Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs
Reload this Page HAKurtz
Old

Nowhere to compete!!!

Posted 04-19-2010 at 04:23 PM by HAKurtz

So I feel like its time I start playing in some events! I need to see how i do in a competitive situation. Problem is...none of the rooms close to me have tourneys! There are 2 rooms within 10 minutes from me and about 5 within 30 minutes.

I don't drive and the only place around to play in a tournament is about 40 min by bus from work...not horrible but i just wish there were some closer and not on a Monday ( back to work and im so shot by the time i leave!)

I don't...
Hittin' the tables!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2159 Comments 0 HAKurtz is offline Edit Tags
Old

repost from 14.1 forum! My new high run!!!

Posted 04-10-2010 at 06:48 AM by HAKurtz

Well i finally got some table time tonight!!! I am still a little sick but i needed to get out of this house and play some 14.1!!

Here i am 10:30 at night on a Thursday, My white shirt now blue from chalk after a 4 hour session,and a new HIGH RUN woooohooo!!!

My high run no longer stands at 14....it is now 21!!! yay! I owe a huge help to my hubby Steve for it too! I left myself on the rail for my break shot and somehow hit the ball wrong and the cue went AROUND the...
Hittin' the tables!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2091 Comments 0 HAKurtz is offline Edit Tags
Old

Facebook users...add my new fan page!

Posted 04-04-2010 at 12:14 PM by HAKurtz

Heather's quest to become a great pool player

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hea...9071872?ref=mf
Hittin' the tables!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2050 Comments 0 HAKurtz is offline Edit Tags
Old

copied from froum to blog :) SBE WAS AMAZING!!

Posted 03-23-2010 at 02:55 PM by HAKurtz

My experience at the SBE…..

First off it was such an honor to be involved with the 14.1 challenge. Steve & Charlie did an amazing job! A lot of time & work went into this event. I knew it was going to be awesome but to be honest it exceeded my expectations for sure.I am so proud of both of you for how well this turned out!!

I told the guys on the way home (and yeah this is going to sound so girly) but when they were packing up the car and I walked back to our...
Hittin' the tables!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2157 Comments 0 HAKurtz is offline Edit Tags
Old

Im on a mission

Posted 03-22-2010 at 06:57 PM by HAKurtz

After seeing all the amazing people play this week at SBE i am on a mission to better my game! look out everyone cause not only was i taking score i was taking notes
Hittin' the tables!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2050 Comments 0 HAKurtz is offline Edit Tags
Old

Today is my birthday!

Posted 01-31-2010 at 07:17 PM by HAKurtz

Well i turned 29 today....this give me 365 more days to reach my goal of 30 balls! that is my goal for the year...2 racks. havent done too much lately nothing past 10 balls in a few weeks...I have to stop being so hard on myself and remember i am just starting out so its ok to run 5,6,7 at a time as long as i am doing it right. I got a long road ahead of me and still alot of learning to do! hopefully i can absorb it all into my brian and keep it there!!
Hittin' the tables!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2730 Comments 1 HAKurtz is offline Edit Tags
Old

Great night at league tonight!

Posted 01-20-2010 at 09:02 PM by HAKurtz

I won my first match but lost my second...im okay with the loss. The first match was my high point tho. I played the guy who thinks he is better then everyone, he had to play to 100 i have to play to 18....i won 18-17 LMAO i got to the table 4 times...0 balls, 6 balls, 0 balls, then 12 he ran a rack an a half on me just before my 12...and for the first time ever i left myself a good break shot and was able to make the ball and get into the rack! I was very plesed with myself. The guy who lost...
Hittin' the tables!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1266 Comments 0 HAKurtz is offline Edit Tags
Old

Great run of 14 today!

Posted 01-16-2010 at 09:48 PM by HAKurtz

Wish i had a camera for this one! i was at the pool hall from 12pm-5pm today. did some drills then got into a game.Started off slow...5 balls,
6 balls, 2, 2, 3 lol after i warmed up a bit i seemed to be running 8 9 10 at a time. Much better than i have been running. I took my time really looked at the shots and listened to alot of great advice i got here on the forums!
Then i had a great rack....seemed everything i tried to do...i did right. My draws were on, my control was good...then...
Hittin' the tables!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1265 Comments 0 HAKurtz is offline Edit Tags
Old

i like this blog thing......

Posted 01-11-2010 at 04:02 PM by HAKurtz

it helps me keep up with my progress lol

ran 2 13's yesterday. I really need to work on my cue ball control.....4-5 times my runs ended because i hit the ball too soft afraid of scratching lol...all in time i guess!
Hittin' the tables!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1197 Comments 0 HAKurtz is offline Edit Tags
Old

another 11...

Posted 01-09-2010 at 07:39 PM by HAKurtz

Ok at least i am consistant! another 11 this afternoon, and quite a few 8's. I am pretty proud of how i have been playing since the new year started! Really looking forward to what else i can do!
Hittin' the tables!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1255 Comments 0 HAKurtz is offline Edit Tags
Old

my first blog

Posted 01-09-2010 at 03:44 PM by HAKurtz

So i just started playing 14.1 in the last few months. I really like it so far! I am learning alot and running alot more balls than i ever had!!
Had my high run of 14 about a week ago. Since then i have ran a couple of 11's 12's and
13's...hope this is a sign of good things to come!
Hittin' the tables!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1101 Comments 0 HAKurtz is offline Edit Tags