Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > Snooker Theory
Reload this Page Entries for March 5, 2020
Old

Drill powered repair lathe?

Posted 03-05-2020 at 04:49 PM by Snooker Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Picos View Post
With 2 cheap pillow block bearing you can easily make a set-up really accurate like a lathe.
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 536 Comments 0 Snooker Theory is offline Edit Tags
Old

22 Great Vintage Pool Articles from Sports Illustrated

Posted 03-05-2020 at 04:11 PM by Snooker Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy the beard View Post
I just spent many,many hours gleaning all the top pool articles (22) from the newly released Sports Illustrated archives. They run chronologically from 1954 to 1978 and they include probably the greatest pool article of all-time, Tom Fox's, "A Hustler's Holiday in the Lion's Den," from 1961. The first, and best, Johnston City story. Lots of stories about Fatty, Wimpy, Danny Di, Lisciotti, Buddy, etc. (even me). It will provide hours of pleasurable reading, so sit back, relax and enjoy
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 419 Comments 0 Snooker Theory is offline Edit Tags
Old

22 Great Vintage Pool Articles from Sports Illustrated

Posted 03-05-2020 at 03:39 PM by Snooker Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy the beard View Post
I just spent many,many hours gleaning all the top pool articles (22) from the newly released Sports Illustrated archives. They run chronologically from 1954 to 1978 and they include probably the greatest pool article of all-time, Tom Fox's, "A Hustler's Holiday in the Lion's Den," from 1961. The first, and best, Johnston City story. Lots of stories about Fatty, Wimpy, Danny Di, Lisciotti, Buddy, etc. (even me). It will provide hours of pleasurable reading, so sit back, relax and enjoy
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 416 Comments 0 Snooker Theory is offline Edit Tags
Old

i have a bit of different opinion

Posted 03-05-2020 at 11:48 AM by Snooker Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi2960 View Post
the ph shaft is NOT too stiff to use as a playing shaft imo. it might seen that way to a person if they were playing wth a mooch, or accustom to playing with a real whippy shaft.
now as far as weight, the cue pictured is normal size at joint, has a constant taper and has a 12 3/4 mm tip. the shaft weights 4.01 oz. i have many maple shafts the same size that arer over 4.25 oz.
most players don't like the look, other than that they play just fine if you like a very solid shaft.
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 381 Comments 0 Snooker Theory is offline Edit Tags