Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > Raggedy Andy
Reload this Page Greetings from New Mexico
Rate this Entry

Greetings from New Mexico

Posted 11-12-2009 at 10:35 AM by Raggedy Andy

Hello, everybody.
I joined this site so I might make some new friends and contacts. I have been around the game, off and on (right now it's on) for many years. I grew up watching some of the all time greats play, like Jimmy Moore, and others from that era. I learned much of my fundamentals by playing Jimmy straight pool (a no count spot, of course) many years ago in Albuquerque. After witnessing, over the years, how brutal an environement this arena can be, it is refreshing to see the new generation player's approach to the game. Gone are the days of the soft con, drug use and degeneration of the sport. Pool is bigger and better than ever, but the sponsorship of the game is still lackluster, at best. I am on a quest to promote the game, as best I can, in my small universe, in a positive way. To that end, I am approaching the business world with the idea that involvement in the sport, as sponsors, will help grow the industry, and promote their businesses, as well. I hope to make many friends and contacts here, and if there are other efforts and ideas to elevate our game, I would love to get involved. I look forward to hearing from you all.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1110 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments