Ball cleaner project

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Oh no? Try building an iPhone and let’s see if they consider it intellectual property. Just buy the damn ball cleaner. So many threads here with people building their own ball cleaners when it’s obviously a copy of something that is on the market. I really don’t care. But, this is how things start.

Like I said enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums
You really don't know what you're talking about here... logical is correct....Reproducing "intellectual property" is not illegal. Distributing it, is.

OP built it by himself, for himself. No harm no foul.....until he builds one for me!!!😉

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
You are missing the point.

What is your point? You've never really said it. Are you just jealous that someone has enough skills to build a polisher that isn't a bucket? Are you here to play IP police? Don't you have something better to be doing, like practicing bank shots or something?

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is your point? You've never really said it. Are you just jealous that someone has enough skills to build a polisher that isn't a bucket? Are you here to play IP police? Don't you have something better to be doing, like practicing bank shots or something?

When I get settled down here in a place where I can respond appropriately I will. Takes so much energy to explain simple things to simple people. No wonder people are leaving this forum in droves.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are going off in crazy directions because your arguement has no merit. I can build an entire house full of exact copies of every product I own and there is zero anyone can say or do about it if it is for my own use. He's not selling them, not putting the Diamond logo on it and there is nothing more to say. Hasn't anyone ever told you that when you find yourself in a deep hole, step one is stop digging.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
He could even copy them exactly, and sell them commercially, and there would be zero legal problems. Patent's are 15-17 years, and the polisher has been around longer than that (assuming they ever even got a patent). And every product builds on another. Don't assume for a second the diamond polisher did not borrow ideas from other polishers.

But besides all that, this is a really nice job the OP did on his polisher. Bravo.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
When I get settled down here in a place where I can respond appropriately I will. Takes so much energy to explain simple things to simple people. No wonder people are leaving this forum in droves.

So you make it a habit of responding inappropriately before you respond appropriately? huh?.... YOU started with this "isn't this intellectual theft" stuff, then posted many times after that going in the same direction so it sounded to me like you were making your intention and -appropriation- of your thoughts VERY clear. If I were you I'd just drop it...

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you make it a habit of responding inappropriately before you respond appropriately? huh?.... YOU started with this "isn't this intellectual theft" stuff, then posted many times after that going in the same direction so it sounded to me like you were making your intention and -appropriation- of your thoughts VERY clear. If I were you I'd just drop it...

Yawn

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, so since everyone is so interested in my response here we go. Also for those that can’t seem to understand my tardiness in responding it wasn’t because I have nothing to say its just that during the shit storm from the ass monkeys I was on a 300 mile drive with the family. So it wasn’t exactly the best time to be typing away on my phone. Get it? I doubt it.

Here is my point...as the OP stated “Mostly similar to diamond, proven product so sense re inventing”. Ah...no shit! That is the point. Someone happened to spend months or maybe even a year thinking then building prototypes of the Diamond Ball Cleaner. It is the best on the market without a doubt. The OP decided to post his copy of the product. Good for him. What exactly was he trying to say by posting it? Wasn’t building it enough or did he need the approval of others to solidify how well he can copy someone else’s product? At the very least he could have improved on the timing circuit and with any business sense at all could have sold that as an aftermarket product to those individuals and pool rooms that own them. That would be something. But, I fail to see how copying a product has much skill. I guess the fact that he decided to use different wood and trim it up to his liking has merit. For that I gave him credit if you see my original response.

Now whether it is legal or not is not even the point. It’s just flagrant copying and without a doubt. It’s unfortunate that cyber clowns have poor reading comprehension and tend to go off on tangents because they are wearing their masks to long. So I don’t fault them too much.

Chili Powder, Foreskin’s and Illogical have a habit of getting involved in conversations and bash people. That’s just who they are. Can’t expect much from these forums anymore. To the OP, I recommend getting out of this scene as soon as possible. You are outnumbered by idiots. You can never be right. If you say something good they will try to fry you and if you say something negative they will certainly fry you. It’s a no win situation powered by people that have low IQ’s and huge opinions.

Now you would think that I would learn by now that you don’t feed the monkeys. So this will be the last time. I will feed them this last time and let them throw shit at each other. That is what they do best by the way.

