Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > DiamondGirl
Reload this Page musings of a pool player....my first blog
Rate this Entry

musings of a pool player....my first blog

Posted 01-22-2011 at 09:44 AM by DiamondGirl

Hi all or nobody...lol
I am not really sure if anybody will read this or not. I am beginning to blog as a 2011 resolution commitment to myself.
Who am I? My name is Lisa Davids, I was formally known as Lisa D'Atri but have recently married.
I have been involved in all aspects of pool for over 20 years now.
Years ago I used to have my own column about women's pool. I was known for years as Miss Cue from Cue Sports Journal.
I have taught pool for over 16 years now, and was BCA certified instructor when it first began and for the next 13 years. I have not taught pool for 2 years now, since I moved to Georgia.
I have been in hibernation for the past couple years due to being diagnosed with cancer and going through chemo and radiation.
I still showed up to play in many WPBA events and play in regional events as well during this period. And even won a few events while I was sick as a dog!
I am cancer free now and want to get back in the pool loop again.
Not just in competition, but in writing, business, social interaction, and lessons once again.
I believe i have many great stories from my past to share, as well as what I have learned in my life from pool that perhaps a few of you could relate to and/or enjoy.
Please feel free to leave comments and/or questions to help me be a good/great blogger.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3523 Comments 2 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Welcome Lisa, great first entry. Congratulations on getting your health back in order and on getting back into pool.

All the best,

DaveK
  2. Old Comment
    Thanks for the best wishes Dave. I love pool so much that I played in tournaments regardless of my health. When your life may suddenly have a time limit coming up...it is important to do what you love and love what you do NOW!
    The people I know in the the pool world are my family..when you sick family important. Also I could hurt at home resting or hurt while I compete...except I wouldn't hurt when "I was in the moment" competing. I couldn't sit down or hardly walk for over 8 months, I couldn't wear pants either due to the cancer, so I would throw a tablecloth on as a skirt and go compete.
    That is how much I love pool and my new husband loves that I love pool.
    A special shoutout to Blackjack, I believe it was, that offered to help me with fundraising while I was sick to help offset my expenses...except I was way too sick to respond or say thanks at the time. It might have been someone else not sure...but it was someone for sure from az billiards.
    Many blessings to and from our billiard community!