WORLD POOL CHAMPIONSHIP (6-10 June2021) Champion $50K

Mole Eye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone has an opinion, so here’s mine Derby City Master of the table is the hardest title to win. Is it a major ? Absolutely

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Everyone has an opinion, so here’s mine Derby City Master of the table is the hardest title to win. Is it a major ? Absolutely
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and a DCC Master of the Table is a great achievement, a testament to all around excellence. That said, probably 98% of the world's one pocket players are American and 99.5% of the world's bank pool players are American, so what's the point of comparison.

It's also worth noting that the elite aren't always present at the Derby. For example, none of these players were at the 2020 Derby city Classic:

JL Chang, Kevin Chang, Anton Raga, Xiaohuai Zheng, Carlo Biado, Wu Jiaqing, Ko Pin Yi, Ko Ping Chung, Albin Ouschan, Niels Feijen, Francisco Sanchez Ruiz. Klenti Kaci, and Fedor Gorst.

That's thirteen of the world's twenty best based on Fargo. Let's not try to confuse the kind of fields you get at the Derby to those found at majors like the US Open, China Open, All Japan and the World Championship. The Derby is great, but it's not quite a gathering of all the elite.

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Time for the commentators to stop saying that this is the only big title that has eluded SVB. He has never won the China Open or the All-Japan Championship either, the other two stage majors with giant and super-elite international fields.. He's won just one (the US Open 9-ball) of what have been the four hardest titles to win in our sport over his legendary career. Of course, the most important jewel missing in his crown is the World Championship, and it will be a heartwarming story is he wins it this week.
Even though it's relatively new, I would add the International to that list of Major Titles. Killer fields.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
karl boyes is getting a proper hiding from the spaniard
Sanchez Ruiz is 17th best in the world based on his 811 Fargo Rate. He tied for fifth at the 2019 US Open 9-ball, falling to eventual champion Filler in the quarterfinal. Very tough assignment here for Karl.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Even though it's relatively new, I would add the International to that list of Major Titles. Killer fields.
Well said. The International, already a very fine event, is on the rise, and may soon attract the kind of fields normally only seen at the World Championship, China Open, All Japan and US Open. I've already purchased my tickets fr the International this October. I can't wait. Pat Fleming is building something very special here.

Last edited:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Boyes did miss 2 ball.. Looked like he hit it little poorly and then table rolled inwards to middle to make sure it wont go in..
9-2 Ruiz

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sanchez Ruiz is 17th best in the world based on his 811 Fargo Rate. He tied for fifth at the 2019 US Open 9-ball, falling to eventual champion Filler in the quarterfinal. Very tough assignment here for Karl.
Didn't he also place 3rd at the 2017 US Open when Shaw won? This could be his time.

Skess

Another sidearmer...
Silver Member
Who is currently playing on the Live Youtube feed? There are no names or scores.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Didn't he also place 3rd at the 2017 US Open when Shaw won? This could be his time.
Yes, that's correct. I believe Kaci beat him in the hot seat match and he then fell to Shaw.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From Boyes safe Ruiz shoots crazy low angle jump combo to middle and then shoots really long hard shot is and run out rest... 10-3

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sky is the first through to last 16
At blink of an eye by end of today only 16 standing.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Must be one of best performances of years i seen any game that came today from Ruiz... Destroying Boyes 11-3 and making all hard tables fast and loose like nothing

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sanchez-Ruiz gets the winner of Filler vs Oi in the round of 16. That will be a good match.