What size led bulbs

brigeton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a traditional 3 bulb light over a 8' table. I have the compact florescent in it now & they could be a little brighter. What size led bulbs should I get?

TrevorB

Registered

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I have a traditional 3 bulb light over a 8' table. I have the compact florescent in it now & they could be a little brighter. What size led bulbs should I get?
I have these globe lights in 100 watt - really diffuse the light, they're excellent.

Doug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have Diamonds table light which has six 8' fluorescent bulbs. Any instructions on how to replace them with LED bulbs? My bulbs are single pole. Recommendation on LED bulb specs?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I have Diamonds table light which has six 8' fluorescent bulbs. Any instructions on how to replace them with LED bulbs? My bulbs are single pole. Recommendation on LED bulb specs?
Doug,

I would suggest sticking with fluorescents or replacing the guts with an 8'LED fixture.

I had a light in my office with four 4 foot fluorescents. I used LED replacements. They worked fine but they blew out the ballast in two years. I had to throw out the fixture and bought a new LED with the c8 bulbs.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have same 3 light setup over 8 foot table. An old Lite Beer light from the 80's.
I was using 3 Cree 10 watt LED daylight but then moved up to the Cree 12 watt LED's.
The 10 watts were giving me 627 lux on the center felt, the 12 watts give me 782 lux as measured by my light meter.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... The 10 watts were giving me 627 lumens on the center felt, the 12 watts give me 782 lumens.
I think you meant "lux". Lumens gives the total light output. Lux says how many lumens you get per square foot on the table surface.

Here is a long thread intended to be a resource for billiard-related lighting questions:

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you meant "lux". Lumens gives the total light output. Lux says how many lumens you get per square foot on the table surface.

Here is a long thread intended to be a resource for billiard-related lighting questions:

Made the change. Thanks Bob.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm using this kind of LED bulbs for my table. Pretty happy with them.

IMG_20210102_101228.jpg
IMG_20210102_101305.jpg
IMG_20210102_101249.jpg

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They sell an 8' to 4' lamp conversion kit. Home Depot even sells a kit with 4 4' led lamps included.

289FIA

I see a lot of variation in HEIGHT ABOVE TABLE PLAYING SURFACE recommendations for lights. I have an 8' Diamond furniture model pending delivery .. and I built a light box with 4 * 4' LED tubes that have a total of 7500 LUMENS. Diamond recommends a light box height of 76" above the floor .. and I see a lot of recommendations for 40" above table height (table 32" + 40" = 72"). Any comments regarding optimal light height above the playing surface? Will be installing my light box next week. Thanks .. cannot wait.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man those look perfect for my fixture. I might have to give those a try. I’m noticing some distribution problems. I think I could raise the fixture a few inches and install those LEDs. Do you have a link?
975f86dc22274be2a40d0f25a2db1adf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is one link, however check the better offer for you and best shipping time (just search for those key words). I got mine from Ali.

289FIA

Finally got the light box hung .. even though the billiard room addition is still a construction site - ran temporary power to test the luminosity. Perfect.

Attachments

• Testing light box at night.jpg
    Testing light box at night.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Billiard Room with Light Box.jpg
    Billiard Room with Light Box.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 49