Lannoo linear lathe

USOpenPlayer

Registered
The new LANNOO LINEAR LATHE is the newest innovative cue builders lathe available. Priced well below comparable units , but has more built-in features. Power feed, perfect center point tapering with pivoting headstock.Tighter tolerances with quality robotic linear track travel. DC motors custom manufactured for our demanding tolerances. Light weight, dust free bedway, 24 pin indexer, heavier duty dual chuck spindle and quick release tool post and bed attachment plates.

Please check our website for more details.

www.lannoolinearlathe.com

>We also develop or improve products for other companies.
>Plastic extrusion and injection molded part quotes upon request.
>Custom-fit pool cues and repairs.

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
The new LANNOO LINEAR LATHE is the newest innovative cue builders lathe available. Priced well below comparable units , but has more built-in features. Power feed, perfect center point tapering with pivoting headstock.Tighter tolerances with quality robotic linear track travel. DC motors custom manufactured for our demanding tolerances. Light weight, dust free bedway, 24 pin indexer, heavier duty dual chuck spindle and quick release tool post and bed attachment plates.

Cool Concept but I do not see any pictures with taper bars, cue between center being tapered, what spindle is used, etc, etc.

rwwsr72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How much are they. I'm kinda throwing the idea a round about buying a lathe.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool Concept but I do not see any pictures with taper bars, cue between center being tapered, what spindle is used, etc, etc.

..............................................................................................
"I do not see any pictures with taper bars"
............................................................................................

This may be why:

"perfect center point tapering with pivoting headstock."

Dale

RBC

Deceased
I think Lexus might have some issues with your logo.

The lathe looks nice. Good luck with your business!

Royce

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
..............................................................................................
"I do not see any pictures with taper bars"
............................................................................................

This may be why:

"perfect center point tapering with pivoting headstock."

Dale

Unless you have one angle only on your taper I guess that would be ok. I don't.

shamadam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pardon my ignorance guys, but are you saying that this machine cannot do a parabolic taper that a shaft has? Just dead straight flat tapers, correct?

Thanks.

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pardon my ignorance guys, but are you saying that this machine cannot do a parabolic taper that a shaft has? Just dead straight flat tapers, correct?

Thanks.

That is a question for the builder/manufacturer. No one here has said they own one yet, so we are just going by the pictures and the way our current lathes work.
They have several pictures on their website.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless you have one angle only on your taper I guess that would be ok. I don't.

Too subtle?

It doesn't use a template to taper, was the answer to your
question.

Even real lathes with taper attachments only do one angle at a time.

Any compond cuts, like a shaft, is actually known as a profile.

Only pool players say taper when they mean profile, or not taper(d),
as in pro taper.

Dale(vice president of language usage)

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Too subtle?

It doesn't use a template to taper, was the answer to your
question.

Even real lathes with taper attachments only do one angle at a time.

Any compond cuts, like a shaft, is actually known as a profile.

Only pool players say taper when they mean profile
, or not taper(d),
as in pro taper.

Dale(vice president of language usage)
And they really mean straight barrel/cylinder, as in NO TAPER.
It drives me nuts.
" I want a 15" pro-taper".
Really? Like 15" with NO TAPER is what you mean.
Like 1.2MM taper in 15" is gonna make you miss balls.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I looked at these lathes some time back when a pic of one first appeared some where.
It has lots of advantages to it.
There certainly is no reason why a taper assembly could not be added to the back side of the machine as a separate entity.
The advantage of doing that with this design of lathe, is that you can tweak the lathes taper to adjust the effect of the taper bar, rather than adjusting one end of the taper bar.
Just another way of doing the same thing.

DD Custom Cues

Cues by Drew
Silver Member

It would be nice to see a YouTube video of this in action with you showing all the functions. How far can the taper be offset? If it can be offset far enough it could probably cut some very nice points with both the headstock and tailstock staying lined up. Looks like a nice machine you should really show more about it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

BSummersCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have personally been to Mr. Lanoos shop to check it out before buying one. Guess what I am sold. This lathe is a beast. I have another lathe I do my shafts on so it won't bother me that doesn't have the shaft profiler bar on it. And as far as tapering butts, this thing looks to be ideal. No possible way to clog the bed to where the carriage slides because it hovers the bed and is moved on robotic bearing track from under the bed. To offset the tail stock you can get the same exact taper and 0 position every time With inserting the set pin. It's hard to describe all the features this thing has. But I don't personally know him only met the guy that one time so don't think I'm some sort of sales rep lol. I'm just being honest that this lathe is amazing and overall a solid machine. If your not buying the lathe because no shaft profiler don't let it stop you. Get creative and make one mounted to your workbench. I'm getting mine hopefully by Friday.

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
I see one on Ebay for $1200.
Its a cue lathe ... tapering shafts s something best done on a dedicated machine like the Unique Taper Shapper or a CNC machine.

I was very interested in purchasing your cue repair lathe but when I searched for your business it returned a link to AZ Billiards.
When I used that link to click on your website you wanted to add things to my browser.
I switched to an Apple browser and tried again.
All kind of alerts and alarms came up.
Why do you want to download add ons to my computer for me to see you website.
At this point Ill pass on your products.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I see one on Ebay for $1200.
Its a cue lathe ... tapering shafts s something best done on a dedicated machine like the Unique Taper Shapper or a CNC machine.

I was very interested in purchasing your cue repair lathe but when I searched for your business it returned a link to AZ Billiards.
When I used that link to click on your website you wanted to add things to my browser.
I switched to an Apple browser and tried again.
All kind of alerts and alarms came up.
Why do you want to download add ons to my computer for me to see you website.
At this point Ill pass on your products.
Taking a pass on a lathe that does not even exist anymore is kinda easy