Kevin Varney Cues.

NOT2SHARKLIKE

The Bird That Is Big
This all started in the Fall/winter of 2010 while I was deployed to Afghanistan. I picked up a Varney player from a member on here and had it shipped over to me so I had something nice to play pool with while deployed. I was about a month or so out from getting to leave and head back home from my deployment. I had many conversations with Mr. Varney about sending my cue to him to have refinished and have a matching jump/break built. He received my player roughly around 15feb2012. from then on communication was pretty tough I know he wasn't in the greatest of health. well to shorten this story I was never reunited with any of the cues that I sent him/paid for along with my case and few little other odds and ends that were in the case. my biggest question is did anyone else have this happen or have you since seen your cues on the forum being owned by anyone else. was anyone in this same situation able to track down there belongings. I have had a few other threads about this and I know we are 10 ten years down the road now all my other threads kind of went off the rails just wanted to see if anyone has had any luck getting their things back after the passing of Mr. Varney.

Attachments

• cues.jpg
    cues.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 240

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This all started in the Fall/winter of 2010 while I was deployed to Afghanistan. I picked up a Varney player from a member on here and had it shipped over to me so I had something nice to play pool with while deployed. I was about a month or so out from getting to leave and head back home from my deployment. I had many conversations with Mr. Varney about sending my cue to him to have refinished and have a matching jump/break built. He received my player roughly around 15feb2012. from then on communication was pretty tough I know he wasn't in the greatest of health. well to shorten this story I was never reunited with any of the cues that I sent him/paid for along with my case and few little other odds and ends that were in the case. my biggest question is did anyone else have this happen or have you since seen your cues on the forum being owned by anyone else. was anyone in this same situation able to track down there belongings. I have had a few other threads about this and I know we are 10 ten years down the road now all my other threads kind of went off the rails just wanted to see if anyone has had any luck getting their things back after the passing of Mr. Varney.
He's been gone long enough to be honest now without hurting feelings. He did a lot of shady things in his last years. I was living in the same general area as he was and heard many stories just like yours. He strung along a lot of people, made a lot of promises, and knowingly screwed over a lot of people.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't see the rings in your pictures, but there is a similar looking merry window Varney that is currently for sale:

Last edited:

NOT2SHARKLIKE

The Bird That Is Big
While I hate it for you, my advice is just to move along and chalk it up as a loss.

10 years is a long time. Luckily it wasn't a huge amount of loss.

Ken
Yeah was never really expecting to get anything out of the post. Just wanted to see if anyone else had the same thing happen and later they had seen their cue in someone else’s possession. I chalked it up as loss about 9 years ago. I’m out about $1600 including the case. Not the biggest hit would love to be able to play with again though.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
You are a nitty nut hugger.... but that is okay.

I scrape stuff like you off my shoes.

Nit
You should take your own advise and move on because clearly you haven't. Happy I could make your blood pressure go up.

I'm not sure how it makes me a nut hugger?

I just pointed out how you don't take your own advise and go berserk whenever you hear Showmans name.

Showman
Showman
Showman
Showman
Showman
Showman

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Easy there Francis
You are a nitty nut hugger.... but that is okay.

I scrape stuff like you off my shoes.

Nit

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should take your own advise and move on because clearly you haven't. Happy I could make your blood pressure go up.

I'm not sure how it makes me a nut hugger?

I just pointed out how you don't take your own advise and go berserk whenever you hear Showmans name.

Showman
Showman
Showman
Showman
Showman
Showman

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Easy there Franci
Just a nit keyboard warrior.

You have nothing and will never be anything.

Just be your brave self behind the keyboard. Living in your double wide at the trailer park.

Nit.

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Just a nit keyboard warrior.

You have nothing and will never be anything.

Just be your brave self behind the keyboard. Living in your double wide at the trailer park.

Nit.
You are truly psycho. You are the one who attacked me, maybe you missed the 🙂 on my post but I really don't give a shit at this point you nutbag.

You are the keyboard warrior, I said nothing in my original post that would warrant your idiotic response. Now I live in a double wide, have nothing, and am a keyboard warrior? 🤣🤣🤣

You are pathetic!

Edit to add: I'm also a Nit lololol

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
when you screw people who put a trust in you . you are apiece of sh**t when you are alive, and when dead one day, or dead 10 years. and if you know where he was buried pissing on his grave would be apropos.

NOT2SHARKLIKE

The Bird That Is Big
when you screw people who put a trust in you . you are apiece of sh**t when you are alive, and when dead one day, or dead 10 years. and if you know where he was buried pissing on his grave would be apropos.
It’s a bum deal no matter how you look at it. It would have been cool to get a my stuff back from him it was going to be my first set of custom cues that I had made for my self kinda a deployment gift to myself.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Take a valium, no one died except him

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
unlike you i dont need drugs to confront things in life. and with a pilots license you shouldn't be using drugs as per the law.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
unlike you i dont need drugs to confront things in life. and with a pilots license you shouldn't be using drugs as per the law.
My goodness another know it all about everyone and everything. The only
thing I fly are cars ON THE TRACK