Why are you up at 5am?

brigeton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope this is not regarded as a Jamie Lion question but I'm curious. There are a few people on here at 5am. Myself I am a morning person after getting up early for work for years and still have the habit as I like to go fishing early if the weathers good.
So, are you up early or haven't you gone to bed?

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
When I worked it was 2nd shift and I'd be up after for most of the night. Haven't adjusted still after 4 years. I usually end up going to sleep between 8am-10am and wake up between 3-6pm.

terpdad

Registered
I'm a morning person & work out before work. Plus, my dog has lymphoma & often has to go out in the middle of the night, so I'm sleeping on the couch & couldn't sleep in if I wanted to.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I hope this is not regarded as a Jamie Lion question but I'm curious. There are a few people on here at 5am. Myself I am a morning person after getting up early for work for years and still have the habit as I like to go fishing early if the weathers good.
Because not everyone is in your time zone? 5am is 10am in England.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Same here. I've been a remote employee for 20 years so I get up at 5ish, coffee, ease into day surfing. I also fish so that makes it easy. Challenge is though that I fish a lot of quarries in a float tube and the best fishing is at night which forces an afternoon nap. ;)

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because that’s when all the good shit happens. The best beer I’ve ever had was at about 4:30am after throwing a cast net for almost two hours because some SOB stole our bait before a king fish tournament. And a cigar at sunrise out on the dock with a cup of coffee is pretty damn good too.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Probably a time zone thing as much as people actually on AZB at 5am.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't think of that. Dumb question I guess.
There are no dumb questions, only poorly thought out inquiries. Hope that helps.
I can't go to sleep until about 5 am most days . For whatever reason , my pain levels are much higher at night. The reall excitement haens when I miss a sleep cycle {can]t go to sleep all night , then awake all the next day and night, That seems to be when I post most of my inflammatory rants and pathetic attempts at humor.

dquarasr

Registered
Now that I am an old fart (previously I was just a fart), I go to sleep at 8:30-10:00pm, sleep 3-5 hours, wake up between 1am and 4am, stay up a few hours, then maybe fall back to sleep around 5am and wake up again around 7am. Slide these windows a few hours in either direction and yes, it’s entirely possible I’m up surfing this and other sites at 4 or 5am.

EDIT: US Eastern time zone

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Some chuckles and a lot of truth in these replies. I don't do the four or five AM thing as much as I used to, it is usually due to my lack of ability to sleep. After awhile you start noticing the people on the same time cycle as you and talk back and forth to them more. I kind of consider them the early morning gang, in a good way.

As a teenager and young man I had a chow dog, maybe the smartest dog I have ever owned. Five days a week I had to roll out at five AM, weekends I should have been able to sleep late. Naah, the chow had run of my bed. He would get in my face and huff when the alarm didn't go off. If that didn't work a bark or roar from less than six inches away from my face left no doubt I was faking being asleep. All the marvels of intelligence I could tell about this dog, I know damned well he understood weekends, he didn't care!

Hu

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to wake the roosters up so they can cock-a-doodle-do. After that I get on Azbilliards.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are no dumb questions, only poorly thought out inquiries. Hope that helps.
I can't go to sleep until about 5 am most days . For whatever reason , my pain levels are much higher at night. The reall excitement haens when I miss a sleep cycle {can]t go to sleep all night , then awake all the next day and night, That seems to be when I post most of my inflammatory rants and pathetic attempts at humor.
Me too. Always been a natural ‘night owl’. When forced to schedule morning Dr.’s appointments, I actually have to practice getting up (a little earlier each day) for a month ahead of time, or no alarm clock volume could suffice (it’s as if I was glued to the bedsheets). I have slept through tornado & lightning strikes, and my only smoke alarm is on the wall above my headboard. For some reason, my sleep/day cycle runs to 25/26 hrs., instead of the normal 24, like with most everyone else. On those nights when I can’t get to sleep at all, I just stay up all the next day and get to bed early, but I usually wind up sleeping for 14 hours, and am right back to staying up until 5-6 am again.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I get up around 5 AM to take a piss. Okay, so now you know. :)