1 per person? nope.. 1 per household.

OldManOfTheSea

Registered
Hello all,

As I understand things, there is a policy of one AZBilliards account per person. Due to a recent medical issue and the bad snowstorm in the northeast, my nephew has come to stay with me for a few days. I have spent the better part of two days telling him how great the content is on the site and how nice the people are. Well, he finally pulled the trigger and signed up to join. Denied. He signed up again thinking he had made a mistake. Denied. He wrote to the admin asking what the issue is and was told that he already had an account. Thinking that he may have signed up for an account the last time he had come to visit me for a few days, he scoured the computer for any record of an account. And then read over the site terms and conditions. That's where the kicker is. It's not one account per person, it's one account per household because it's based on your ip address. Absolutely horrible. What happens when you have two pool aficionados in the same house? Only one can have an account? Husband and wife can only have one? Parent and child can only have one? Or in our case.. uncle and nephew can only have one account? How is this supposed to work? I had him reach out to Mike yesterday but he still hasn't heard anything back. What a waste. So, I guess he will just have to wait until he gets back home in a couple days and sign up in his own house. What a waste of time and effort.

Al

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all,

As I understand things, there is a policy of one AZBilliards account per person. Due to a recent medical issue and the bad snowstorm in the northeast, my nephew has come to stay with me for a few days. I have spent the better part of two days telling him how great the content is on the site and how nice the people are. Well, he finally pulled the trigger and signed up to join. Denied. He signed up again thinking he had made a mistake. Denied. He wrote to the admin asking what the issue is and was told that he already had an account. Thinking that he may have signed up for an account the last time he had come to visit me for a few days, he scoured the computer for any record of an account. And then read over the site terms and conditions. That's where the kicker is. It's not one account per person, it's one account per household because it's based on your ip address. Absolutely horrible. What happens when you have two pool aficionados in the same house? Only one can have an account? Husband and wife can only have one? Parent and child can only have one? Or in our case.. uncle and nephew can only have one account? How is this supposed to work? I had him reach out to Mike yesterday but he still hasn't heard anything back. What a waste. So, I guess he will just have to wait until he gets back home in a couple days and sign up in his own house. What a waste of time and effort.

Al

Sign up on your phone or his phone or outside of the house. Any place with wifi you can connect to will work. If you want to do it from a computer in the house, create a hotspot on a phone, connect the computer to that hotspot and you have a different IP.

It's done to prevent spammers and multi-accounts from people that were banned. It's not because the site admins don't like you and wanted you to spend 20 minutes trying to sign in.

Last edited:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all,

Al
Hey friend I "reported" your post in hopes a moderator can help resolve this issue for you and the nephew.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Rule from Kindergarten: "The good will suffer with the bad." This is a regretable rule imposed upon all of us because some idiots continue to act like idiots. After all these years, the www police should have come up with a better method of control, but . . . Just chalk it up, and tell your nephew to keep the faith.

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never understood why a person would want multiple usernames unless it's to run some sort of a con on the for sale items forum.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never understood why a person would want multiple usernames unless it's to run some sort of a con on the for sale items forum.

Mental issues and the need to blurt stuff out of ones head that can't be controlled. A slight version of obsessive compulsive disorder combined with low level autism (if any of you watched Monk, similar to that but not to that level).

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How did Justin beat the system?

Any VPN service will give you a new IP, a lot of people use those to get around restrictions. Say when we want to watch a pool stream limited to Europe or something. They are used in places like China and other areas to try to get around restrictions placed by the government and some services like Netflix that are not available in all countries.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
1st world old peoples problems. Gotta learn to ask before ya bitch. (y)

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mental issues and the need to blurt stuff out of ones head that can't be controlled. A slight version of obsessive compulsive disorder combined with low level autism (if any of you watched Monk, similar to that but not to that level).
My mental issues all fit within the confines of one username. These people have some really serious issues. Multiple username disorder.