How much to rack my balls? In pool. I am serious. Not a joke.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I really do not like bending over. I do not like having to pick up the balls in the ball return area and putting them in the triangle. So how much would you charge per hour to rack all my balls? I asked this of a person that worked at a pool hall and he said this was a service they did not offer.

Thanks.

L.S. Dennis

So I really do not like bending over. I do not like having to pick up the balls in the ball return area and putting them in the triangle. So how much would you charge per hour to rack all my balls? I asked this of a person that worked at a pool hall and he said this was a service they did not offer.

Thanks.
In bowling years ago they used to hire pin setters, with all the technology available today I’m surprised some enterprising person hasn’t already come up with an automatic ball racker as did bowling!

Reactions: Pin

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The tables at the poo' haw I grew up in didn't have racks. You paid at the table. From open to close, one man and one man only would rack each new game. He was a big, strong walnut skinned black man. His name was Percy. He wore a white linen newsboy hat and in the age worn creases at the top of his hat sat "The Rack." From up and down the room, methodically, like a pocket watch, a loser would cry, "Rack 'em, Percy." He had a white change apron and he always wore a white, long sleeve cotton shirt. Summer, winter, no AC, no heat, he always dressed the same, and he was always there, ready to rack 'em one more time.

They said Ol' Percy made a good living, but nobody knew where he lived. The room was upstairs, so it's possible he slept where he worked. After High School, some college, and the Army, and after I'd been home for a while, I went over town one day. The street door was locked. Percy? He was gone. Nobody knew if there had even been a funeral. Over 60 years ago now. "Rack 'em, Percy."

L.S. Dennis

I call them my opponent 😎
Think of how many arguments could be avoided by having a neutral entity (the machine that swoops down over the table and racks the balls like in bowling) rack the balls for both players. Of course the marching could be set for the different rack configurations, 9 ball and full 15 ball rack for straight pool and eight ball etc.

Think about it,,,

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Think of how many arguments could be avoided by having a neutral entity (the machine that swoops down over the table and racks the balls like in bowling) rack the balls for both players. Of course the marching could be set for the different rack configurations, 9 ball and full 15 ball rack for straight pool and eight ball etc.

Think about it,,,
Pool players live to complain

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I don't really have a problem with this question. When I was growing up, it was not uncommon for a railbird who was present to rack the balls, with compensation typically being a soda/coffee once an hour paid for by the player(s). If it were a big money game, the winner would typically tip the rack boy, too.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Thanks.

How do you shoot Pool w/o bending?

Try a Strip Joint with Pool Tables, as the help will preform any service for 💰.

Attachments

• 9F4FCBA6-A448-4B39-B972-0E1286F6A401.jpeg
    9F4FCBA6-A448-4B39-B972-0E1286F6A401.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 123
Last edited: