"banking with the beard," cheap!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

middleofnowhere

Registered
if you're not hip, great deal on a great book:
Why do you think it's so cheap it's almost up to $20 with the shipping and will probably go a little higher it's an auction it's not a buy It now sale.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do you think it's so cheap it's almost up to $20 with the shipping and will probably go a little higher it's an auction it's not a buy It now sale.

well, it was cheap. the auction started out much lower, which is unusual for books like this.
it could've slipped through the cracks, but clearly didn't- how it goes.
you're right tho, I should've said "low starting bid on a great book"-

for what it's worth, I see another copy listed right now for 23 bucks, buy it now.
I've been following the book for a few months, and haven't seen many copies go for less than 25 shipped.

middleofnowhere

Registered
well, it was cheap. the auction started out much lower, which is unusual for books like this.
it could've slipped through the cracks, but clearly didn't- how it goes.
you're right tho, I should've said "low starting bid on a great book"-

for what it's worth, I see another copy listed right now for 23 bucks, buy it now.
I've been following the book for a few months, and haven't seen many copies go for less than 25 shipped.
Yeah you never know how an auction is going to go. I used to sell stuff on eBay occasionally and I always did the same as everybody started it at a dollar and see what happens. Sometimes it shoots to $100 and sometimes you end up selling a $50 item for $8.

I learned pretty quick with those auctions your better off just starting the item for the lowest amount you really want for it. If you're lucky you might get a couple guys bid against each other and it goes up.

Personally I don't really like to bid on auctions, I prefer buy It now, that way I just get the item and that's that. There's nothing worse than following an auction for like a week only to get beat out in like the last 30 seconds.

Last edited:

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah you never know how an auction is going to go. I used to sell stuff on eBay occasionally and I always did the same as everybody started it at a dollar and see what happens. Sometimes it shoots to $100 and sometimes you end up selling a $50 item for $8.

I learned pretty quick with those auctions your better off just starting the item for the lowest amount you really want for it. If you're lucky you might get a couple guys bid against each other and it goes up.

Personally I don't really like to bid on auctions, I prefer buy It now, that way I just get the item and that's that. There's nothing worse than following an auction for like a week only to get out in like the last 30 seconds.
Only thing worse then getting beat out in the last 30 seconds- winning the auction and wondering wtf was I thinking?

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally I don't really like to bid on auctions, I prefer buy It now, that way I just get the item and that's that. There's nothing worse than following an auction for like a week only to get out in like the last 30 seconds.
The last 30 seconds? Try the last 30 nano seconds--that's when the computers duke it out. If you don't use Bidnapper, or the like, then you are just giving away free information to other buyers.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Freddy's books are available new directly from his website which I believe is run by his daughter:

Reactions: Pin