US Open, vendor booths?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does the US Open usually have an area for vendors? Demo tables for cues/shafts, maybe the beef jerky guys that show up at SBE hehe :)

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The International Open in Norfolk Virginia (formerly Behrman's US Open) at the Sheraton has booths and some demo tables and a cue repair guy.

The US Open that was at Mandalay Bay and will be in Atlantic City maybe had a few booths or none at all. The only things I can remember in the hallway outside the tournament ballroom were refreshment stands and a place to buy shirts and posters and such. Water was $6 but beer was $5. (y)

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$6 for a bottle of water- real nice guys. Reminds me of my first visit to the "new" Yankee stadium in 2009 when I lived up north. "Conveniently", none of the water fountains in the stadium were operable YET- so in 2009 you were paying $5 for a bottle of water, and no liquid was allowed to be brought in to the stadium back then. City Inspectors were paid off to look the other way as millions $$ were made within a few months on water at Yankee Stadium- do the math - 40,000 fans a game X $5.

One of a string of circumstances that have really soured me on the Yankeees and price gouging in general.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
$6 for a bottle of water- real nice guys. ...
I brought my own water. The concessions were run by Mandalay Bay. I suspect there was little the promoter (Matchroom) could do about concession prices. There are few good deals at Mandalay Bay. There are one or two reasonable restaurants.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When we go to DCC we hit a Walmart and load up on sandwich stuff, snacks, water, beer, etc. And a liquor store. ;)

eDionisio

AzB Artist
Gold Member
Silver Member
Team AzB
This thread brought back a-lot of memories for me.
Here are some photos I took, behind the scenes.

See everyone in AC ~

FYI, they had free ice cold filtered water every 20ft.

So if you were buying the 6$ water .........

Cheers

e.