Go Back   AzBilliards.com > John Brumback
Reload this Page Conversation Between John Brumback and Mitchxout
Conversation Between John Brumback and Mitchxout
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1
  1. Mitchxout
    07-08-2014 09:02 AM
    Mitchxout
    John, first of all, thanks for taking the time. When I was learning how to play I watched how the pros did it. Sigel, Hall, Searcy, etc., etc., used outside English on cut shots so that's what I did.

Something I never realized until recently is (because of deflection I assume) I aim for a slight overcut when using outside. So, when I try to shoot center I tend to miss by overcutting.
    However, when I use CJ's touch of inside the balls go straight in. I also like that TOI doesn't overrun position. The aim is thicker and a lot closer to centerball aim.

Truthfully, I don't even know what my question is. I was just wondering if today's pros still use outside on cut shots? Also, I learned to use backhand English before I ever know what it was (thank you internet). My thought is maybe TOI puts my cue in line with the aim line instead of "cross-stroking." Does this make any sense at all?

Thanks so much,

Mitch Mechanic