Schmelke Cues 2021

moneytalks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry guys but I have to do it. Schmelke deserves a shout out for being the best playing cue in my arsenal, and by far the cheapest. I keep one in my truck 24/7 in Texas weather and it's dead straight. The $80 hard maple shafts play lights out and everyone asks me about my $190 rosewood sneaky that was fully customized to my preferred specs. I can't believe it's still such a secret when many custom cue makers are building with Schmelke wood. Part of me wants to keep the secret, but they deserve the advertising. Throw a Schmelke in your trunk and you will never regret it.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I give , I have googled it and searched urban dictionary,what is Schmelke slang for?😉

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a special order Schmelke Bacote a while back.
It plays so good that the Lucasi and the Troy Downey are now closet queens.
And it was only $230 and a 4 week wait. Its now $250.
Hell of value from them and American made.

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked up a Schmelke Rosewood sneaky, a few years ago, as a backup cue. It's a good cue, and I wouldn't be unhappy using it everyday, if necessary. It's a great value.

moneytalks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They have ruined me on custom cues. I just noticed they are selling a carbon fiber shaft for $340. To be honest, Schmelke is the reason I gave up carbon fiber. If you're into a 3/8 pin and a wood to wood hit... there is no better cue. Not to mention they are almost free. If I ever go pro, I'll have a shitty velcro Schmelke patch on my shitty Matchroom pool polo.

moneytalks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's interesting because I bought a Becue from somebody in Texas and it's warped.
lol.. well I've personally never seen a warped Becue, so I find that hard to believe. However, you should be careful who you deal with. Especially from Texas.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
That's interesting because I bought a Becue from somebody in Texas and it's warped.
Some of the their early cues had a problem in their manufacturing process and were not straight right off the assembly line. I returned a shaft that was bad.

Jack Fate

Schmelke was my first better cue. That was about 35 years ago. Joint was brass ( I believe) and was large in diameter, very strange joint. I have a friend that sill uses his 30 + years now.
When I was looking at cues & rolling them on the table I was finding a lot of warped cues ( the place had well over a hundred. After some time looking a person that works there said roll a Schmelke I did and bought it. I gave it with my first table I sold along with an Elite cue & 4 old duffrin bar cues that I desperately wish I had now