Old

Hank

Posted Yesterday at 07:20 AM by CocoboloCowboy
Updated Yesterday at 06:47 PM by CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my heros.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 44 Comments 0 CocoboloCowboy is online now Edit Tags
Old

Adding triangular frame support blocks to GC III?

Posted 07-08-2020 at 04:46 AM by NYCnoob99

Quote:
Originally Posted by olgoat View Post
the GC III I have has the GC IV type frame where the long side frame sections don't extend the full length of the table. It does not have the angle irons added to better support the short head and tail frame pieces yet and I am considering that.

My question is, there are no triangular support blocks on the frame like the GC IV has on the side and end frame sections. Is this something that is a good idea to add?

I searched for reinforce Gold Crown III frame and didn't
Registered
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 100 Comments 0 NYCnoob99 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Home Room Project - Groundbreaking

Posted 07-03-2020 at 08:12 AM by cjr3559
Updated 07-03-2020 at 08:15 AM by cjr3559

Wanted to keep updating the home pool room blog where I left off last fall. The room is completed, but wanted to continue with the chronicle.

These pics are of moving the shed, groundbreaking and foundation laying.
Attached Images

AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 128 Comments 0 cjr3559 is offline Edit Tags
Old

great Carbon Tubes!!

Posted 07-01-2020 at 01:13 PM by Ed P

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab944 View Post
Thank you, Sacha.
I just received a couple of 12.5mm tubes.
One with rigid foam (3.1oz), one with soft foam (adds .3oz to the overall weight of the tube- 3.4oz).
However, the weight is more towards the tip end of the tube. I will probably hollow this out some in order to balance the weight out.

The tubes are very smooth, straight and have a good finish. They are definitely worth a try.
Fabb44,

Can you provide the wall thickness...
AzB Gold Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 124 Comments 0 Ed P is offline Edit Tags
Old

Forty-One

Posted 06-27-2020 at 10:10 AM by cjr3559

The wife and I had some time to shoot again the other night and thought we’d continue our success by playing some more ‘Mr. and Mrs. Pocket Billiards’.

Apparently my skills have increased in the last couple weeks. She had won 4 out of 6 games last time (2 because I fouled out), but this time I took the first game handily by getting some clear shots on the 1-2-3 and by getting a nice 4-15 combo.

Quickly her interest in this game fell when I continued my runs in game...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 192 Comments 0 cjr3559 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Home Table Review and Critique

Posted 06-25-2020 at 07:03 PM by zcrash
Updated 06-25-2020 at 07:07 PM by zcrash

This is my home table, it's an 8-foot Olhausen Breckenridge. There's a whole long, boring story of my history and how this particular table and the room came to be, which I'll save for another time (and, in consideration for the current audience, probably another place). What I'll say for now is that I was able to get it installed in late January, and it has been a blessing to have for my mental and emotional health during the past several months. I'll also write something about the decor in...
Attached Images

Diligent Home Player
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 192 Comments 0 zcrash is offline Edit Tags
Old

Working on My Shot Routine - Shot Preparation

Posted 06-19-2020 at 06:16 PM by zcrash
Updated 06-26-2020 at 11:58 AM by zcrash

"This is an old song, done a different way. I've done this lots of ways. This is the latest way. It may not be the best way...but it's the latest..."

-- Ian Hunter (introducing "Laugh at Me", from Welcome to the Club)

The phrase used often in pool instruction or guidance is "pre-shot routine", though I think of it as just "shot routine". For me, it's all one integrated process, or ideally, a flow. I do break it down for myself...
Diligent Home Player
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 295 Comments 0 zcrash is offline Edit Tags
Old

Equal Offense Practice

Posted 06-18-2020 at 01:37 PM by cjr3559

After watching Jerry Briesath’s latest instructional videos I learned more about ‘Equal Offense’ and the practice version to help improve your game.

I’ve taken a lot of Jerry’s tips in his videos seriously to help improve my game, and I have noticed a difference.

In practice Equal Offense the goal is to score 120 points over 10 innings to promote yourself to the next level of difficulty.

To check my skill level, I started out with 5 balls in hand per...
Attached Images

AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 275 Comments 0 cjr3559 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Mr. and Mrs. Pocket Billiards

Posted 06-13-2020 at 09:22 AM by cjr3559
Updated 06-13-2020 at 09:25 AM by cjr3559

On the occasion when I can get the wife to play, finding a game that can be fun and competitive can be tricky.

The universally known 8-Ball is an obvious choice, but handicapping is trial and error. Since she’s a beginner and I’m intermediate level, finding a balance between easy and tough on both ends of the spectrum is a guessing game.

