314-2 question

RobertR

WWSLD
Silver Member
Hi all, quick tech question. I have a 314-2 uniloc shaft I've been playing with, bought it second hand with a lucasi hybrid butt. I'm looking to get a backup 314-2 but all I can find is 12.75mm tip diameter. The 314-2 that I have measures 12.42 at the ferrule. Did someone turn this shaft down or was this an option I'm not seeing?

Thanks.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all, quick tech question. I have a 314-2 uniloc shaft I've been playing with, bought it second hand with a lucasi hybrid butt. I'm looking to get a backup 314-2 but all I can find is 12.75mm tip diameter. The 314-2 that I have measures 12.42 at the ferrule. Did someone turn this shaft down or was this an option I'm not seeing?

Thanks.
Stock was 12.75. Its either been turned down(most likely) or a custom order(pretty rare).

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
I ordered my 314-2 at 12.5mm from Seyberts. I assume they took a stock shaft and turned it down. In hindsight I wish I didn't do that because the ferrule developed a hairline crack.

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered my 314-2 at 12.5mm from Seyberts. I assume they took a stock shaft and turned it down. In hindsight I wish I didn't do that because the ferrule developed a hairline crack.
I actually believe Pred/Seyberts offer(Ed) an "S tuned" shaft where Seyberts had their own taper/diameter applied to the shafts. Otherwise yes, the shaft was aftermarket cleaned or tapered down to that 12.43.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Seyberts shafts not only had the Pred logo, but didn't they have a S on them notating the S tuning?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
If you turn down a shaft the cue no longer hits a ton.

Maybe hits 1500 lbs. but not a ton anymore.

Jeff Livingston

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
I actually believe Pred/Seyberts offer(Ed) an "S tuned" shaft where Seyberts had their own taper/diameter applied to the shafts. Otherwise yes, the shaft was aftermarket cleaned or tapered down to that 12.43.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Seyberts shafts not only had the Pred logo, but didn't they have a S on them notating the S tuning?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
The S Tuned shafts were actually Z shafts, not 314's.