Danny Green, RIP

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I first learned of Danny back when I started going to USA Billiards in Laurel, MD. I still miss that room! He was amazing to watch. Highly entertaining, energetic and creative, and always had a funny story. A fierce and fearless gambler, he was feared himself by many. I remember watching him lock horns with Chris Comstock back in the day.

Danny used to play me straight pool for fun. We would play to 100 points, but his first 50 was "no-count"...and he still beat me a couple of times! I was pretty bad back then, but what really made it fun was that he would heckle me along the way, and he was so funny I couldn't stop from laughing whilst trying to shoot. If there was ever a likeable guy in pool, he would be the poster child.

As mentioned earlier, he founded Planet Pool and it was really something back in the day. He once hosted a 1P tournament at Champions Billiards in Laurel, MD...which became Sidepockets but has long since closed its doors.

There are many would miss him. He was great for the game.

VIProfessor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh man!!! I just learned of this!!! I met Danny a few years ago back at First Break in Sterling, VA. I was only in town for a week, and after an afternoon of hitting balls I was sitting around trading pool stories with some of the players, and it came out that this was THE Danny Green. Really cool guy and a great player! He will be missed!!