I am actually surprised by Foreskins response considering he is actually in the market. Foreskins probably hasn’t had any intellectual property stolen from him because lets be honest, who the hell wants to steal one of those lame designs that he has convinced Josey to make. They look and play like petrified dog shit. Although there may be some that enjoy petrified dog shit I am not one and I am pretty sure most are not. Which is the reason those cues get about $12.00 in the market place. He does however know how to use all CAPS very effectively. I can honestly say I was intimidated when I read his words of wisdom. I wish he could read and comprehend as well as he emphasizes one syllable words. Obviously has great oral skills and has a special interest in ball cleaning products. Which brings me to another point, foreskins do you still use turpentine to clean your balls or have you gone back to Muriatic Acid and 50% water? Small balls are just not hereditary you can actually over clean your balls causing premature wear. I will now relent and let the monkeys get back to the shit show. I see no more need in drawing attention to the short comings of our valuable members that contribute so much to our pool playing community.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, one last think. I fully expect to be banned so you are not really doing anything by reporting me. It’s anticipated.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, one last think. I fully expect to be banned so you are not really doing anything by reporting me. It’s anticipated.

Nothing you said is ban worthy IMO. You stated your opinion, and that is ok. I stated mine, and that is ok. The others stated theirs, and that's ok. Life goes on:)

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is my point...as the OP stated “Mostly similar to diamond, proven product so sense re inventing”. Ah...no shit! That is the point. Someone happened to spend months or maybe even a year thinking then building prototypes of the Diamond Ball Cleaner. It is the best on the market without a doubt. The OP decided to post his copy of the product. Good for him. What exactly was he trying to say by posting it? Wasn’t building it enough or did he need the approval of others to solidify how well he can copy someone else’s product? At the very least he could have improved on the timing circuit and with any business sense at all could have sold that as an aftermarket product to those individuals and pool rooms that own them. That would be something. But, I fail to see how copying a product has much skill. I guess the fact that he decided to use different wood and trim it up to his liking has merit. For that I gave him credit if you see my original response.
So your point was not to call him a thief, just to belittle his lack of skill? Is that accurate?

"What exactly was he trying to say by posting it? Wasn’t building it enough or did he need the approval of others to solidify how well he can copy someone else’s product?"

Why did you post your comment? Looking for the approval of others? His posts in this thread have helped me, and I assume others. Objectively this makes the world a better place. Your posts in this thread have helped no-one, and wasted people's time needlessly, making the world objectively worse.

I find it amazing that you have the balls to mock his creation when It's obvious you've never created anything worthwhile in your life. Maybe the next time you feel the urge to needlessly criticize the accomplishments of others, spend that energy improving yourself instead.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Thindick, it's a wooden box with a motor mounted inside.

Let's not act like diamond has cured cancer with it.

GFY, I'm out.
LOL!!!!!! "Thindick"!!!!!.... Now THAT'S some funny stuff right there!!!😂

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, so since everyone is so interested in my response here we go. Also for those that can’t seem to understand my tardiness in responding it wasn’t because I have nothing to say its just that during the shit storm from the ass monkeys I was on a 300 mile drive with the family. So it wasn’t exactly the best time to be typing away on my phone. Get it? I doubt it.

Now whether it is legal or not is not even the point. It’s just flagrant copying and without a doubt. It’s unfortunate that cyber clowns have poor reading comprehension and tend to go off on tangents because they are wearing their masks to long. So I don’t fault them too much.

Chili Powder, Foreskin’s and Illogical have a habit of getting involved in conversations and bash people. That’s just who they are. Can’t expect much from these forums anymore. To the OP, I recommend getting out of this scene as soon as possible. You are outnumbered by idiots. You can never be right. If you say something good they will try to fry you and if you say something negative they will certainly fry you. It’s a no win situation powered by people that have low IQ’s and huge opinions.

Now you would think that I would learn by now that you don’t feed the monkeys. So this will be the last time. I will feed them this last time and let them throw shit at each other. That is what they do best by the way.

I am actually surprised by Foreskins response considering he is actually in the market. Foreskins probably hasn’t had any intellectual property stolen from him because lets be honest, who the hell wants to steal one of those lame designs that he has convinced Josey to make. They look and play like petrified dog shit. Although there may be some that enjoy petrified dog shit I am not one and I am pretty sure most are not. Which is the reason those cues get about $12.00 in the market place. He does however know how to use all CAPS very effectively. I can honestly say I was intimidated when I read his words of wisdom. I wish he could read and comprehend as well as he emphasizes one syllable words. Obviously has great oral skills and has a special interest in ball cleaning products. Which brings me to another point, foreskins do you still use turpentine to clean your balls or have you gone back to Muriatic Acid and 50% water? Small balls are just not hereditary you can actually over clean your balls causing premature wear. I will now relent and let the monkeys get back to the shit show. I see no more need in drawing attention to the short comings of our valuable members that contribute so much to our pool playing community.

You need some help.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You really don't know what you're talking about here... logical is correct....Reproducing "intellectual property" is not illegal. Distributing it, is.

OP built it by himself, for himself. No harm no foul.....until he builds one for me!!!😉
He will need to do it for free.

It is decided.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lol. You really dig your heels in on this one, didn't you?

You do acknowledge the distinction between reproducing for personal use, vs. profit?