So after brushing up on my rules in the BCA handbook I found an alternative game called ‘Mr. and Mrs. Pocket Billiards’. And it...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 346 Comments 0 cjr3559 is offline Edit Tags
Old

ARE YOU READY?? MAGA Rallies are Back.

Posted 06-12-2020 at 08:12 AM by David in FL
Updated 06-12-2020 at 08:32 AM by David in FL

Deleted as an inadvertent entry
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 305 Comments 0 David in FL is offline Edit Tags
Old

My Journey with TOI (or What a Brief, Strange Trip it's Been)

Posted 06-11-2020 at 02:07 AM by zcrash
Updated 06-26-2020 at 12:02 PM by zcrash

The Lead-In

A few months ago, I was browsing Dr. Dave's FAQ page on Inside English, and the very first question was, "Why do some people like to use inside english, even on shots where it is not required for position?", which struck me as very strange. Shooting that way didn't make any sense to me--if anything, I've always favored outside english to reduce the throw--so I dismissed it as a silly idea/question and didn't consider that it might actually be "a thing"....
Diligent Home Player
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 329 Comments 0 zcrash is offline Edit Tags
Old

House Rules for Home Table

Posted 05-17-2020 at 02:29 PM by zcrash
Updated 06-26-2020 at 12:02 PM by zcrash

I was down at my friend Bobby's house over Thanksgiving weekend a few years ago, shooting a bunch of pool in his outdoor man cave (that kind of thing actually works in San Diego), along with his kid and a friend of ours from school. At one point, I made a kiss shot, which I didn't call, and prepared to continue shooting, but Bobby said that was a foul. I protested (citing standard BCA/WPA rules), but he pointed to a framed document sitting on a shelf by the table, his House Rules, which did in...
Attached Images

Diligent Home Player
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 454 Comments 0 zcrash is offline Edit Tags
Old

Teaching Kids to Really Get the Game

Posted 05-17-2020 at 01:21 AM by zcrash
Updated 06-26-2020 at 11:07 PM by zcrash

I believe that kids who grow up banging balls around the table and not knowing the rules of the game, generally grow up to be adults banging balls around the table and not knowing the rules of the game. To make sure that didn't happen with my stepkid, Chip, the following is how I taught him to play, starting at age 11. For each step, when he reached about 60-70% proficiency (or thereabouts), I explained the next step to him, and had him starting to think about it and layering it onto his game,...
Diligent Home Player
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 341 Comments 0 zcrash is offline Edit Tags
Old

$$Price Reduced$$ CHEAP Andy Gilbert flame 4 pointer

Posted 05-11-2020 at 06:54 AM by Pwogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith E. View Post
There's an option for editing your original post so that you wouldn't need two posts for the same cue.

GLWS,
Keith
Hi Keith. I tried to edit the title, but it wouldn’t let me. I was able to edit the body of the listing, but not the title. I also couldn’t see where to delete the original post either.
Admin I apologize for posting another listing for the same cue. Please delete if you can.
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 350 Comments 0 Pwogg is offline Edit Tags
Old

*****Early JOSS*****

Posted 05-09-2020 at 03:14 PM by Snooker Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyboy59 View Post
Submitted for sale is an early model JOSS w/SS piloted joint and 5/16-18 pin (rare) in restored condition. The butt sleeve and points are ebony and the forearm is maple. According to the staff at Joss this cue is only one of a few that were built with stacked veneers in the butt sleeve. The butt and shafts roll straight. Selling at $2100.00 to include shipping (USA only) and Paypal fees...the cue is a bargain at this price.

JOSS cues are excellent players and this old school (early-mid
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 340 Comments 0 Snooker Theory is offline Edit Tags
Old

Cues - it seems like more simple design is were it is at ?

Posted 05-09-2020 at 06:57 AM by Snooker Theory

[QUOTE=tusmadpark;6646052]I went very simple with nice figured woods for my next cue. Should be in my hands by end of the month. Made by Mike Stacey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 359 Comments 0 Snooker Theory is offline Edit Tags
Old

Cues - it seems like more simple design is were it is at ?

Posted 05-08-2020 at 06:16 PM by Snooker Theory

[QUOTE=tusmadpark;6646052]I went very simple with nice figured woods for my next cue. Should be in my hands by end of the month. Made by Mike Stacey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 336 Comments 0 Snooker Theory is offline Edit Tags
Old

MAGA: a one act, all American play

Posted 04-27-2020 at 12:58 PM by blah blah
Updated 05-02-2020 at 12:08 PM by blah blah (Added his new words from today. Fefe feff seffahyde?)

I crack myself up and needed to save this.

