Go Back   AzBilliards.com > poolrod
Reload this Page Conversation Between poolrod and Capraycorn1
Conversation Between poolrod and Capraycorn1
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Capraycorn1
    06-03-2016 09:46 AM
    Capraycorn1
    Hey Rod, wondering if you were interested in refreshing another old Mali or 2 for me? Same as before, need to have the finish removed from the butt, new linen, no laminate over linen...plus a new shaft made with the rings on the shaft I have. I have 2 cues/shafts I want to do this with....let me know if you're interested and the pricing.

I had a conversation with another user on here who said he believed the reason my last one broke (butt at the forearm) was because I had you remove the finish from over the wrap. I like it without the laminate, any thoughts on how removing the laminate may affect strength of the cue? I am not real confident in his words due to a few other issues but don't want to lose another cue.

Ray
  2. poolrod
    12-05-2015 02:44 AM
    poolrod
    It would probably have to be sectioned out with a new piece of wood and put back together. Not sure where to get another one.
  3. Capraycorn1
    12-03-2015 05:00 PM
    Capraycorn1
    Hey Poolrod, long time. Question, can a cue forearm be repaired? That Mali you refurbished for me broke in half this week. Never got abused, but I got bumped and it dropped about 2ft (was at a 45 degree angle). I heard the strange sound and knew I just lost the tip, but damn if the forearm didn't break in half. It's right at the base of the points, just under the wrap. I think it's gonna wind up a bastard jump cue but thought I'd ask.

Now, I'm shopping for a Mali T15 if you have a line on any. If/when I find something, I'll reach out to have you touch it up...and remove the laminate over the wrap, I hate that.

Ray
  4. Capraycorn1
    03-06-2014 02:44 PM
    Capraycorn1
    Hey Rod, hope you are doing well, been almost 2 years since I was on AZB and since you refinished the old school mali for me with the new shaft. Lot has changed in my world since then, new house, no wife, no table in the basement etc, but that cue is spectacular. I truly regret not being able to sing your praises until now, but thank you, thank you, thank you. It's now my daily player and gets more compliments than I can mention. Hope to see you on here soon, glad I found my way back, just to drop you this message.