Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs
Reload this Page Blog Entries
Old

Dalr Perry Cue

Posted 11-13-2018 at 07:35 AM by Menelaus10

I have an older Dale Perry Cue with a uni lock joint. I believe it to be ebony with fruit-wood points and what appear to be ivory inlays. I purchased this cue years ago from an auction, but since then I've seen dale's cues come down significantly in price. My cue is beautiful and has a great feel, it also seems to be very well made. Does anyone have any insight as to why his cues now sell for so little?
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 439 Comments 0 Menelaus10 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Need Help Identifying Vintage Cue

Posted 11-08-2018 at 12:13 PM by HeadCase

Itís an Adam when they were made in Japan I had the same model and it had a sticker.
Banned
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2800 Comments 0 HeadCase is offline Edit Tags
Old

2018 Garden State Pool Tour(Open Division Grand Championship)

Posted 11-02-2018 at 07:38 PM by DFITZPATRICK

Sunday November 18,2018
Garden State Pool Tour Open Grand Championship
@Sandcastle Billiards
101 Townsley Street
Edison,NJ

Called 9-Ball
Alternate Breaks / Rack your own / 9 on the Break does not count in the back 2 pockets.
Races are to 7 on the winners side
Races are to 6 on the one lose side
Extended race Finals
3 foul rule is in effect
Jump cues are allowed
Awards for...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4687 Comments 0 DFITZPATRICK is offline Edit Tags
Old

Used Deluxe Cue Smith for sale!

Posted 10-23-2018 at 08:15 AM by cnyncrvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueman View Post
STILL FOR SALE!
Buyer was told by mom he could not have a lathe in their condo so it is still for sale. Also the pictures are showing up on my tablet and the full size computers. But they are not showing up on my wife's I Phone. I am not sure if it is an Apple products issue or if it is a phone issue.

Chris, I resized them for you and edited my first post with the resized pictures you emailed me. See if you can view them now on your wifes phone.
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1695 Comments 0 cnyncrvr is offline Edit Tags
Old

Eddie Farris, Samsara Bar Cue and Castillo Case

Posted 10-05-2018 at 07:35 PM by brumabull

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDirtyHippies View Post
-Prices are firm with shipping and PayPal fees include in price

-No trades at this time (might consider a partial trade if in my favor)

12.4 Revo shaft (only selling with purchase of one of the cues for $450 extra)
-joint collar has some chips

$850-Eddie Farris ( Cuemaker in Oklahoma)
-Purple Heart nose with 5 Maple points in great condition. Stiff hit on this cue
-Pin- Radial
-Butt- 14.95oz (can go up a little)
-Shaft
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1095 Comments 0 brumabull is offline Edit Tags
Old

Replacement of the BCA, with A Pool Trust Membership Organization

Posted 08-11-2018 at 04:22 AM by 336Robin
Updated Today at 06:02 AM by 336Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post
The statement in bold is very true. I ask myself, if that was the main root cause of the decline of Pool, then why hasn't someone thought of creating an organization that would be a membership organization in which people were members that paid some dues to fix what the BCA broke?

Never mind that if you set this organization up as a foundation that saved more than it spent and used the interest off of its growing bankroll in a mutual fund, that Pool would have a permanent source of
aimisthegameinpool.com
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1424 Comments 0 336Robin is offline Edit Tags
Old

Blood! Blood!

Posted 07-17-2018 at 05:37 AM by Nostroke
Updated 09-22-2018 at 08:04 AM by Nostroke

Back in in the 70ís a friend wanted me to tag along to see this guy in upper Westchester. My buddy, Eric, had found himself in possession of some extremely low quality green leafy material-referred to as Ďheadache weedí back then as no matter how much you consumed, that would be all you got. My friend wasnít having that, and he told me this guy Spencer was the only person to whom he could unload it. It was only an ounce and If it was tested for THC, you probably couldnít be prosecuted for it....
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1467 Comments 0 Nostroke is offline Edit Tags
Old

My Dream With Big Paulie (6/23/18)

Posted 06-24-2018 at 12:10 PM by Nostroke
Updated 08-12-2018 at 02:24 PM by Nostroke

I joined what seemed to be a simple menís hangout club in NYC. I went there every chance i had. It was in a Brownstone with the usual 6-7 cement steps out front. Iím in my 30′s or so.

I hang around for 2-3 weeks there having fun with the guys-Just BSn mostly, talking about fishing, women etc. No one ever talks about the club itself, dues, who owns it or anything similar. None of that enters my mind while im hanging there. I'm just having fun!

