Please help out a pool legend

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
A couple of members of onepocket.org have offered to MATCH donations from onepocket.org members to the fund. If you are a member both here and at onepocket.org then post in the thread over there and your donation will get matched (up to 1500 cap but looking for more members to add to the match cap). We just started to do the match and have matched 400 already. Go Danny!! And THANK YOU to those of you who are dual members!! If you already donated, but your are willing to donate a similar amount again, we will match your total donation :)

Danny also is our senior member of the One Pocket Hall of Fame!

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jerry Forsyth helped Danny with a book called "Road Player: The Danny DiLiberto Story": https://www.amazon.com/Road-Player-Danny-Diliberto-Story/dp/1887956263

There was a ProPoolVideo called "Old Schoolin' with Danny DiLiberto," and I cannot locate that.

I did his Wiki page, but Google bots removed the photos because they were not mine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_DiLiberto

Danny DiLiberto was in the pool headlines when the story of his life appeared in Sports Illustrated. It was entitled "Easy Times the Hard Way." Pool writer Bob Mullen described the SI article as: Loaded with truisms that have dogged the pool player for years and shows the seamy side of civilization for its recognition of chiselers from all other walks of life and its lack of respect for the man who uses a pool cue to earn his living. Sports Illustrated surprises us every once in a while with a shot on the pool scene. Danny D's creed: It's impossible to figure. You have to figure out suckers, then you have to worry about what will make them quit. You have to worry about the knockers, the eyeballers, and the sweaters. Those are the guys that just watch. They sit there and whisper to a guy that he can't beat you and the guy quits. Read more here: https://vault.si.com/vault/1977/08/08/easy-times-the-hard-way
Thanks for the link. I just ordered the book.

Reactions: JAM

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Donated and shared! I was super fortunate to meet a lot of people at the DCCs I attended. I met Danny D, Grady, Squirrel Carpenter, Jeanette Lee, and many more across the two DCCs I attended. Danny D has been great to listen to and definitely deserves our support.

ImaPoolnut

I'm just a PoolNut
Silver Member
A couple of members of onepocket.org have offered to MATCH donations from onepocket.org members to the fund. If you are a member both here and at onepocket.org then post in the thread over there and your donation will get matched (up to 1500 cap but looking for more members to add to the match cap). We just started to do the match and have matched 400 already. Go Danny!! And THANK YOU to those of you who are dual members!! If you already donated, but your are willing to donate a similar amount again, we will match your total donation :)

Danny also is our senior member of the One Pocket Hall of Fame!
Thanks Steve,

You've always been a top notch person and you've been in this arena a very long time yourself and I'm sure you'll agree that it's very, very difficult for these legendary players from a day when pool was much more respectable to even make a basic living anymore.

Danny has been fortunate enough to be able to flourish on his long standing relationship with Pat Flemming and the Accu-Stats commentaries but even now I hear more and more guys who complain about Danny's commentating, he's slow, he gets the ball colors wrong, etc.

Let me just say this, if these guys can't be tolerant to the issues they complain about then let them go watch the free streams and don't bother listening to the wisdom, experience and humor that a legend who's been in the business most of his 86 years of life brings to the table.
You won't know what your missing until it's gone!

I forwarded your generous post to Danny's daughter who I've been working with to promote his situation and she was really happy to hear about it.

Thank you again for all your support of our great game and for the great guys who put 1Pocket on the map.

Last edited:

middleofnowhere

Registered
Any updates on how Danny is doing is health and so on. The go fund me looks like it did pretty good and I'm sure that got him out of a few problems.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
on some utube somewhere

danny’s commentary partner mentions eklent kaci’s neck tattoo. asks danny how he feels about it. danny says, oh, we never got tattoos because then you’re easier to be identified by the police. i knew one guy who was gonna rob the bank. he was standing in line, and another guy robbed the bank before him, who was ahead of him in line!

middleofnowhere

Registered
on some utube somewhere

danny’s commentary partner mentions eklent kaci’s neck tattoo. asks danny how he feels about it. danny says, oh, we never got tattoos because then you’re easier to be identified by the police. i knew one guy who was gonna rob the bank. he was standing in line, and another guy robbed the bank before him, who was ahead of him in line!
Richie Ambrose had a tattoo on his arm that said Richie. He would put a bandaid over it.