Mark Wilson's New Book

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Over the years I never practiced with drills...I hate/hated them. I just would practice the shots I missed that cost me money. Since reading Mark's book I can see where drills can make me a better player. I believe that a lot of "C" and "B" players that buy the book and follow it to a tee will become "A" players soon. I honestly believe this. I'm glad this book was not around when I had my part time job of hustling. Johnnyt

Althair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's three videos on YouTube running 62 minutes total that do go over Mark's stance recommendation. 2 interesting tips. First toe and foot do not step on shooting line but right next to it (toe) instead. Next try setting up against a wall with cue flush to wall (except room for fingers)....wall represents shooting line.....obviously your toe can't cross the line, can't penetrate the wall.

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just ordered mine. I watched the YouTube videos a year or so ago and they helped my game a lot. Can't wait to read the book.

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My copy arrived just now. WOW! I was not prepared for the absolute quality of the thing - layout, materials, color, graphics, all of it.

Just a quality piece of work, and I haven't even started reading it yet.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
This thread is many years old. Mark's book, which was excellent upon its release, remains excellent, and those who don't own a copy should buy one. His book has and will continue to stand the test of time.

What has changed since this thread is Mark Wilson himself, who has further distinguished himself as one of pool's greatest figures. He is not just a legendary instructor, a great author and a superior commentator, but he is now a three time Mosconi Cup coach, the architect of a college scholarship program for billiards in Missouri, and one of American pool's greatest ambassadors. Mark has aged like a fine wine.

289FIA

Just received my copy. I am a beginner level player .. actually haven't played since high school 60 years ago. So that would make me a 74 year old beginner .. waiting for my Diamond table to be installed next week. First heard Mark's name a few weeks ago when I got the Jerry Briesath CD "A Pool Lesson" ... in which Mark is the guy doing most of the shooting. Being somewhat of an analyst and using research materials for background in both work . .and hobbies .. I can state that the book I received .. and Marks instructions on HOW TO USE the book for specific skill levels of player .. greatly surpassed my expectation when I ordered the book. A lesson from a quality instructor is $100 an hour. This book literally has hundreds of hours (or more) of meaningful, highly researched materials, on topics not covered in depth elsewhere. Book is a bargain in my opinion and I am grateful that a copy was still available as it is a book that might not be re-published with great frequency due to the limited market.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just received my copy. I am a beginner level player .. actually haven't played since high school 60 years ago. So that would make me a 74 year old beginner .. waiting for my Diamond table to be installed next week. First heard Mark's name a few weeks ago when I got the Jerry Briesath CD "A Pool Lesson" ... in which Mark is the guy doing most of the shooting. Being somewhat of an analyst and using research materials for background in both work . .and hobbies .. I can state that the book I received .. and Marks instructions on HOW TO USE the book for specific skill levels of player .. greatly surpassed my expectation when I ordered the book. A lesson from a quality instructor is $100 an hour. This book literally has hundreds of hours (or more) of meaningful, highly researched materials, on topics not covered in depth elsewhere. Book is a bargain in my opinion and I am grateful that a copy was still available as it is a book that might not be re-published with great frequency due to the limited market.

I just talked to Mark yesterday.

He is as passionate as ever and has much good knowledge.

Lou Figueroa