Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > Kevin3824
Reload this Page A great Idea
Rate this Entry

A great Idea

Posted 01-26-2016 at 06:13 AM by Kevin3824

As you all know I recently purchased a Diamond Pro-am through Manning cues. I cannot express how good an idea that was for me. Heath is an amazing man. While I was looking over my bank account the other day I noticed that my bank PNC bank had charged me a 3% international pos fee on each of my purchases from manning cues. I contacted my bank and after speaking with them and later actually debating with them to get the charges removed they did remove a minor $6.60 charge for my second purchase but adamantly refused to Reverse the $170,25 charge for their international pos fee on the table itself. Even after I pointed out to them that not only does Manning Cues have more locations in the USA then in Canada but they also do far more business here and my table would never be on foreign soil as it is being built here in the USA. THey still would not bend. So I mentioned it to Heath and he came up with the idea if simply cancelling the order and refunding the money to my bank. Therefore forcing PNC to also refund the related charges as the transaction was cancelled. Then after I spoke to the bank and informed them of my decision they still did not want to give me a clear answer but they knew they would have to return the money or I would be going out of my way to let as many others know and file legal action upon my bank to return the money to me. So basically I had heath cancel the original order and create a new order which I will pay for in two payments on an existing credit card that I have already verified does not charge international POS fees. Because this will all be cleared up way before my table is even created it will not delay me getting the table at all. In the future I will simply be making all my purchases through Heath with my CapitolOne credit card instead of my PNC visa debit card. I am also going to look around for a credit union and get away from PNC bank. I don't trust them any longer after feeling like my own bank was trying to steal money from me. It is one thing to charge a merchant a 3% fee to allow them to take credit cards from sellers it is another to charge an additional 3% to the purchaser for buying a product as well.
I would never have thought of the above solution without Heath suggesting it to me.

Again I cannot stress it enough if your going to make a major purchase of a pool table I highly recommend Heath Manning of Manning Cues tell him I sent you. That man has done great things for me and saved me a lot of money through this purchase. I believe he has saved me on this one purchase alone like $420 between the bank charges and the discount for being an associate member of CSI.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2337 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments