What do you guys do when you get carded?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was a bouncer in Florida for a couple years at a biker bar. We didn't check everyone's ID's at the door but we did check everyone for weapons.

Still hate the policies?
I hate the fact that because I am a law abiding citizen I have to leave my weapons at home when I go play pool. I would love to carry my Kabar fighting knife.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I would have no problem if they asked for it as soon as I walked into the bar every time. I would learn to carry it when I go play pool at bars. But when I walk into bars and have literally ordered alcohol and honestly only olive garden and walmart are the only places that religiously card me it irks me. Also olive garden is a crap shoot.
Just carry your ID. How frigging difficult is that?

Complaining about places that do and places that don't is silly. Its on them if they want to risk their license. Why not just be prepared, since that's what we're all supposed to be, instead of making this about the ones that actually do what they are supposed to do? (Unlike you, who isn't doing what he is supposed to do.)

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
I hate the fact that because I am a law abiding citizen I have to leave my weapons at home when I go play pool. I would love to carry my Kabar fighting knife.
It's not because you're law abiding that you can't carry it. Trade it on a nice Desert Eagle and carry it tucked under a moob. SD is constitutional carry.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well Wal-Greens asks for photo ID from 100% of their customer if you wish to buy, Beer, Wine, or any beverage with Alcohol.

Kind of funny they asks Senior, but it is there policy, to ID everyone, don't like it go some placer else. They have the right, and it is their policy.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Sometimes if you get carded they are really asking if your interested in something illegal or illicit, just give them a signal about what other things you could be interested in.

JC

Coos Cues
I would have no problem if they asked for it as soon as I walked into the bar every time. I would learn to carry it when I go play pool at bars. But when I walk into bars and have literally ordered alcohol and honestly only olive garden and walmart are the only places that religiously card me it irks me. Also olive garden is a crap shoot.
Did it occur to you that maybe they are asking for id hoping against hope that you don't have it so you will leave?

You should teach them a lesson next time by whipping it out then continuing to be a deadbeat for a few more hours.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not because you're law abiding that you can't carry it. Trade it on a nice Desert Eagle and carry it tucked under a moob. SD is constitutional carry.
You can not carry weapons into a bar. There is signs on the doors about this.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did it occur to you that maybe they are asking for id hoping against hope that you don't have it so you will leave?

You should teach them a lesson next time by whipping it out then continuing to be a deadbeat for a few more hours.
How am I a dead beat? I buy pool.

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are states that require the bar tender to check your ID as they deliver EACH drink. 5 drinks = 5 ID checks--state law.

Even after your hair has turned white along with your mustache and you look the "on social security" part.
Which states are those exactly?

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I've seen you shoot. You buy a rack of balls and then do drills using the 9 ball as the cue ball and shooting the cue ball into the pocket.
Woooooooooow, I hope this is a joke. Somehow I think it may not be. If not it’s just about the biggest cheapskate move in the history of billiards And I say that as someone who once saw some guys try to use a flashlight to beat an automated snooker table light on a timer.