DJT at Nightly Coronavirus National Update: [I]Walks out, nods to everyone. Waits dramatically for silence. Finally everyone is quiet.
[/I]
DJT: [I]Shits his pants. On camera. It is prolonged and noisy. Journalists begin yelling and coughing. Dr. Birx delicately wipes her eyes with her scarf and blinks repeatedly. Dr. Fauci covers his face with both hands, but his shoulders are shaking- is it laughter? Sobbing?[/I]
Shoebat
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 561 Comments 1 blah blah is offline Edit Tags
Old

Larry Vigus Bridgepoint Full Splice With 8" Extension

Posted 04-26-2020 at 07:49 PM by Snooker Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuesblues View Post
Nice playing Larry Vigus cue with 8" extension
4-point wrapless bridgepoint full splice design
Pristine lightly played condition, straight, terrific playing cue
Flame veneers, fancy joint collar ring with gold diamond inlays
Ebony forearm, birdseye maple back end, white Hoppe ring
Matching extension by Larry Vigus 8"
3/8-10 stainless steel pin, flat face
Shipping & PayPal fees are included
International shipping is a little
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 362 Comments 0 Snooker Theory is offline Edit Tags
Old

mottey , black , nitti

Posted 04-25-2020 at 02:25 PM by Doug

Bet this comment/question is one many of us here asked at one time. Maybe still asking, lol. I have owned a Mottey and presently own two Richard Blacks. Never owned a Nitti but would like to. Sold the Mottey but it was a great cue. After all Paul Mottey made it. One of the Black cues is a Black Baron Custom, and the other a Bushka I ordered from Richard and I had him put the Baron forearm on it and the Hoppe ring on the butt. Just to give it a little different look. My wife and I stopped...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 345 Comments 0 Doug is offline Edit Tags
Old

Tight grain VS straight grain shafts???

Posted 04-22-2020 at 09:49 PM by Snooker Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwon View Post
Hello John, there are many factor's that effect a shafts playability. The difference between tight grain and straight grain is miles apart. First of all, when people talk of straight grain in a shaft they are talking about the growth line that runs the length of the shaft. When people are talking about tight grain they are talking about the number of growth rings a shaft has.

So, when looking at things from this perspective a piece of shaft wood can have both attributes tight grain
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 375 Comments 0 Snooker Theory is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Pool can make it on the "Do Over."

Posted 04-17-2020 at 06:30 AM by 336Robin
Updated 05-13-2020 at 07:47 AM by 336Robin

Pool can make it on the "Do Over."

The remake of Pool depends on.....

If you know me you'll know that I'm a curious person who tries to figure out how things work and such has been my interest in what would make Pool popular again.

After a decade and a half of wondering, talking, hypothesizing there are some things you need to understand about it then the answer is right there.

Pool Players are an independent sort. They won't
Dir Multiverse Earth Ops
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 588 Comments 0 336Robin is offline Edit Tags
Old

~Tascarella~ FANCY Rosewood on Rosewood

Posted 04-15-2020 at 10:52 AM by Snooker Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAST_N_LOOSE View Post
The fanciest Rosewood on Rosewood Tascarella cue (to my knowledge)
This beauty is unique, and rare, and amazingly different...... All aspects of this cue flow together, and make it stand out. Cue has never been chalked, has 2 13mm shafts with ivory ferrules. ALL white on the cue is ivory.

$8900 shipped and insured. Would consider trades for a Gus, or box style cues.

Feel free to reach out with questions, or if you need more pics or info. dcbassguy@hotmail.com
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 396 Comments 0 Snooker Theory is offline Edit Tags
Old

How about "designer cues" instead of custom cues?

Posted 04-15-2020 at 10:38 AM by Snooker Theory
Tags 1"'`--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Armstrong View Post
I've been having numerous discussions with people on the board, and I think I have come up with a way to describe cues, without tagging them as "custom" or "production". I, for the life of me, cannot see ANY difference between a custom cuemaker and a production cuemaker, so I propose the following. Custom cuemakers should call themselves "Designer Cuemakers", and the production cuemakers should call themselves "Line Cuemakers". By the definition I've been
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 408 Comments 0 Snooker Theory is offline Edit Tags
Old

ZAN Pool Cue Tips Inquiry! Taking the "Cloak of Mystery" off of the ZAN cue tips!

Posted 04-12-2020 at 10:46 AM by bbren

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCityCue View Post
I'm looking to get some accurate info from some of my fellow AZers. Can anyone that is really familiar with the Zan Brand cue tips tell me what the differences are between the different types I see out there. Some have a gold logo, some have silver logos with 2 stripes on the perimeter and then I see some "Premier" models that have a silver checkerboard design on the perimeter.

I also see that one of our fellow gold member AZer's with a high rating is selling the newer
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 345 Comments 0 bbren is offline Edit Tags
Page 1 of 50 1 2311 Last »