new world for me. Weekly turn outs of 32 to 40 players. Race to 3 in each match. Players with pool names, Yikes!

That was my first introduction to 9 ball and how it was played by top players. I played in the tournament for a year and a half before I won a beer for seventh eighth place. The best $5 lessons in the world. I remember at first thinking, "when my hands stop shaking I will be able to play." Then weeks later realizing that I had better learn to play with my hands shaking as they were not going to quit shaking until I could start playing.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2671 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments