Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > CJ Wiley
Reload this Page Connection Calibration - Starting with the Hand
Rate this Entry

Connection Calibration - Starting with the Hand

Posted 10-14-2012 at 02:54 AM by CJ Wiley

I want to discuss what "Connection Calibration" is and how to do it before anyone assumes it is another word for pre shot routine. A pre shot routine is simply a routine you do each time before a shot when you stand a certain way, and see what type of shot you're going to hit and then go through your own personal routine for accomplishing the shot. These routines are essential to actually play the Game, and you may want to incorporate things from the Connection Calibration and anchor it into your permanent routine. That's different.

When I'm doing Connection Calibration, I also do it before the shot, and this is where the similarity ends. For instance if I was doing the Calibration for my right hand I would show you how to put different parts of your hand on the "Line of the Shot", then shoot the shot and FEEL the shot sensation in THAT particular part of your hand. I use my knuckles and go from the index, to the middle, to the ring finger, to the pinky, shooting usually straight in shots for the "fullest hit and sensation".

I use the right hand (if right handed) because kinesthetically it's the most important "body part" because it is directly Connected to the cue and gives you the most "feed back". I believe it's important to understand where you get the most sensitivity in your hand and why.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2411 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments