Cue Caps by Alton for my Tascarella

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Always a pleasure to deal with my friend, Alton Takata. His attention to detail and drive to deliver excellence is a gift.
We worked with the Tascarella shop to get veneer pieces & thick NS rings for the project. They were very accommodating & friendly.
Alton included a number of design, and of course material, elements that represent what will be built into the cue. He also did a LOT of work in inscription design for the various individual pieces - including the top piece that honors my retirement in 2021 after a 41 yr career. The Tascarella cue (be a while before it's finished), and the accompanying Cue Caps, are my retirement present to myself.
The work done by fine craftsman such as the Tascarellas & Alton is unequivocal, and it's a joy to be part of bringing it to being.
My Tasc Cue Caps Presentation Picture.jpg

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice. Can you explain I get the 4 shafts but there seems to be 3 butt cap ones
The top 3 images are the main show cap for the butt from different perspectives.
Bottom center is an “everyday use” butt cap with commemorative retirement engraving in the top over ebony with a standard thick NS ring.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The top 3 images are the main show cap for the butt from different perspectives.
Bottom center is an “everyday use” butt cap with commemorative retirement engraving in the top over ebony with a standard thick NS ring.

Ahh they are gorgeous probably cost a fortune.

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice seeing Alton back in the game.
One of the best at making these customs.
Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing the cue.

Myron

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice seeing Alton back in the game.
One of the best at making these customs.
Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing the cue.

Myron
Per Alton... He’s really not actually starting back up. He just chooses special projects to do for old friends. I’m just fortunate to be counted among them👍
Clearly, he still does super work when he feels moved to ply his craft😉
I look forward to having cue and caps all together!! Will post when that time comes.
Thanks for your kind words.

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Per Alton... He’s really not actually starting back up. He just chooses special projects to do for old friends. I’m just fortunate to be counted among them👍
Clearly, he still does super work when he feels moved to ply his craft😉
I look forward to having cue and caps all together!! Will post when that time comes.
Thanks for your kind words.
I will catch up with Alton again soon as I still consider him a good friend.
Good chance I may have 10 sets of his caps and I cherish all of them.
I enjoy seeing his designs and workmanship thus my comment about him being back to working his magic.

Looking forward to seeing the Pete’s work.

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Congratulations on your retirement Chris. Hope its like mine. I don’t know how I ever had time to work! 😂
Love your caps and I can’t wait to see your cue.
Take care buddy.

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Congratulations on your retirement Chris. Hope its like mine. I don’t know how I ever had time to work! 😂
Love your caps and I can’t wait to see your cue.
Take care buddy.
Thanks, Bob. Hope you’re enjoying the Olney.
Those are becoming a different commodity as he nears retirement.
Stay healthy and happy!