Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > CJ Wiley
Reload this Page Specific knowledge is the only real "short cut"
Rate this Entry

Specific knowledge is the only real "short cut"

Posted 10-11-2012 at 08:08 PM by CJ Wiley

Specific knowledge is the only real "short cut" I've found. This means someone needs to not only explain why it works, but also how you go about doing it consistently as a human being.

Getting to caught up in the physics and complex explanations is unnecessary. I seriously have my doubts that anyone actually better by understanding spin/squirt ratios. The physics of the Game are simple, the geometry is slightly more difficult, and the mind/body/cue relationships are the most important.

The systems are simple, if willing to learn the basic foundation of the Game. You must have a system to set up the same relative to the "line of the shot" every time and build on that in levels. I've described it as a "7 Layer Cake", and it all starts at the feet.

If you aren't able to get your feet in the same place relative to the shot, then you will have no chance of getting the rest of you body set correctly. Pocket Billiards has such slim margins for error I believe it's essential to concentrate on your the basics. It will make the more sophisticated aspects of the Game much easier and playing at a high level well within your reach.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2282 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments