Hansi Buchem

Diamond Jack

9-ball Player
Silver Member
Hi every1,
i live in Germany, born 1958 and fighting hard against COPD, multiple sclerosis and depressions.
I had only power for a rack 9-ball and i like to share some videos with you.
Because of covid i play alone and that is not funny - but i have a 9ft. hometable.
The videos have no music, commentary or funny animated graphics or pinball machines.
Only 9-ball - nothing else.
Feel free to reply my videos, ask questions and help me a little in my isolation.
Here comes my first video under my real name Hansi Buchem, thx for watching.

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I enjoyed watching your videos Hansi. It is great seeing you and your room. It takes a big man to post a video of his game.
Hang in there and keep playing there can be good medicine in the game. I bet you have had a interesting life, we are about the same age.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have a good looking room there.
Isolation and depression do not go well together. Hope you are finding some ways to mitigate that. It can be difficult. Welcome.

Diamond Jack

9-ball Player
Silver Member
Depression and isolation is not that hard, i took a good pill mirtazapin 15mg a day and a have a fantastic girlfriend,
the real owner of the rooms, partner and sponsor and many more.
the hardest thing is that fuckin copd, it stops my movement really quick.
no wonder, i was a smoker the greatest part of my life und sometimes i smoked joints.
anyway, my last joint was in 2003 and i stopped smokin around 2016.
playin pool on our hometable is for me a smooth therapy, a had a timeout from pool over 6 years and
started slowly again 2019. i never was a good player but i love pool-billiards since 1970.
in my best times i had a hi run of 40balls in sp, my most played game is 9-ball.

Last edited:

Diamond Jack

9-ball Player
Silver Member
Back in the days around 1990 during the first 9-ball championships in Bergheim near Cologne/Germany i watched Steve Mizerak, at the picture was taken i held my left hand half before my head, anyway i thought Steve was the best player here...

Next picture i was directly behind Kim Davenport, hoping that he wins the whole thing.
Left from me played Nick Varner like a little god.

In the end it was Earl who get his hands on the trophy against Jeff Carter, Earl plays unbelievable.
Mike Sigel was early out, Oliver Ortmann was the best German, i fell in love with Loree Jon Jones,
Mr. Fujima from Japan was there, then i saw Ewa Mataya and fell in love again.
My countryman Thomas Engert and Ralf Souquet was upraising stars and i fell in love again with my first
professionell cue, a beautiful Meucci Originals JR-3 with a black handle. Yes, i fell in love with a cuestick.
Years later i sold this cue to a very good friend and bought another Meucci Originals, the Road Agent MS-3.

I have no rights on the pictures and i have no idea who owns them - they are over 30 years old.

Last edited:

Floydbeth

Registered
Depression and isolation is not that hard, i took a good pill mirtazapin 15mg a day and a have a fantastic girlfriend,
the real owner of the rooms, partner and sponsor and many more.
the hardest thing is that fuckin copd, it stops my movement really quick.
no wonder, i was a smoker the greatest part of my life und sometimes i smoked joints.
anyway, my last joint was in 2003 and i stopped smokin around 2016.
playin pool on our hometable is for me a smooth therapy, a had a timeout from pool over 6 years and
started slowly again 2019. i never was a good player but i love pool-billiards since 1970.
in my best times i had a hi run of 40balls in sp, my game is 9-ball.

Nice room !!! Thanks for the share.
Good job on sobriety 9 months and 4 days for me. Love pool, some day i will post my room like you did .👍

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing, For so many years I worried about how many balls I was missing, compared to someone else. Then I remembered when I first started playing, how much I loved to just watch the balls roll, and take their positions on the table . I still enjoy it. Good luck to you, and welcome to Az Billiards !

Diamond Jack

9-ball Player
Silver Member
Here is my tattoo, made in 2008.
It stands for 25 years pool league play and also for at this time 10 years partnership with my girlfriend.
She loves gardening and flowers, i love 9-ball. Voila.

Diamond Jack

9-ball Player
Silver Member
This is not my girlfriend but i love her too!
The famous Michaela Tabb, one of the best in business, a lovely woman and top notch referee.

Pic was taken in 2000 during the WPC in Cardiff, winner at that time Fong Pang Chao with
his beautiful "Rasputin" cue made by Ginacue Ernie Gutierrez.
Does everyone know what happend to his countryman Hao Ping Chang?

Last edited:

Diamond Jack

9-ball Player
Silver Member
Does everyone know what happend to his countryman Hao Ping Chang?
oh no, he died a few years ago - i remember him very well as a runner up against Efren in 1999.
Later in 2000 and 2002 he played against in Cardiff.
For me he was a player to watch - he has it all, a fluid stroke, a fast play, the love of the game and a silent way to act.
R.I.P. Hao Ping Chang 😢

Last edited:

Diamond Jack

9-ball Player
Silver Member
Proudly presents my newest Cue - the beautiful Meucci HOF 2 with traditionell and BD shaft.
After 35 years iam happy to move to this design, love the simple blonde wood, the razorsharp
white points and the rings...and this is my last cue in my small collection:

All the best and thx for watching or replies

Clusterbuster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really liked the room tour. I‘m not sure what the Covid situation is like in Germany now but I hope that it improves enough for you to get out more. Best of luck. You’ve got a nice game. Hang in there.