So one day 2-3 weeks...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1454 Comments 0 Nostroke is offline Edit Tags
Old

A Typical Dream For Me

Posted 06-07-2018 at 08:49 AM by Nostroke
Updated 06-27-2018 at 05:33 AM by Nostroke

Along the same lines as my mafia dreams where i screw up every order Gotti gives me, lose or spill ketchup on his suit and wind up going for a long drive in the country with Joe Pesci sitting behind me, Donald Trump last night insisted on lending me his Stradivarius Violin. Things proceeded southward from there. The Stradivarius was in a plain cardboard box so as not to draw unwanted attention.The first thing that goes wrong is when i take it out of the box, some guy rips it up for recycling....
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1555 Comments 0 Nostroke is offline Edit Tags
Old

Quest for 200

Posted 05-25-2018 at 04:34 PM by Straightpool_99

Huge stroke improvement! Adjusted my grip to be a tad firmer with all fingers in contact on ball hit, slowed the backstroke down some, and increased the back pause! Wow, I fell into sick stroke! Ran 80 balls like butter and got a kick. Then a 52 just goofing around with insane stroke shots in there and a 30 unfinished. Not too shabby, but still my focus is not quite good enough for 3 digits. I keep fading out.

I suspect it's from being overweight. I'm going on a very harsh diet, to...
I see dead balls
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1550 Comments 0 Straightpool_99 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Quest for 200, day one

Posted 05-18-2018 at 04:39 PM by Straightpool_99

Well the results are in, and they are not good!

Spent 2.5 hours at the pool hall. Broke 50 only once. I'm disgusted. I recon at this point I'm as far away from running 200 as I am from running 100 meters in under 10 seconds! But I also think I can fix it, I just need more time.

Problem: My stroke has suffered more than I feared. My draw is weak and I can't stroke the breakshots with confidence, because I jerk the forward swing. TERRIBLE. I also think I'm not playing...
I see dead balls
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1219 Comments 0 Straightpool_99 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Quest for 200

Posted 05-17-2018 at 02:02 AM by Straightpool_99

Well, the first day didn't go as planned. Couldn't even get started properly before I was interrupted by a phone call and had to leave. The short warm-up session showed me something important, though. I missed a couple of shots by throwing them out of the pocket. Otherwise my stroke seemed to not have suffered too much from my lay-off. Touch was decent, draw lacked a bit of power, otherwise ok.

In order to run 200, all such English-misses must be avoided. For my first REAL training...
I see dead balls
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1018 Comments 0 Straightpool_99 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Respect Finally

Posted 05-16-2018 at 10:04 AM by Nostroke
Updated 05-26-2018 at 03:53 PM by Nostroke

In 9th grade, due to some academic and disciplinary problems that occurred at a Catholic school, i had to switch to a Public School. Ninth grade was the last year of Jr High back then and i was the new guy thrust in with kids who had gone to school together for two years minimum, and many who had been together since kindergarten.

All the “cool kids” dressed in the style of the day whereas previously i had worn a school uniform. I didn’t have any cool clothes and...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1738 Comments 2 Nostroke is offline Edit Tags
Old

My efforts to become a 200 ball runner, the (re)beginning

Posted 05-15-2018 at 10:10 PM by Straightpool_99

A few months ago I announced on the forum that I was quitting pool. Well, I'm an addict and I had no chance. I must accept what I cannot change. I've bought back my cue and I'm ready to start anew.

Status: Haven't touched cue in about 6 months, and my game was on the downslide way before that. No idea where it is at this moment. Physically, I'm middle-aged, flabby and not in good shape. Neither of those facts are acceptable.

Goal of day one: Run 50 balls. Modest, but...
I see dead balls
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 885 Comments 0 Straightpool_99 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Worst ER ever?

Posted 05-04-2018 at 06:58 AM by Nostroke
Updated 06-13-2018 at 08:40 AM by Nostroke

WORST ER EVER?
This past Tuesday 4/17, I fell and broke my elbow/arm (hairline fracture), tripping over one of those Ďmanhole coversí in a gas station within 30 yds of my home. The covers were raised at least an inch off the surface. Admittedly, the one that got me may have been painted orange (There were several in the area- both painted and unpainted) but 2 cars were coming at me from 2 different directions and my attention was on them. After my foot made direct contact with the cover....
Attached Images

AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1774 Comments 2 Nostroke is offline Edit Tags
Old

Very Rare Gus Szamboti Purpleheart Cue

Posted 04-17-2018 at 12:13 PM by acho7

!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by acho7 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]Very Rare Gus Szamboti Purpleheart Cue

"Gus Szamboti Cue: SW 19.6 oz. 3 original shafts: 2 are 12 3/4 mm in very good condition; 1 is 13 mm in very good to excellent condition. This particular cue is very rare for several reasons. The cue is all original, meaning that Gus Szamboti is the only cue maker to do any work on this cue. The shafts, finish, and
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1219 Comments 0 acho7 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Cliff Joyner recover fund raising efforts

Posted 04-11-2018 at 01:26 PM by perfectpocketz

[QUOTE=Mrs. Hillbilly;6130934]Hey everybody, for those of you who don't know, one pocket legend Cliff Joyner suffered a stroke during the Scotty Townsend Memorial. He survived but there was extensive damage. He started a fund raising account to help with his rehabilitation but it is very expensive. Any little bit you can spare helps him get closer to a full recovery. Please click the link below and donate what you can. Thank you.
[url]https://www.youcaring.com/cliffjoyner-1139046[/url][/QUOTE]...
Banned
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1272 Comments 0 perfectpocketz is offline Edit Tags
Old

Chinese Pool World Championship (LIVE)

Posted 03-29-2018 at 07:44 AM by Pamela83

Have the rounds already been played today? If not, does anyone have a link to today's matches?
AzB Gold Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1275 Comments 0 Pamela83 is offline Edit Tags
Old

1.8 Million DACA Amnesty on the Table.

Posted 01-26-2018 at 01:21 PM by sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by justabrake View Post
Trump really only said he'd be the Greatest Job Creator President ever so I guess we didn't think he'd fail with illegal immigration
Amnesty for DACA folks who grew up here and a deporting the rest while building the wall. Iím ok with that.

Most of his toughest illegal immigration stances were exaggerated by the media to paint him as a racist.
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2169 Comments 1 sixpack is offline Edit Tags
Old

FS: 7ft Diamond Professional Blue Label

Posted 01-23-2018 at 12:23 PM by pocketsplitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsplitter View Post
Hi all,

I am selling this gorgeous table. VERY new (delivered from Diamond in October) 7 foot Diamond professional BLUE label (not the Pro-am). Green simonis, still plays like new. Comes with cyclop balls (new version) and the diamond triangle. Located in New York.
Text me at 305-562-5100 for info or pics and your best offer. NEW CONDITION, only thinking of selling to pay for my wedding. Thanks AZB!
Bump for a great table
Attached Images

AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1162 Comments 0 pocketsplitter is offline Edit Tags
Old

A chink in the armor of Fargorate

Posted 01-15-2018 at 08:15 AM by bryanlee

Ok here is my 2 cents and what i have seen of the fargo rating so far... This is the thing with me. I can only shoot in 2 tournaments a week that report to fargo. One of the tournaments I have to leave early every week so I play a match or two and go. The other tournament I usually win fairly easy. That being said the only reason I go to those tournaments is to have enough points to shoot in the state finals. I am a 529 fargo with only 414 robustness.. Everyone I play says I am grossly underrated...
Banned
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1422 Comments 0 bryanlee is offline Edit Tags
Old

N"E"FS Gallery

Posted 01-14-2018 at 10:57 AM by bryanlee

Not very high end cues but these are the three I will never part with... Sl-5 Schon and two custom Jacoby's [ATTACH]335[/ATTACH]
Attached Images

Banned
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 884 Comments 0 bryanlee is offline Edit Tags
Old

Anniversay restore

Posted 12-26-2017 at 09:26 PM by perfectpocketz

[QUOTE=realkingcobra;6049449]Asking that is like when AZB members ask me how much i charge for my rebuilds, to which i always respond, "if you're going to ask me publicly, then it's out of your price range"[/QUOTE]

Hereís and Centennial LED light I make.....[ATTACH]332[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]333[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]334[/ATTACH]

Mark Gregory
Banned
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1405 Comments 1 perfectpocketz is offline Edit Tags
Old

Anniversay restore

Posted 12-26-2017 at 09:25 PM by perfectpocketz

[QUOTE=realkingcobra;6049449]Asking that is like when AZB members ask me how much i charge for my rebuilds, to which i always respond, "if you're going to ask me publicly, then it's out of your price range"[/QUOTE]

Hereís and Centennial LED light I make.....[ATTACH]332[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]333[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]334[/ATTACH]

Mark Gregory
Attached Images

Banned
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 904 Comments 0 perfectpocketz is offline Edit Tags
Old

Woodworth Cue with two shafts "Excellent Condition" Matching joint protectors

Posted 12-20-2017 at 03:22 PM by Flatwoodsflash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatwoodsflash View Post
This cue is in excellent condition.
Looking to sale or trade. I also have a Brown Ostrich Whitten case 2x4 in great condition that I would like to sale or trade of equal value.
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1180 Comments 0 Flatwoodsflash is offline Edit Tags
Page 1 of 48 1 2311 Last »